Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has Watson had surgery?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Has Watson had surgery?

Dec 3, 2014, 11:34 PM

Nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No***

Dec 3, 2014, 11:44 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No***

Dec 4, 2014, 12:03 AM

I'm sure he won't play in the bowl game, do you know when surgery will be?

Re: No***

Dec 4, 2014, 12:19 AM

As of now he is playing. Subject to change. I believe they are going to play him.

Can't do surgery till the swelling goes down

Dec 4, 2014, 12:39 AM [ in reply to Re: No*** ]

that usually takes a few weeks

He will miss Spring practice

Dec 4, 2014, 12:21 AM

Rather he has surgery now or after Bowl, so he will most likely play in the bowl

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He will miss Spring practice

Dec 4, 2014, 12:26 AM

I dont agree with this. Watson is special and has a great NFL future ahead too. Dont risk the next two years and his future. Play your senior Stoudt or his backup, but dont play Watson. Yes Stoudt is low grade, but he played a lot better at the beginning of the year before teams started game planning against his weaknesses. Maybe with a month of practice he can come out and win the bowl game for you.

Dec 4, 2014, 7:13 AM

Dr's have cleared him. Tampa Jacket you should just be thankful he tripped against GT.
That changed that entire game.

Dec 4, 2014, 7:49 AM [ in reply to Re: He will miss Spring practice ]

> Yes Stoudt is low
> grade, but he played a lot better at the beginning of
> the year before teams started game planning against
> his weaknesses.

Huh? How do you game plan around Stoudt? Tell your DB's to to be ready to play catch?

uh, no thanks***

Dec 4, 2014, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: He will miss Spring practice ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Dec 4, 2014, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: He will miss Spring practice ]

It's been made very clear that he can not do anymore damage to his knee by playing in the Bowl game.Players have played entire seasons with torn ACL's. Tajh Boyd being a good example his Senior year of high school. So no worries about his future and let's go win our Bowl game!! :)

Deshaun is walking fine

Dec 4, 2014, 12:35 AM

Saw Deshaun today. He's walking perfectly fine and honestly I would never guess he was injured by looking at him. Maybe he really is one of those guys like Elway or Hines Ward where they just don't need an ACL to play.

Everybody walks fine with a torn ACL

Dec 4, 2014, 12:41 AM

the ACL supports lateral movement, so unless you saw him pull a juke move to get around someone in a crowded hallway, him walking fine is not indicative of whether or not he needs surgery.

Re: Everybody walks fine with a torn ACL

Dec 4, 2014, 5:53 AM

Please stop. That couldnt be more wrong.

Everyone person reacts different to an ACL injury...

Dec 4, 2014, 6:55 AM

When I tore mine in high school, the doctor told me there are 3 types of people after ACL injuries; those that have excruciating pain regardless and can't walk, those that have a fair amount of pain, but can at least walk, and those that have no pain at all while walking and it's like it never happened. I happened to be in the middle of the bunch, and could walk but had notiecable pain in my knee. So, that being said, you couldn't be more wrong.... I could walk just fine, but with pain.

You are the wrong one. I tore mine and other than the

Dec 4, 2014, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Everybody walks fine with a torn ACL ]

initial event, never any pain.

Worked out and did whatever for 3 months - never any pain.

The only way I knew something was wrong was occassionally it would give out under me - when dancing, running, etc.

Finally had it looked at - torn ACL - had it replaced with a cadaver piece 3 weeks later. 7 months of sucky rehab later - good as new.

You can apologize now, know it all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

categorical evidence is not absolute

Dec 4, 2014, 8:12 AM

You may have walked fine but that dOes not mean everyone with torn acl dOes.

Key wOrd in this piS$ing contest is everyone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Umm... you talking to me?!

Dec 4, 2014, 8:53 AM [ in reply to You are the wrong one. I tore mine and other than the ]

Isn't that pretty much what I said? That I could walk without any issues but had some pain and that everyone reacts differently to it?! I could walk fine, but w pain. The most pain was at the time of the incident.

Re: Umm... you talking to me?!

Dec 5, 2014, 3:16 AM

Geez, calm down. I was referring to the ACL being responsible for "side to side" motion. Thats the MCL and LCL. ACL is more for front back shearing type motions, which twisting sometimes helps tear, but what he said was wrong.

Re: Deshaun is walking fine

Dec 4, 2014, 3:37 AM [ in reply to Deshaun is walking fine ]

I tore mine and walked on it fine. I thought nothing of it until one day I was running around a car and it and my upper body went one way while my lower leg stayed put. Needless to say I went to the ground. Got an MRI the next week which revealed my torn ACL. I had no pain at all, besides the day that I tore it while skiing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. but he better stay clear of Columbia.

Dec 4, 2014, 7:34 AM

Those guys seem to have an acl fetish. He might wake up in a bathtub of ice without his acl.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Yes. They just removed his foot from Scar's ####***

Dec 4, 2014, 8:13 AM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic