Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ummm ... why exactly are the coots celebrating 1969 ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,143

Ummm ... why exactly are the coots celebrating 1969 ?

Aug 8, 2018, 1:05 PM

I was born Oct 1969, and I will be 49 this fall ... not 50.

A 49 year anniversary ? Really? Are they that desperate for something to celebrate ?

Dumb cluckers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ummm ... why exactly are the coots celebrating 1969 ?

Aug 8, 2018, 1:44 PM

They usually celebrate 69 in their parking lots.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2018, 3:55 PM

Or next to dumpsters

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same reason Japan celebrates the Russo-Japanese war of 1905

Aug 8, 2018, 1:51 PM

It's their last big win... :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2018, 2:09 PM

This is a program who hangs banners in the stadium commemorating 11 win seasons. Nothing they do should surprise anyone.

Right!!!

Aug 8, 2018, 2:45 PM

One of my best friends I'd a Dawg fan and we were talking about this the other day. We were actually wondering why the have high up banners starting a 5 year run on clemson and 3 on the Dawgs lol!!!! They are a silly bunch. Cant wi to see yall hang 50 on em week 2.

Re: Right!!!

Aug 8, 2018, 3:43 PM

To the extent the SC program has any validation at all, it comes from the 3 in a row over UGA and 5 in a row over Clemson. That's pretty much all they got and that ended years ago. Coot fans remind me all the time of the 2012 beatdown they gave the Dawgs or the 2010 win over Bama. That's how far they have to go back to find anything positive.

It's really pretty sad if you think about it............

Aug 8, 2018, 2:39 PM

only ONE conference title to celebrate in their whole history? That's their claim to fame?

But, of course, they celebrate everybody else's SEC title as though it's partly theirs.

This also explain why...

Aug 8, 2018, 3:16 PM

they have/had photos hanging in their "football operations building" of All-American who played at other schools for Lou Holtz, Steven Spurrier and CussChamp.

Not only are they relegated to celebrating the championships of other teams, they're riding the coattails of their All Americans too.

Just what every recruit wants to see when they visit your school. Photos of All American who played at Notre Dame, Florida, Texas and Auburn.

Those clowns are the epitome of sad and pathetic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: It's really pretty sad if you think about it............

Aug 8, 2018, 3:56 PM [ in reply to It's really pretty sad if you think about it............ ]

It’s even more sad when you consider that they didn’t even win because they were good. They won because the rest of the ACC was awful that year. No other ACC team finished above .500 and South Carolina went 1-4 in OOC games. The losses were by an average of 19 points.

Annual celebration of...

Aug 8, 2018, 3:39 PM

things that don't matter? I don't know, they can always come up with some excuse to say 'Wait until next year.'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were in Pigeon Forge the other week-end, and

Aug 8, 2018, 3:43 PM

we saw a bunch of UK people there. Just asked a few of them how much they loved playing the coots. 100% said they loved the "coattail riders"!!!!

Aug 8, 2018, 4:10 PM

The coots will spin anything in a positive manner. They will even try to positively spin a statement like ...
“ Gamecock football ~celebrating 126 years of being woodshedded! “ ( It just means more)

Aug 9, 2018, 7:32 AM

It's the beginning of a 3 year celebration of their only conference championship. There's talk of extending it to 5 years.

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,143
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic