Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ugh now has a heck of a problem - after fields decision
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Ugh now has a heck of a problem - after fields decision

Feb 8, 2019, 7:37 PM

the NCAA should only allow players to transfer without a year delay - when there is a compelling reason - such as ill family , maybe a new head coach like Paul Johnson when you were a pocket passer, etc.
Of course Clemson was lied to this past year with a fake illness case - but that is beside the point.

So, it appears that Fields pulled the race card.
So, UGA now will have the stigma of minority players being uncomfortable there. How will they defend this?

Interesting to see how they spin this. The number 1 recruit in the country felt uncomfortable playing for the dogs.
Interesting indeed.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ugh now has a heck of a problem - after fields decision

Feb 8, 2019, 7:42 PM

He didn't "pull the race card" he has legitimate and documented evidence with many witnesses that resulted in the student-athlete being kicked out of school and off the team after the school opened a full investigation to the report.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2019, 8:33 PM

Good point. I was not trying to judge his reasoning as much as I was the problem that uga has.

I am not in his shoes. Strange that his sister goes there and he leaves.

From an outsiders perspective, it appeared that he left due to having to be backup at least another year.

I stand corrected.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2019, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Ugh now has a heck of a problem - after fields decision ]

Exactly, the school handled it. The offender was kicked out of college. Exactly what more was expected because of that incident. Yet he used the incident that was handled as the reason he should be allowed to walk away with no restrictions

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Feb 8, 2019, 10:24 PM

Yeah the school handled it. So why transfer? If you transfer why should something handled get him a waiver from sitting a year. If this is how the rule is dealt with just eliminate it and let anyone transfer because effectively that is what t nowhey are doing in the cases

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2019, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Ugh now has a heck of a problem - after fields decision ]

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWSRXsuoqbWa2UFVy6tbpEwhIkxZq6QuK8YajaVUJ6011NxPqN

Feb 8, 2019, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Ugh now has a heck of a problem - after fields decision ]

For the Record the School took immediate and decisive corrective action and kicked the kid who said the slur off the Baseball team, took his scholarship making him effectively withdraw from school. It happened but that doesn't mean that UGA is a "Racially Hostile Environment" which is what the charge was presented to the NCAA by Fields Lawyers. Put 80k people in one place and there are going to be haters but the school is unfairly portrayed and Fields if being unjustly rewarded. If I called Hunter Johnson a Cracker should he have been immediately eligible at Northwestern? It's Race Baiting plain and simple. Shameful...

Feb 8, 2019, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Ugh now has a heck of a problem - after fields decision ]

Fields transferred because Fromm will most likely be there next year and maybe the year after. That and he know he whiffed his first year at UGA. He just wasn't good and I doubt he will ever be that good.

Feb 9, 2019, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Ugh now has a heck of a problem - after fields decision ]

I respectfully DISAGREE with you. IMO, the Race Card was indeed used in this case, and the NCAA chose not to fight it. Maybe you just do not recognize the Race Card like some of us that have had to fight that for 40 years.

Feb 8, 2019, 7:46 PM

Seth is correct, however clemz makes a good point too. Either way it’s not a good look for uga. I’m sorry, anything that puts uga in a bad light is fine with me. Just as it would be if they never won another game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2019, 7:56 PM

I'm not bothered by UGA getting a negative light by any means neither.

Feb 8, 2019, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Ugh now has a heck of a problem - after fields decision ]

Great moderation by @kerigantoo

Plus 1.

Way to play nice guys!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They had more of a problem before he transferred.***

Feb 8, 2019, 8:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What up 88?

Feb 8, 2019, 8:12 PM

Do they know you dance with the devil over in this neck of the woods?

Do you even care? Of course not! That’s why I love you homie!

It’s hard in the eyes of the public to both “not pay the players” and

Feb 8, 2019, 8:10 PM

Control where they go when they choose to leave.

The NCAA is being pushed into giving the athletes more freedom. (To a certain extent they should.)

I’m not sure where I stand on the matter but I can understand why the NCAA did what they had to do.

Fields and his attorneys played the race card...

Feb 8, 2019, 8:44 PM

and the NCAA simply didn't want to face the firestorm of negative publicity and lawsuits that would have surely followed had they refused to grant the waiver.

The NCAA simply took the easy and politically correct way out.

Nothing more...nothing less !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yeah politics are definitely at play here.

Feb 8, 2019, 8:54 PM

I feel like you and I said the same thing, but you said it with many more exclamation points. For that, you deserve a point bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

According to the ESPN article

Feb 8, 2019, 9:44 PM

"The NCAA adjusted its policy last spring to make it easier for transferring athletes to find an immediate path to the playing field. The new rules state that a player can be granted a waiver to play right away if he can show "documented mitigation circumstances" that the change of schools was made to better impact his "health, safety and well-being."

So without seeing the specific transfer paperwork filed by Fields with the NCAA through his lawyer (Tom Mars - same guy who got six former Ole Miss players that transferred immediate eligibility this past season) we can only guess as to what he used to meet the criteria above. Most suspect it was the racial slur incident which beckons the question: Was Fields affected so badly from the racial slur incident (where the offending jerk was dismissed from UGA) that he needed to transfer to ensure his "health, safety, and well-being"? I'm sure his lawyer made it sound that way and the fact that Fields was transferring to Ohio State, who has a history of favorable treatment from the NCAA, doesn't hurt either.

From the article:
"Fields declined to go into detail about the specifics of the case made to the NCAA. He said Friday that speculation and his story "took on a life of its own" over the past month.

"My overall experience at UGA was fully consistent with UGA's commitment to diversity and inclusion," Fields said. "My sister is a softball player at UGA. I am still close friends with many of my UGA teammates. A part of me will always be a Georgia Bulldogs fan."

Fields said he didn't plan to discuss his transfer any further in the future."

Me thinks the main reason Fields transferred is that he didn't want to ride the pine behind Fromm for another couple of years. I just hate that guys like Hunter Johnson, who don't try to skirt the rules have to sit out a year while a primadonna like Fields lawyers up and can play immediately. I don't wish the kid ill health, but I will take great joy if both Fields and Ohio State struggle next year. In fact, I hope they lose a lot...

ESPN Article:
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25953943/ncaa-grants-waiver-allowing-qb-justin-fields-play-ohio-state-buckeyes-2019

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: According to the ESPN article

Feb 10, 2019, 12:01 AM

I hope Hunter Johnson wins every game he plays and Justin Fields and Ohio State lose every game.
Just like the baby crap Belk pulled to go to the dirt peckers. I hope he never excells and of course I always pull against the UoSuC

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

LMAO

Feb 9, 2019, 6:54 AM

More about who got more $$$$$$
OSU or UGA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic