Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Herbstreit: Clemson's out of Playoff race with injured Bryant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

FB Update: Herbstreit: Clemson's out of Playoff race with injured Bryant

Oct 24, 2017, 7:31 PM

Herbstreit: Clemson's out of Playoff race with injured Bryant

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I speak for TigerNet when I say that only Finebaum's opinion matters***

Oct 24, 2017, 7:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I speak for TigerNet when I say that only Finebaum's opinion matters***

Oct 24, 2017, 9:21 PM

TigerNet humor check...if you didn't get that and/or laugh at it. Take some time, think about your life.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2017, 9:34 AM [ in reply to I speak for TigerNet when I say that only Finebaum's opinion matters*** ]

HAHA! Yeah I see what you did there. But this article is very true, we saw what can happen, and it wasn’t good. We may not see what the coaches do with Cooper, but I don’t see us beating either” states “ with him. We need a healthy Bryant.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2017, 12:09 PM [ in reply to I speak for TigerNet when I say that only Finebaum's opinion matters*** ]

10 4.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately I agree with him

Oct 24, 2017, 7:38 PM

If KB ends up getting reinjured and can’t go against NCST they will beat us. Kills me to say it, but they are actually pretty dang good this year.

I agree. He's correct.***

Oct 24, 2017, 8:22 PM

He should never have played vs Syracuse

Oct 24, 2017, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately I agree with him ]

He would have had three weeks to fully recover ... Herbstreit's right; one hit and he's at 60% and this is a nagging injury that lasts the entire season. We need to either start Cooper or Johnson this week and suck it up. Let the strenth of the team win this one. This week is on the defense anyway - if this is a shootout then Bryant at 80% isn't going to get it done.

Re: Unfortunately I agree with him

Oct 24, 2017, 10:52 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately I agree with him ]

NCST has a really good hard hitting agressive team this year. I know one game at a time, but I hope Johnson and Cooper were getting significant snaps these two weeks. Go Tigers

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: Unfortunately I agree with him

Oct 24, 2017, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately I agree with him ]

what team would not be in trouble without their starting qb. really ignorant statement imo

well I guess I can go ahead and sell me ACCCG tickets

Oct 24, 2017, 7:44 PM

Since ESPN says we're done.

I could not agree more. A hurt QB, no PK, ETN gimpy =

Oct 24, 2017, 7:47 PM

beat the coots and wait for TLaw's arrival. I would love to see HJ and Tee get their chance in the interim.

But the worst part is I am upset that the coaches let it come to this. Why couldn't they see what most of us saw during the Syracuse game? Get him out of there and let him live to fight another day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A back up would be serviceable against GT. Get KB2 rest for State***

Oct 24, 2017, 7:48 PM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

saying the same thing**

Oct 24, 2017, 7:57 PM

T-Netters have been saying for two weeks ( ankle will bother KB the rest of the year) -- rest Kelley,play the back-ups ( which ever QB is the better )

Re: FB Update: Herbstreit: Clemson's out of Playoff race with injured Bryant

Oct 24, 2017, 8:01 PM

Saturday will sort out a lot of "ifs".

Oct 24, 2017, 8:33 PM

I blew my ankle out in March slipping on a patch of ice at 6 in the morning, super painful, and super Frustrating! I work at a ski resort and basically could not work or snowboard for the rest of the season. Mind you I'm not 21 years old anymore, but I'm just saying it does take a long time to heal even with lots of treatments. I hope the best for KB but it's so hard to watch knowing how frustrating it is! We will pull it together!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Without Bryant the defense will have to be a lot better than

Oct 24, 2017, 8:33 PM

... than they were at Syracuse.

We can win games with a backup QB, but not if the defense gives up 27 points and can’t get off the field on 3rd down.

We need for the defense to take over games and dominate like they did when Cole Stoudt was starting.

HJ should be the backup. Sick of seniority trumping ablility***

Oct 24, 2017, 8:34 PM

HERBSTREIT NEVR HAS NICE THANGS TO SAY ABOUT CLEMSON

Oct 24, 2017, 8:51 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really? A TD for an obvious joke? Screw off, random stranger

Oct 24, 2017, 9:02 PM

WINKY FACE

Worst Article of The Day

Oct 24, 2017, 9:05 PM

This writer has a future at Yahoo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2017, 9:09 PM

Herbstreit is speaking without bias & is spot on. If Bryant starts Saturday @ 85% we are basically rolling the dice on the entire season with every snap. Scary thought!

Coaching Staff did not count on media tying Clemson to KB

Oct 24, 2017, 9:13 PM

Win and in? Maybe? Herbstreit, who picked Clemson pre-season last year to win it all, may again be on top of the college football spin game.

Clemson no doubt looked like a very overrated team with SYR loss and injured KB limping all over the field. It was a neon announcement to college football media and fans that Clemson coaches had no respect for the backup Clemson QB's. The move announced Dabo, TE and JS were afraid of the "next man up" at QB position. Dabo and caoches said themselves "They weren't ready."

So while T-Netters have been debating these last two weeks on the merits of ZC and HJ, the national debate been passing T-Net and Clemson by. Sure it's just an article and show fodder, but an effective case has been made. Who wants to watch a pretty good team who has a great D-Line, above average RB's who get few carries, above average WR's who get few passes over 8 yards, and an immobile and injured running QB? It's a beauty contest and Herbstreit (Oh St), Galloway (Oh St), Finebaum (SEC) and others are landing some effective shots.

Media is doing their best to link Clemson fortunes to a gimpy starting QB who is an average passer when he is healthy and can threaten Defenses with the run. We're in a tough spot. What will Clemson coaches and players bring to the party these next three weeks?

You should omit Galloway from that.

Oct 24, 2017, 9:30 PM

I didn't take the link between KB and our success as a stab. I felt they were making excuses for having voted us a high ranking. Anyway, Joey said we could execute a good game with Coop.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Key word - EXECUTE

Oct 25, 2017, 3:59 PM

Going off of what you are saying, it's time for Zerrick to show why redshirting him last year was a good idea. Not to dig on Cole Stoudt, but I remember the coaches saying "he knows the playbook" blah blah blah. Doesn't matter how well you know it if you can't EXECUTE

Message was edited by: Fridge_Perry®

Re: Coaching Staff did not count on media tying Clemson to KB

Oct 25, 2017, 4:09 AM [ in reply to Coaching Staff did not count on media tying Clemson to KB ]

Hopefully one of our backup QB's start and get in rhythm. I agree with herbie and Galloway. This is our hopes at playoffs on the line and we need to start the next man up if KB isn't 100%. Should have did it against Cuse but it's now or never. I think this team can make it to the championship game cause venerables will correct the D but we have to get these young QBs some playing time/rhythm to keep the offense afloat

Oct 24, 2017, 9:19 PM

I don't know if I agree with that, I think if any of the three was the number one from the start we would be in great shape.

Alabama has showed us over the last eight years that you can win championships with stud running backs, great defense and average QB play.

Oct 24, 2017, 9:22 PM

You do have a point.

Joey was the only one who saw the Cuse game.

Oct 24, 2017, 9:26 PM

It was clear the moron voters on ESPiN excused Clemson's loss on the fact that we lost KB. Well, he didn't commit all those stupid penalities, he didn't miss blocks at the LOS and I don't think he played on the defense. I excuse KB's occasional failure to cross the line to gain. I write it off as him protecting his body by avoiding a hard tackle.

We lost for half a dozen reasons but Cooper wasn't one of them. He did a fine job. Galloway made that quite clear. He firmly believes we can compete without KB.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But do our coaches believe we can win without KB?***

Oct 24, 2017, 9:32 PM

No passing game is definitely a problem just as the other

Oct 24, 2017, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Joey was the only one who saw the Cuse game. ]

things you mentioned.

Oct 24, 2017, 10:04 PM

What is he a doctor? - is what a lot of you people say whenever someone gives an opinion on how to handle a sprained ankle.

What are you, a shark?***

Oct 24, 2017, 10:54 PM

He must have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express!***

Oct 25, 2017, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Herbstreit: Clemson's out of Playoff race with injured Bryant ]

Rest KB!

Oct 24, 2017, 10:13 PM

Our defense, of late, has controlled GT. As the interviews said.. man on man.. just don’t miss your assignments on D. We’ll be fine!! Go Tigers

Yes, rest KB and if Coop is not doing the job, give HJ a

Oct 24, 2017, 10:38 PM

chance.

Oct 24, 2017, 10:47 PM

Oct 24, 2017, 11:05 PM

First of all KH, needs to know how to dress before he can say anything about CU! But, on the other hand, he is right let KB rest! It is up to the Power Rangers, the front to get the job done. It does not matter who plays at QB, they need to just play Clemson football and take care of the ball and stop with the penalties and just play like they are hungry and want another chance at Alabama! Clemson needs to stay focus and whoever is the QB, they need to protect him and take care of the ball! I wish Clemson the best on Saturday night with or without KB, Clemson has to do this because the Shamecocks are looking for another lost so they can rub this one in CU faces! LET'S DO THIS CLEMSON, DO YOUR JOB AND GET THE JOB DONE!!!!!!!!!!! DO not give Carolina any more early Christmas wish! GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!

Oct 25, 2017, 2:54 AM

When you really think about it, Herbstreit's opinion doesn't matter. Tigers will win with or without KB. Our team is not one player if we play well.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2017, 9:05 AM

Yes but it's how one player affects the overall dynamics. That was his point...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha! Syracuse proved Tigers will not win out with injured KB***

Oct 25, 2017, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Herbstreit: Clemson's out of Playoff race with injured Bryant ]

True*****

Oct 25, 2017, 4:47 AM

Oct 25, 2017, 6:52 AM

Kirk does not realize that CLEMSON has a QB that is probably just as good or better than KB2 cuz we choose not to play him. It's our secret weapon that we are keeping on the down-lo.

LOL, hopefully not on the "down-lo" after this game!***

Oct 25, 2017, 8:17 AM

Oct 25, 2017, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Herbstreit: Clemson's out of Playoff race with injured Bryant ]

He has been one of the few that has been clemson positive, has a good point, saying your not 100% but will be by game time is almost never true. Guess we'll see

Oct 25, 2017, 8:58 AM

We certainly need the defense to show up. But how about the o-line manning up and controlling via a dominant run game - a QBs best friend. Also would help get the d-line some rest. Keep hearing about how good our o-line is, so lets challenge them and turn them loose on the bug defense!

Oct 25, 2017, 9:03 AM

I agree with his thesis but hope we make it into the F4 either way...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2017, 10:36 AM

herby is absolutely correct. we need to start johnson or cooper and if we can get and keep a lead, let him rest that ankle......we're going to need him at 95% or better to beat ncsu at their place.....dabo i sure as heck hope u r reading all this cuz it is sound wisdom. now if we get behind then things are different

Oct 25, 2017, 10:36 AM

herby is absolutely correct. we need to start johnson or cooper and if we can get and keep a lead, let him rest that ankle......we're going to need him at 95% or better to beat ncsu at their place.....dabo i sure as heck hope u r reading all this cuz it is sound wisdom. now if we get behind then things are different

Oct 25, 2017, 12:05 PM

And Bryant may not even be Clemson's best QB...

Are you serious? Based on what evidence?***

Oct 25, 2017, 12:07 PM

If he was 80-85% on Monday, it's reasonable to believe he

Oct 25, 2017, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Herbstreit: Clemson's out of Playoff race with injured Bryant ]

will be at 95% or better by Saturday night at 8 pm.

Hope you're right, Doc

Oct 25, 2017, 12:46 PM

Last time I had a sprained ankle, it took about 3 weeks to heal. It was probably a low ankle sprain, but I know things like stopping in place and turning corners were quite difficult for me. I think I may have even got caught walking in a circle cause my foot wouldn't turn.

I'm not a doc, but there is a big difference in the medical

Oct 25, 2017, 3:11 PM

treatment and rehab you or I would get for an ankle sprain and what a D1 athlete at a premier institution would get.

Everybody (but maybe Dabo) knows you don't play a 90% KB.

Oct 25, 2017, 1:18 PM

I hope Dabo is planning to start HJ and he is just misleading GT's DC with his comments about KB. Surely Dabo learned from the Syracuse game that starting a 90% KB is disastrous and that Cooper is inadequate.

I'm just worried that they don't want to start HJ because they're afraid that if HJ does great, that it COULD POSSIBLY lead to a decommitment from future-of-the-program, DW4-esque, natty-caliber Trevor Lawrence, because the increased possibility of warming the bench for 3 years behind HJ would be so unappealing. I hope I'm wrong and they start HJ. I just doubt they will.

There is a back-up plan, but....

Oct 25, 2017, 5:28 PM

doesn't look like the coaches want that option

at least right now.

That's a big chunk of it, but I still maintain...

Oct 26, 2017, 9:50 AM

... that as of now, it would help some to also start going for it on every 4th down past the opponents' 40 yard line. At least until we can count on making more than one out of every 3 FG's.

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic