Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chad missed the opportunity to cash in and get a major job
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Chad missed the opportunity to cash in and get a major job

Jan 17, 2014, 5:46 PM

This year was his chance. Major jobs open, Malzahn catches lightning in a bottle, Taj and Sammy and the boys make him a house-hold name, etc. etc. Next year will be rebuilding. There is no doubt in my mind that defenses will catch up with these offenses, it goes in cycles. The fact that he was never seriously considered for any job means he's here for as long as Dabo wants him, which is good for us. Maybe he's Dabo's coach in waiting, which I would not support, but could be the case. Of course there is the fact that Dabo has not been considered for ANY job other than the one he has. That is good, I guess. We have what we have. Problem is FSU is back, Miami is almost back, Louisville is in and things are going to get difficult. We'll see.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chad missed the opportunity to cash in and get a major job

Jan 17, 2014, 5:50 PM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Well played!***

Jan 17, 2014, 6:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Recognize Monroenc in that picture. Cackling right along.***

Jan 17, 2014, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Chad missed the opportunity to cash in and get a major job ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhm, yea, pretty sure he was seriously considered

Jan 17, 2014, 5:50 PM

Looks like he came in second for a Vandy job that had several interviews. Not sure you could be any more seriously considered without actually landing the job. Also, I'm sorry attending school in Columbia gave you such a negative view of the world. It's not all homeless bums peeing on your leg on the way to class Mlm.

Re: Uhm, yea, pretty sure he was seriously considered

Jan 17, 2014, 5:54 PM

I'm so sorry. What have I said that's not true? I'm cool with him staying. That's good. But what I said is the likely scenario. Sorry if that makes me a coot.

I attempted to explain why what you said wasn't true

Jan 17, 2014, 5:59 PM

You may not be smart enough to understand that coming in second for a job means you were considered for the position, but that doesn't change the fact that he was considered. Also, you do realize that Louisville just lost their coach, their Q.B., and their Miami talent pipeline . Again, I'm sorry your stay in Columbia jaded you to the point of being a complete pessimist, but I understand that random shootings in your schools entertainment district can scar (heheh, get it) anyone.

Jan 17, 2014, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Uhm, yea, pretty sure he was seriously considered ]

Some body bring the crash cart, his pulse is a sign of a heart attack!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2014, 2:13 AM [ in reply to Uhm, yea, pretty sure he was seriously considered ]

Actually, Morris was at best their 3rd choice. Job was offered to Pep Hamilton, who turned it down to stay with the Colts. It was then offered to Mason.

Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall actually ever seeing a verified report that Morris even interviewed for the job.

It's so bad around Clemson making a paltry 1.2 mil. So sad.***

Jan 17, 2014, 5:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's so bad around Clemson making a paltry 1.2 mil. So sad.***

Jan 17, 2014, 6:53 PM

That's chicken feed;)

Reloading not rebuilding,sorry to disappoint you.***

Jan 17, 2014, 5:54 PM

Good grief...***

Jan 17, 2014, 5:55 PM

Jan 17, 2014, 5:59 PM

The Friday trolls are out.

Re: Yep, all their predictions went awry. Now, they have

Jan 17, 2014, 6:06 PM

been forced to take another angle.

Re: Naive, it doesn't always work that way***

Jan 17, 2014, 6:12 PM

Jan 17, 2014, 6:25 PM

Oh yeah look out!! The Orange Bowl Champs are in for it! What a ridiculous post! Maybe Chad doesn't want to play in front of 30,000 fans and facilities that aren't as nice. ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Jan 17, 2014, 6:47 PM

This year might have been his chance,but if you are not are offered a position as a H.C.what are you expecting Chad to do;put a gun to somebodies head.
It's like the argument that went around last year about expansion,and why Clemson should have left the ACC for the SEC/Big 12.
Problem was they were never "really" asked to join another conference,and without that invitation,you don't go anywhere.Neither you or I know if Morris was ever "really" offered the Vandy job,or the Texas job,or the H.C. job at his daughters highschool.
But since he appraerntly was not offered any H.C. job,he is better off staying here.
Another thing,why would you consider Chad as Dabo's coach in waiting,or for that matter what has Dabo really accompolished that would make him a head coaching candiate an another major university.I guess you could make the same argument about Charlie Strong going to Texas,but apparently they thought more of him than Dabo.
Another point.Any head coaching job in any league is going to be diffucult.The new coach at Vandy will have problems.Even Bobby Petrion returning to Louisville will have to rebuild that program.
Yes,things are going to be diffucult,but at least we don't have to face FSU's former defensive coordinator:The coots do however.

Jan 17, 2014, 7:08 PM

Clemson should have left the acc when the acc conference schools had a private meeting voting us an extra year of probation. We should have hit the door so quick that the door wouldn't have had a chance to hit us in the A$S on the way out. Them chit eating basterds!!!

Re: Wasn't Swofford the ring leader when he was at UNC ?***

Jan 17, 2014, 8:02 PM

Re: Wasn't Swofford the ring leader when he was at UNC ?***

Jan 17, 2014, 8:19 PM

yes he absolutely was!!we should lead the way to give UNC more this time!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2014, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Chad missed the opportunity to cash in and get a major job ]

who you mad at bro? stay classy, you are a tiger remember? people hate the sec, we don't want to be in that group, remember.

Chickens have small brains.***

Jan 17, 2014, 6:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which are located in close proximity to their prostate

Jan 17, 2014, 8:30 PM

And that goes for female coots as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Urban Meyers tried to get Morris after his 1st season***

Jan 17, 2014, 7:59 PM

Coach in waiting? Isn't Dabo like 34 years old?***

Jan 17, 2014, 9:36 PM

Who is this dumbarse? Did mcdonalds cancel work today?

Jan 17, 2014, 10:04 PM

So all the coots are on tigernet out of lack of a better thing to do?

Another dumb coot.***

Jan 17, 2014, 10:57 PM

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic