Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Umpires
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,591

Umpires

Mar 2, 2019, 7:22 AM

I hope the supervisor of baseball officials was watch the game. The home plate umpire made the game all about him. I was taught as an umpire you should call a game and no one would know who you are. I’m other words, don’t make the game about you and this guy obviously did. He was terrible for both sides..hope he gets reprimanded and does not work the plate anymore...SMH

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Umpires

Mar 2, 2019, 7:50 AM

Watching the game on tv, the centerfield camera showed his strike zone to be almost 5 or 6 inches wide of the plate at times (mostly on the right side). Thankful we have the tv replay, because the called out at first on Meredith was pretty bad.

Re: Umpires

Mar 2, 2019, 8:10 AM

I would not be surprised if the home plate ump has a peripheral vision issue. Doesn’t the ACC require them to get regular medical exams?

The announcers kept saying,"He has been consistent on that

Mar 2, 2019, 9:34 AM

call all night. Maybe so...but a pitch that is straight down the inside line of the other batter's box is pretty much impossible to hit.

I never knew the batter’s box chalk lines...

Mar 2, 2019, 8:03 AM

Were the edges of the plate. Someone should tell our team that so we can adjust.

~JKB

Re: I never knew the batter’s box chalk lines...

Mar 2, 2019, 9:56 AM

They were consistently ..... bad!

The Tigers certainly didn’t make adjustments as the game went along. A lot of strikeouts at key times in the game.
It’s really hard to make these kind of adjustments if you are taught to hit strikes and I’m sure that is the case here.
Often times you hear announcers say that a batter should learn to foul off pitches like that but that’s not easy either. I played a lot of baseball in my youth and I never learned to intentionally foul a tough pitch off.

Today’s game will be better “umped” hopefully.

Hitting with two strikes . . .

Mar 2, 2019, 12:09 PM

Not going into my rant about hitting to the opposite field, choking up, shortening swing . . . let me drop one diamond on the table and it comes from the man who coached me for years:

He would say, "Skeeta, if it's close enough to be called a strike . . . it was close enough to swing at."

Simple enough . . . He couldn't stand backwards K's!!! . . . last night made his ashes roll over on Frank Howard Field!!!
Maybe today will be better Dad . . . Maybe today?!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,591
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic