Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Update on this weekend
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Update on this weekend

Mar 6, 2020, 1:54 PM

Seems like this is our second chance type of thing with Henderson and we're no longer projecting him as a DB but as an Athlete leaving the door open to his option of position which I think is the right move as he's extremely athletic he could be about anything he wants, very intelligent on the field and off the field as well. Seems Jordan Hancock is almost ready to shut it down so we need to make a big move this weekend, OSU is in a good spot here and Barrett Carter would be a lot more likely if we add Hancock this weekend as they're HS teammates. JK Johnson is on his first visit I believe so if there was ever a time to plant our feet and make a push it would be here. Really wish we found a way to get Mckinstry back this weekend as well.

IF we made a big push with Rucci and landed a commitment this weekend (as of now don't hold your breath) it would leave only 1 tackle spot open for 2021 really putting the spotlight on Leigh and Brockermeyer who currently says he is a package deal with his brother but once doors start closing we've seen that statement sometimes not stick.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Update on this weekend

Mar 6, 2020, 2:05 PM

Excellent info!

Keep it coming!

Mar 6, 2020, 2:17 PM

Rumor is Henderson might not make it in now. Will have more later

Mar 6, 2020, 2:31 PM

Hearing this too.

Mar 6, 2020, 2:35 PM

I love Henderson and he's an amazing athletes but if we're missing on any of these guys I think we can afford to miss on Henderson the most with our RB room right now and especially if we land Shipley and Egbuka not sure where he'd fit in at in that scenario but obviously his extreme athleticism puts him as a contender at any position so I'd love to have him.

Mar 6, 2020, 2:47 PM

Stellato>Egbuka

Mar 6, 2020, 2:50 PM

Absolutely not. Stellato is very very good but as of right now Egbuka is the clear top receiver in this cycle. Landing both would be monstrous.

Mar 6, 2020, 7:07 PM

Both bring skill sets & a body type much different than our 2 WR commits who closely resemble the majority of our WR position group. I'd be happy w/ either, OSU will be tough to beat & Washington is a long walk from here-wish we'd offer the 4? OG/C brother, OT is a pos of NEED & he's #1 in the class-still a long shot w/ package deal, love to have Rucci, at least 1elite level OT in this class-

Mar 6, 2020, 7:09 PM

I think we're in too good of a spot with Leigh and Nucci to go all in on Brockermeyer. Also our coaches have never been one to be told how to recruit by recruits so I wouldn't expect it.

Mar 6, 2020, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Update on this weekend ]

Speed is there but comparing the two is a no brainer. Egbuka is 20 lbs more with the identical 40 and a half second shuttle faster nearly and about 8 inch higher vertical and an inch height difference. The vertical is kind of concerning to me with the whole "jump ball" aspect Clemson loves as his vertical is not just low for a WR but for perspective purposes all 4 of our DL signees had a higher vertical that he did and the closest of our DL with a comparable vert is 130 pounds more. His frame looks very good for 170lbs and wouldn't be surprised if he weighed more but definitely would like confirmation his weight is higher and he can maintain that speed with the added size as well as hope he just had an off day with the vertical jump.

Re: No mention of Stellato? He's our top WR target.....

Mar 6, 2020, 3:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Mar 6, 2020, 3:28 PM

He is not our top WR prospect but he will be there this weekend if all things pan out as expected for him.

Mar 6, 2020, 3:32 PM

Fair enough. "One of our top WR targets".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Mar 6, 2020, 3:36 PM

Just haven't heard much about him changing anything yet or how his commitment would effect our other prospects so I didn't include him. Will do once I hear anything. Long arms thicker build (despite his weight being shockingly lower than he looks) gonna beat you in a foot race type of guy that will benefit greatly from a college workout he's a prospect I would love to have.

Mar 6, 2020, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: No mention of Stellato? He's our top WR target..... ]

It’s a Clemson/Ohio st battle for both. We look like the leader for stellato while Ohio st looks like the leader for egbuka. Stellato plays way better competition and dominates not only in game but in camp settings, egbuka may be the more talented but overall best goes to stellato when it’s all said an done. Both are very good prospects.

Mar 6, 2020, 3:43 PM

Correct in them both being OSU/Clemson but I feel better about Egbuka leaning to us at this point. Not sure how you figure about the camp setting/game setting breakdown Egbuka has 2600 more yard and 47 more receiving TDs in game and puts up better camp numbers added to his height/weight being larger. Not an argument about the competition as obviously I can't attest to who they play but scouts absolutely rave about Egbuka every time they see him and last week even claimed he showed more than enough to prove his top ranked WR status with Jamarr Chase comparisons and "top 2-3 west coast WR prospect in the last decade."

Mar 6, 2020, 4:07 PM

Those camp numbers are over a year old when no one was even mentioning stellato he was a low level 3 star. Did you not see him make espn last month by absolutely bullying a kid in 1 on 1s? I don’t want it to seem like I’m bashing egbuka because he really is a beast I just think stellato has that swagger and chip on his shoulder to go with everything else.

Mar 6, 2020, 6:25 PM

Yes and you can see his speed and all in film but Egbuka's numbers only only 3 months closer to date. I'm just worried about his jump the size and other things will come but even in his film you don't see him really get a ton of air but his length wins in HS. I'm more than happy with both of them but Egbuka just seems to be on another level which isn't a knock at all to anyone but a high not for Egbuka in my mind.

His praise was top 2 or 3 of the decade from the whole west coast think about that (for WR) they're saying he's top 2 or 3 which includes Collin Johnson, John Ross, the St Brown brothers, Juju Smith Schuster etc etc and that's just California receivers off the top of my head.. Gonna have to see them in the same setting before I change my opinion honestly because there's a lot more to this point to go with on Egbuka which again is no fault or knock on Stellato who's becoming a stud WR himself.

Think we've found our new football recruiting guru!!!

Mar 6, 2020, 6:27 PM

@SethSlyy

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic