Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UVA is underrated and under ranked, warning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

UVA is underrated and under ranked, warning

Dec 3, 2019, 10:52 PM

They will give us a game. They are the best team we will have faced this year. Perkins will dink and dunk and slip away a lot. They will force Trevor, Etienne and O to be very patient. Because the writers and sports world disrespect the ACC, this may come across as us having a harder time than expected with an easy opponent. They are and will not be easy. It may take 3 quarters, maybe 4 for their lack of depth vs. our depth and superior talent to kick in. UVA will make us wait on it though. I hope I’m wrong but we will pull way after the 3rd quarter and not before. Strap in!!! It’s going to be a ride.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe***

Dec 3, 2019, 10:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UVA is underrated and under ranked, warning

Dec 3, 2019, 10:58 PM

I’m gonna go with my instinct on this one hashbrown. Ain’t skeeerd.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree.

Dec 3, 2019, 11:03 PM

This will be a talented and well-coached team. They will have a good plan and will be playing at peak intensity. They will play hard. I actually hope they play well and test us. Let's see what we do if challenged. I think we want and need a team to truly push us.. and help us prepare for what's ahead.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We will win by 30***

Dec 3, 2019, 11:03 PM

Dec 3, 2019, 11:07 PM

Thanks for the warning. ??
Beat the hoos a$$

Go Tigers...........

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Dec 3, 2019, 11:15 PM

If Virginia played So Carolina's schedule they would be 7-5 at best and probably 4-8 just like the Chickens.

Loss
Georgia
Florida
Alabama
Clemson
TAM

Toss Up
Kentucky
App St
Tennessee (today's team at the end of the season)

Wins
Vandy
Missouri (maybe, may lose on the road)
UNC (Tar Heels were 6 yards away from winning/tying)
Chas So.

Dec 3, 2019, 11:29 PM

They beat Usuck 28-0 so please don't go comparing them to the Coots. They lost to ND by only 15 points while turning the ball over 5 times to NDs 0. They could give Florida and A&M a dang good game and could win.

Ha!....

Dec 4, 2019, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: UVA is underrated and under ranked, warning ]

UVA would boat race SCAR again and would have toss up games with UGA and Florida.
They would beat Texas A&M like everyone else with a pulse did.
Nice try in attempting to elevate SCAR though.

Dec 4, 2019, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: UVA is underrated and under ranked, warning ]

IMG_5812.gif

Saw this in a post earlier this morning and thought it was great. Have been using it all day so it may as well be used here too.

Dec 4, 2019, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: UVA is underrated and under ranked, warning ]

Why can’t SCAR fans keep their mouth shut. Seriously! What do you have to say. If I were them I wouldn’t say a word about college football until next August. You are 4-8 and not going bowling. 0-6 against their rival. You have lost to two ACC besides Clemson in a row. So your opinion on how strong or weak our conference is worthless garbage. Just shut up. Worry about getting over .500 next season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2019, 11:16 PM

They’re a pretty good team, but ranked about where they should be IMO. They have a 15 point loss to ND, an 8 point loss to a 6-6 Miami team, and a 7 point loss to a 7-5 Louisville team that just got destroyed by Kentucky.

Just a few weeks ago they struggled against GT and only won that game 33-28. They also have an 11 point win over Old Dominion.

I’m not sure what about that would suggest that they’re underrated.

Dec 3, 2019, 11:26 PM

Everything you stated are facts as to why the OP is way off. UVA get’s run out.

Dec 3, 2019, 11:20 PM

Not saying UVA is not good, but thinking they're a bit like L-ville was with Lamar Jackson. Good players & all, but Jackson was 1/3 to 1/2 of their team.

Seems like our D can stop one guy - the key dude - Perkins.

If we stopped Jackson, can't envision that we can't stop Perkins with the D we have now.

Dec 3, 2019, 11:29 PM

So when did our D stop LJ? Pretty sure he had over 400 yards against us lol.

Dec 4, 2019, 1:04 PM

I think he was referring to 2017 Louisville.

2016 Louisville actually had some pretty strong talent around Lamar.

This UVA team probably has a little stronger defense than the 2017 UL team, but their offense works in a very similar way in that it's been a complete one man show.

In 2017 Lamar was completely shut down for 3 quarters and then acquired some stats after the game was well in hand in the 4th quarter.

Stopped him from beating us.***

Dec 4, 2019, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: UVA is underrated and under ranked, warning ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2019, 11:30 PM [ in reply to Re: UVA is underrated and under ranked, warning ]

obviously you were not watching the 2016 Louisville game. We may have slowed Jackson down some, but he was still going strong in the forth quarter. That was a tough game. Perkins has a long way to go to be in Jackson's territory.

Over by mid 2nd Quarter***

Dec 3, 2019, 11:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2019, 11:49 PM

Yes, UVa is well-coached with a handful of great athletes. They are tough and balanced on D. They have a great athlete at QB.

But frankly, VaTech would have been a harder out than the Hoos. Venables will scheme to shut down Perkins as a runner and force the very average skill players to beat us. They won't. And Perkins is nowhere near DW or Lamar level, where they can make the plays even though you schemed against them.

Their D lost some depth during the season, but their starting unit may give us some trouble. They finished the game vs VaTech with 4 sacks from 4 different players in the last 2 minutes.

Not worried. Unless the game is played in a fogbank or monsoon, or we turn it over 5 times and drop a punt without kicking it, we win by at least 3 TDs.

Dec 3, 2019, 11:58 PM

LOL more than likely they will not even score a TD. A one man show will not work vs an elite D.
Clemson-45
UVA-6

Dec 4, 2019, 12:02 AM

Keep Simmons spying on Perkins all game and it will get ugly for The WHOOS!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2019, 8:37 AM

I could be wrong (probably am), but I think CBV has Simmons as the spy on Perkins. Perkins is the ONLY guy that can really keep UVA in the game. Muse might be in the mix too. If we stop Perkins enough to prevent those 3rd-and-long plays that he makes, then game over by halftime.

Dec 4, 2019, 12:14 PM

I could be wrong (probably am), but I think CBV has Simmons as the spy on Perkins. Perkins is the ONLY guy that can really keep UVA in the game. Muse might be in the mix too. If we stop Perkins enough to prevent those 3rd-and-long plays that he makes, then game over by halftime.

The fun part about watching a Venables coached team is: yes, there will be a spy... but it will change so much that you never know who it will be.

Above average defense, but a very average 1-man offense

Dec 4, 2019, 8:42 AM

Virginia will struggle to move the ball on us. I think this one is fairly similar to the SC game except we win something like 38-13 instead of 38-3.

Dec 4, 2019, 8:58 AM

Unlikely. UVA's missing 3 starting secondary players and while solid in the front 7 don't have the depth to hold up over time.

Their OL is also very porous and they don't have the skill position players to seriously stress our back 7. It'll take a game for the ages from Perkins to make it a close game. We're a bad matchup for UVA. Yeah Perkins ran well against VT, but they don't have Isaiah Simmons spying him.

Funny.***

Dec 4, 2019, 9:12 AM

Dec 4, 2019, 11:56 AM

Not really. Virginia lost to Notre Dame, Miami, and Louisville. Their best wins are Virginia Tech (8-4), Pittsburg (7-5), and UNC (6-6). Bryce Perkins is an athlete, but he won't be able to challenge us in the passing game. Venables will force him to beat us with his arm. Their WRs aren't really a threat to AJ Terrell and DK. Their defense is pretty good, but without Bryce Hall, their secondary just doesn't match up against our WRs. I can't see this being a close game.

Clemson 42-10

Yeah, no.

Dec 4, 2019, 12:05 PM

UVa's defense will be exhaused by halftime. We'll score three TDs in the second quarter after the two we score in the first. The UVa fans won't return after halftime.

Final score will be 50+ Clemson and mid to high teens UVa because UVa will score when Dabo plays the entire roster.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2019, 12:11 PM

No, over-ranked

Bronco & Co is upcoaching this team about 20 spots. They are about a 40th level team given a few spots. With the exception of Duke, they really have not blown anyone out. A top 25 team should blow out other ACC teams They are a good team than is well coached but they just do not have the talent and depth to be a real top 25 contender. They are more like Kentucky but Kentucky blew out Loserville. A&M or USoCal or even Michigan should beat UVA easily.

Still, this was good enough in the ACC coastal so give Bronco credit.

OP is right you know, I can think of

Dec 4, 2019, 12:15 PM

countless times where the fans were looking ahead and it cost us a game. WE GOTTA FOCUS PEOPLE!!

just kidding, we will kill UVA, how are they going to score more than 10 points? I mean seriously.. wanna put some money on it?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They will not be able to cover our receivers. Game over.*

Dec 4, 2019, 12:20 PM

nm

Only Way It's close is CU plays it's C-game. vs UVA A-game

Dec 4, 2019, 12:36 PM

They coming and are a good team! 9 wins is big. Their offense alone will not enable them to stay on the field with the Tigers. Even against average defenses they sometimes get bogged down and put in neutral. They win games b/c Perkins has the ability to pull a rabbit out of his X*% and generate unscripted offense when they need it.
And, their defense usually does a good job of keeping the score close so the offense can do "just enough"!
They have a different type of thing to contend with in Clemson!

They won't be able to give us something and take something else away because we will take it and have the ability to exploit it. We also have an attacking defense that won't just wait for you to miss passes; but will force misses!

If we don't show up with the right mindset as a team it's possible b/c as I said, UVA is a good football team. But, not good enough to seriously challenge the Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wake Forest Part 2***

Dec 4, 2019, 1:01 PM

Dec 4, 2019, 1:21 PM

Off-days and upsets are always on the table. Anything can happen. That said, the only single-threat offense to ever give Venables any trouble was Louisville in 2016, and that required 5 Clemson turnovers and Lamar Jackson to be a close game. This team isn't going to turn it over 5 times, and Bryce Perkins isn't Lamar Jackson.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic