Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting/Deon Cain and Ray Ray and other tidbits
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Recruiting/Deon Cain and Ray Ray and other tidbits

Jan 26, 2015, 10:36 AM

Ok, I worked the phones until after midnight last week and the hope is we will have a Ray Ray story here in a bit. I texted both Deon and Ray Ray, and Deon (a man of few words) told me it was a great visit and I asked if he had a few words for the Clemson fan base..I got back "We Too Deep."

Same thing with McCloud, who rode with Deon and Deon's mother. The group actually left early Sunday morning and stopped off to see Deon's brother who is enrolled at Florida. They arrived back home late last night, and I am following up with them today.

*On to this coming weekend - this is going to be a big Junior Day, and I got a text from Travien Feaster's camp last night that he is likely to come into town. From what I was told, he has seen everything there is to see, so if he does come into town I will keep an eye out for a commitment. I haven't been told anything, but it bears watching IMO. There are some other BIG names coming in as well.

*I've been texting back and forth with 2016 OL Parker Boudreaux, who was a constant presence at Clemson's bowl practices. We will have a story on him at some point this week, and I've got to believe Clemson is the leader with this kid. He told me he loved being around the team during the practice sessions and watching line coach Robbie Caldwell work.

*A lot of people have been asking me if I think we will have a signing day surprise. Not for this cycle....things could change and I know El Swann has talked about a flip but I don't see. I know the Clemson coaches have zeroed in on Summerville OL Zack Bailey, but a good friend of mine covers recruiting for South Carolina and told me that the Gamecock coaches were "almost 100 percent" Bailey winds up at South Carolina. As for Denzel Johnson, I've been told grades are an issue and we are just in wait and see mode.

You got questions...feel free to email me

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks dhood.***

Jan 26, 2015, 10:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: thanks dhood.***

Jan 26, 2015, 11:38 AM

yes.. sure appreciate this post!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: thanks dhood.***

Jan 26, 2015, 3:30 PM

Clemson has it going on!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just going to post about this... Thanks.***

Jan 26, 2015, 10:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love the "We too deep" mantra .... Just sayin'***

Jan 26, 2015, 10:40 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great stuff!***

Jan 26, 2015, 10:59 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Can I fax you a list of questions instead?

Jan 26, 2015, 11:01 AM

TIA

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Re: Can I fax you a list of questions instead? U fax to

Jan 26, 2015, 11:14 AM

Patty at the Peach Bowl and she forwards them. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh boy, do you think Nikki might get jelly?***

Jan 26, 2015, 11:17 AM

I will send my question by way of the US Postal Service.

Jan 26, 2015, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Can I fax you a list of questions instead? ]

David HoodSteele should receive them sometime this spring.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Zack Bailey is the possible flip

Jan 26, 2015, 11:02 AM

Our chances go up if Pellage defects to UF

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I don't think so. Clemson doesn't have his major

Jan 26, 2015, 11:16 AM

And he said that education is huge for him

Clemson offers a Criminal Justice emphasis....

Jan 26, 2015, 11:31 AM

as part of its Sociology deree program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I don't think so. Clemson doesn't have his major

Jan 26, 2015, 4:31 PM [ in reply to I don't think so. Clemson doesn't have his major ]

If education was HUGE for him, he wouldn't have chose USuC.

This. Emphasis on education and USuCk don't go together.***

Jan 26, 2015, 4:36 PM

Re: Zack Bailey is the possible flip

Jan 26, 2015, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Zack Bailey is the possible flip ]

no way!!!!!!!!!!!! he is doubledipped c$$t

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh oh...

Jan 26, 2015, 11:03 AM

@Tgrlvr1989 will not like a recruit texting you to say "We Too Deep" as his skin will start crawling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Uh oh...

Jan 26, 2015, 11:31 AM

I've heard that a little cortisone can fix that......;)

We Too Deep h8ers ain't gonna like this***

Jan 26, 2015, 11:03 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, on that front I heard over the weekend that things have

Jan 26, 2015, 11:20 AM

indeed cooled. It sounds like Clemson has everything squared away. At this point it would appear all is set for next week. I no longer expect a surprise, which has be disappointing for some as it is for me as well.

However, could you put it past this staff if they pulled something off? I certainly wouldn't.

Hey @davidhood embrace the new feature of T-Net - Tagging people in posts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And here I was hoping for a recruiting insider battle royal

Jan 26, 2015, 11:21 AM

oh well, made all this popcorn for nothing it appears

:)

Not at this point. I would agree with David's assessments.

Jan 26, 2015, 11:27 AM

There was some significant buzz about two weeks ago. It got quiet and sometimes that's a good thing, but over the weekend I got word that things had cooled. I hate to label anything with recruiting as "done"....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not at this point. I would agree with David's assessments.

Jan 26, 2015, 11:52 AM

I think it being "done" is an accurate label.

We usually hear ALOT of chatter around this time frame before signing day and everything is very very quiet, and to be honest, I like it. I am very impressed with this class and the work that coaches put in to it. I am sure they are looking forward to getting those faxes and relaxing for a little bit. Only surprises that I could see left in this class is a only a flip TO Clemson and not from. This post is great news for us...even better after those LOIs start rolling in.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 26, 2015, 12:13 PM

I don't think there's even anybody that they're pushing to flip, with the very slim shot at Mr. Bailey. To be honest, an interior offensive lineman is THE ONLY thing missing from this class. There's no high end pure RB, but we have a great kid targeted for next season and a decent 5 deep already on campus. OG and/or C would be a good pick up.

Jan 26, 2015, 12:16 PM

Agreed.

I think we will address those needs in the 16' class. Locking in Feaster would set us up at RB for a good while...TEs are locked, WRs are locked....It probably wouldnt hurt to put a little bit of emphasis on QB as DW4 will be a soph and getting closer to leaving...but thats only if the staff feels the ones we have coming in arent a viable replacement...

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 26, 2015, 12:27 PM

We already have a highly rated QB coming in for the '16 class in Zerrick Cooper. Not sure if he's quite Deshaun caliber, but similar style of play

If the Tiger coaches are going to flip a guy, they

Jan 26, 2015, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Not at this point. I would agree with David's assessments. ]

will certainly be very quiet about it at this time of year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the Tiger coaches are going to flip a guy, they

Jan 26, 2015, 4:34 PM

I know?

I don't think it was ever mentioned that they broadcast their intended committed targets

Jan 26, 2015, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Not at this point. I would agree with David's assessments. ]

@El Swann(R) will you let us know who the possible flip was after signing day (assuming there will not be a flip)?

Jan 26, 2015, 1:23 PM

He did said it was bailey.

Re: Yep, on that front I heard over the weekend that things have

Jan 26, 2015, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Yep, on that front I heard over the weekend that things have ]

Fields silent commit didn't leak out over 24 hours. Hopefully there is another on ice!!!

Re: Recruiting/Deon Cain and Ray Ray and other tidbits

Jan 26, 2015, 12:26 PM

Just wondering if you think we have a shot at the 2016 DT out of winston salem...i think he is a 5star?...du you know who leads?

Do you think we sign Tavien Feaster?***

Jan 26, 2015, 3:22 PM

Sorry, I didn't read that right!

Jan 26, 2015, 3:27 PM

Anyway, I hope Mr. Feaster signs with us!

Re: Recruiting/Deon Cain and Ray Ray and other tidbits

Jan 26, 2015, 5:04 PM

So you are saying they visited UF after the official at Clemson? :)

Thanks - good stuff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Driving from Tampa to SC requires you to drive through Gainesville.

Jan 26, 2015, 5:50 PM

Might as well stop to say what's up while passing through, since it's over a 3 hr drive there from Tampa.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic