Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Up-date from the ol' 71PR...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Up-date from the ol' 71PR...

Sep 17, 2018, 8:20 AM

Hell-o to All and our 3-0 Tigers!

I have some un-settling news to pass on to my friends here on TigerNet. We are approaching a crossroads in my cancer treatment and I just wanted to let my T-Net Family know.

My CT earlier this month showed progression of about 6-10 small tumors in my left lung that were not previously defined. This means I am now off the immunotherapy KeyTruda and will go back on a chemotherapy regime next week. We are also doing what is called a CT-DNA mutation blood test which is a method to see what type cancer may be carried in my DNA to other areas. Right now it is still seen to be isolated to my left lung. It can also help determine if whether or not a treatment is possible or if there is no cancer mutation present.

My doctor told me I probably would lose my hair with this treatment. I don't have a lot to lose anyway, and I'll finally get to have that Kojak look. We're stocking up on Tootsie Roll Pops and looking for a narrow brim black velour fedora with a b/w band. I still have plenty of wide ties to wear...keep your fingers off them, TB1!

Y'all keep Sandy, Jeremy, Heather, the Grand-kids, and my Family in your prayers as we go forth in this battle. I compare this episode to the Battle of Bastogne. IT HAD A GOOD ENDING!!! Whatever the Good Lord has in store for me, I'll be happy because I know this time on Earth is just a blink of the eye compared to the Eternity we'll have with Him. Sandy and I take it a day at a time.

My Best to All of You!!!!

"Who loves ya', Baby!!!"

71PR/Ron W.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Up-date from the ol' 71PR...

Sep 17, 2018, 8:22 AM

You’re in my prayers Ron. Hang in there brother.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2018, 8:41 AM

You have a great attitude and I’m sure a wonderful support group. Cancer is a monster that rears it’s head and attacks young and old too, too often. Sounds like you have a good relationship with the Lord and that will go as far as you need it. Good luck and my prayers are also with you and your family.

Sep 17, 2018, 8:37 AM

Prayers sent for all of you in the battle or impacted by it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2018, 8:42 AM

I believe in you buddy ! You're not losing to this thing !

Keep on keeping on 71PR !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 17, 2018, 8:45 AM

I pray for success in your battle and am thankful for your faith in the Father as you go forward.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You GOT this Ron!

Sep 17, 2018, 8:46 AM

Prayers and ONLY positive thoughts coming your way, Brother!

Two thoughts: Like Dabo says, the early rankings don’t matter - it’s “ how you’re going to be AFTER you’ve fought and won ALL your games against that damb’d c”!

And hair is highly over rated!

God Bless my friend and GO Tiger!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Sep 17, 2018, 8:52 AM

Prayers for you and your family as you fight this disease.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2018, 8:56 AM

Prayers for You and Your Family! Keep fighting and keep the faith!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2018, 8:59 AM

Prayers for you and your family. Sounds as if you listened to Dabo, "The only handicap in life is a bad attitude", because you have a great attitude.

Prayers sent!***

Sep 17, 2018, 9:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Many Blessings Sent & Gut eR Done RON!

Sep 17, 2018, 10:15 AM

And know there’s always hair transplants but i don’t recommend it due to cost & it still falls out eventually.

I know! ??

Go TiGER!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2018, 10:22 AM

Hang in there - my late husband,who had a shortage of hair,used to say "who wants fat hair anyway"My prayers are with you.?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We love you brother! Hang in there, keep that great attitude!!***

Sep 17, 2018, 10:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 17, 2018, 11:44 AM

You are in my prayers. This is so difficult to go through. Stay strong and have faith that you will come out of this stronger.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Prayers lifted for you and your family!***

Sep 17, 2018, 12:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prayers lifted for you and your family!***

Sep 17, 2018, 12:53 PM

Praying that God will give you strength and peace! Also, prayers for you family.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2018, 1:51 PM

Thank you for the update. I know you were hoping for better results, but you are still in the race. The progress they are making these days is amazing, so keep taking things one day at a time.

We will keep you and your family in our prayers and hope that you get good news soon. Take care.

Sep 17, 2018, 2:02 PM

Your awesome attitude and strong faith will serve you well in this battle. Rest assured there will be continual prayers for you and your family. God bless.

Sep 17, 2018, 3:14 PM

You and your loved ones are in my prayers. Each day is a gift so treasure each one. Tiger Nation is pulling for you.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2018, 3:17 PM

Hang in there! Prayers for you!

Sep 17, 2018, 4:23 PM

MANY prayers to your and your family sir.

GO TIGERS!!

Sep 17, 2018, 4:32 PM

Ron .... the only thing you have control over is your attitude ... and it is terrific. The rest is in God's hands and I pray that he gives your doctors and medical team all they need to treat your illness. I'll also pray for you and your family .....right this minute!

Sep 17, 2018, 6:12 PM

Love and prayers for ya'll!! Don't know if you have looked into it, but there are liquids from Hemp Plants that have had some amazing results in killing cancer cells. Mom, Dad, and Aunt have all battled cancer so I did my research. One is called Arizona Tears. You can find some that specifically target cancer cells in lungs(can't remember exact one). I realize some people think it's crazy.

Sep 17, 2018, 6:24 PM

Thanks for the update ‘71. Your strong faith an great attitude are both great medicine. Prayers for you and your family. Kick this thing’s butt.

Sep 17, 2018, 6:32 PM

Prayers to you and your family! The Lord heals all and he is on your side!

Sep 17, 2018, 6:59 PM

Prayers for you and all your family. Keep up the great attitude and the Lord will give you the strength to fight the good fight. Will continue to send prayers up for you.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic