Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UT Coaching Search claims another victim
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

UT Coaching Search claims another victim

May 2, 2018, 7:01 PM

The letter diesn't mention it but in Knoxville, the common theary is it is the botched coaching search.
The letter is quite intense ..
https://twitter.com/essoclub2/status/991781039784816641?s=21

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UT Coaching Search claims another victim

May 2, 2018, 7:15 PM

What will her lawyer(s) say ?

You know that litigation is imminent , the letter is basically an ink-pen evisceration . Truthful or completely false , that was harsh . If the gal ever intends to seek this type of work again she'd be a fool not to cry foul and attempt to call bull on her termination letter's claims .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 2, 2018, 8:34 PM

Like many here, I have been a part of a number of organizational meltdowns.

The letter to her read disturbingly like many criticisms I have seen/read when the person at the top is protecting his/her position. The complaints were not so much about what she did but how she did them. The "we basically don't like the way you talk to us" message was loud and clear. Know what? When a system is broken the sane person in the room doesn't sound good. And if that person doesn't happen to have the communication skills of Mark Twain, that is what is used to fire them. Seen it serveral times. The letter to her sounded just like that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agents/lawyers love this type of smoking gun

May 3, 2018, 7:05 AM [ in reply to Re: UT Coaching Search claims another victim ]

UT will end up setting unless the board wants even more bad press

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2018, 7:18 PM

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but it seems he didnt think she did a very good job. Wow.
Now, who hired her? This type of poor job performance typically doesnt just happen in someone with a good track record.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2018, 7:31 PM

Macrotiger said:

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but it seems he didnt think she did a very good job. Wow.
Now, who hired her? This type of poor job performance typically doesnt just happen in someone with a good track record.

That’s the crazy part , if the letter is to be believed ; the guy that fired her ...hired her. It doesn’t say much for his ability to hire at that level. At the very end of it he says, “ I know that this is not what you or I wanted when I hired you “. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In other words

May 2, 2018, 7:43 PM

The af...never mind. It never happened, did it? It wasn't personal, was it.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2018, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: UT Coaching Search claims another victim ]

The person who hired/fired her is the same one moving a poor communicator into the Communications Department to instruct students on how to communicate.

That was probably stipulated in her contract***

May 2, 2018, 9:02 PM

May 2, 2018, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Re: UT Coaching Search claims another victim ]

Yeah .... That struck me as being funny!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2018, 9:32 PM

She should probably just tweet out an accusation that he made a suggestive comment to her and add a hashtag and a METOO. That should at least double the payout.

My question is...

May 3, 2018, 7:02 AM

why does the guy who fired her still have a job since she is the fourth one in this position thst he has hired, then had to fire? Seems like the common denominator in all these screw-ups is him!

Only in a government position can you

May 3, 2018, 7:41 AM

be fired for communications skills and still make over $1 million being a tenured professor in a communication department. Unreal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic