Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sounds like fun.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 309

Sounds like fun.

Oct 13, 2019, 6:11 PM

Henry vs. bengaline in the first bout.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-carolina-assisted-living-facility-dementia-fight-club

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Until it’s your mom

Oct 13, 2019, 6:32 PM

I watched my mother in law succumb to that horrible disease. My wife’s mom, my kids Mimi died a little bit every day right in front of us.

What is worse, is that I watched my wife’s heart and soul ripped out every day we dealt with it. I watched my kids not understand why Mimi didn’t know their names.

There is no justice severe enough for those cold heartless people.

Sorry, please continue your joke

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Until it’s your mom

Oct 13, 2019, 6:39 PM

My dad and MIL also. Sorry if I offended.***

Oct 13, 2019, 6:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Until it’s your mom ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No worries, it’s the lounge...My minds eye just sees my

Oct 13, 2019, 7:49 PM

Wife walking into the nursing home and being told that her moms caregivers did this. She would have killed every last one of the with her bare hands. She already thinks she was a failure because we could not care for her 24/7.

Incidentally MIL was in a home not 20 miles from this one.

I’m sorry about your father and MIL.

Imagine if someone made a joke about someone dying.

Oct 13, 2019, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Until it’s your mom ]

Holy cow then we could all just rip them a new one. Interestingly enough, they actually do. I think we should completely #### on anyone who has ever had a cynical view of anything. I mean who are they to say anything funny about something we choose to wallow in? Oh wait, people deal with difficulties in different ways all the ####### time though, right? Maybe I’m lost. Is this not the Lounge? Is this the ####### P&R board where we ####### hate each other like a bunch of fuckfaces? Or is it the Jounge where we come in here and deal with our problems with sarcasm and humor? Maybe I’m lost. God knows I’m drunk enough to be.

Dude, it was a joke about two old guys. Lots of us have had to deal with family having dementia. It sucks! So does cancer! So does Alzheimer’s, and Parkinson’s, and all the other #### out there. He wasn’t making fun of people with the disease. He was showing some levity about a news story regarding sick ##### that should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. While also mocking some old folks here in the Lounge. I said, “MOCKING SOME OLD FOLKS HERE IN THE LOUNGE!”, in case they couldn’t hear me.

Sorry things were so difficult for you and your fam bro. Disease and death sucks. I hope y’all hang on to the happier memories. And yes, I hope those ####### in the news story live everyday regretting the inhuman treatment they gave to those who had been entrusted to their care.

You’re actually capable of some deep thoughts, huh?

Oct 14, 2019, 10:39 AM

I’m thinking, like beef, you’re on the wagon and just playing the game.

Bring it on!

Oct 13, 2019, 6:48 PM

??

Replies: 7
| visibility 309
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic