Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
USC or UGA?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

USC or UGA?

Aug 8, 2018, 10:24 PM

Which one losing benefits us the most?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Re: USC or UGA?

Aug 8, 2018, 10:34 PM

UGA. Nobody around here cares about the Trojans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well played.***

Aug 8, 2018, 10:42 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very nice!***

Aug 9, 2018, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Re: USC or UGA? ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2018, 11:49 PM

We won't benefit either way. A loss to the coots won't derail UGA's recruiting momentum.

Maybe they get by Bama and then we can spay 'em....***

Aug 9, 2018, 12:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2018, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: USC or UGA? ]

I just think of it this way

Aug 9, 2018, 7:20 AM

If SCar wins that game and it ends up being UGA's only loss of the season, you know Clemson fans will never, ever hear the end of it--especially if UGA happens to beat us in a playoff game. That reason *alone* is enough to give preference to UGA.

There is one and only one reason ever to root for SCar, and that is if it has a direct, immediate, tangible benefit to Clemson. For example if them beating UGA definitively knocked UGA out of a playoff spot ahead of us, then it might be okay. But they play so early in the season that there's no direct benefit to SCar beating UGA--it's indirect at best.

My worst nightmare is having to root for SCar to win an SECCG in order to keep an SEC-West opponent from securing a playoff spot that would otherwise bump Clemson out.

My goodness, man the eff up!

Aug 9, 2018, 8:28 AM

I don't care if USuCk beats UGAy or not, they have to play us at the end of the season and we will beat them by at least 30 for our 5th win in a row against the inbreds. So you really think we won't hear the end of it about them beating UGAy? Really?

Secondly, UGAy is not making the playoffs, especially if they lose to USuCk. But by some miracle they do, we ain't losing to them.

Finally, there's no need to root for anyone other than Clemson. Doing so does not affect the outcome of the game. So if rooting for USuCk to win an SECCG is your worst nightmare (which my worst nightmare is something tragic happening to my family, but to each his own I guess if a USuCk game is more important to you), then this advice should eliminate that for you.

Stop being a wuss about it and just focus on Clemson instead of these teams that do not matter and barely exist.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Um, okay...lighten up, Francis

Aug 9, 2018, 3:32 PM

I'm not sure why you're reacting so strongly, but whatever makes you feel better.

You don't think the coots would crow all offseason about being a hypothetical national champion's only loss? They have nothing else to hang their hat on. It'd be all they can talk about until next season, because it'll literally be *all they have to talk about*. Well, maybe that and a second-tier bowl game if they're lucky.

I think it should have been pretty obvious that "worst nightmare" was in a football context. Come on man. Don't get your panties in a wad. On an absolute scale of life, football games are not even on my list of important priorities.

My post was an analysis, not a manifesto. Sorry it crossed you the wrong way.

Re: I just think of it this way

Aug 10, 2018, 1:57 PM [ in reply to I just think of it this way ]

Why would we never hear the end of it? They still have to play us

Aug 9, 2018, 8:03 AM

Don’t like either but could never pull for Coots to win in Anything.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2018, 2:10 PM

Same to me

Why is UGA concerned with the Pac 12?***

Aug 9, 2018, 8:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Still have to pull for the Dawgs. Barring a total collapse

Aug 9, 2018, 8:15 AM

the UGA recruiting machine under Kirby is going to keep rolling for quite awhile and one loss at South Carolina likely won't change that at all. On the other hand, think of how much beating UGA would mean to the coots.

IMO the ideal situation for us is Muschamp keeping SCAR in 6-8 win purgatory where he's just good enough to not get fired for quite some time yet never accomplishes anything of note.

I'd pull for Russia before I cheer for either***

Aug 9, 2018, 8:28 AM

Re: Still have to pull for the Dawgs. Barring a total collapse

Aug 9, 2018, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Still have to pull for the Dawgs. Barring a total collapse ]

Agree. I don't think a loss to SC kills UGA's recruiting momentum. It would make life a living hell for Dawg fans. Coots still think they "own" Alabama because they beat them in 2010.

SCAR should lose every game every year PERIOD***

Aug 9, 2018, 9:01 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Aug 9, 2018, 10:21 AM

Ideally both teams would lose to Vanderbilt.

Re: Neither. I'm rooting for the meteorite to hit the

Aug 9, 2018, 10:47 AM

cockroach and vaporize it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

The coots losing benefits me the most

Aug 9, 2018, 10:53 AM

I hope they lose every game they plan

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2018, 3:47 PM

I'm speculating that with 11 games under their belts by # 12......Bentley and his wrs will be rolling on offense and will upset the tigers @ home who will already be reeling from a road loss to Boston College.
That Ncst- Usce is a tough stretch. It's possible that Cu wins the conference and misses the playoffs with two losses.

Aug 9, 2018, 3:51 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, man, you started drinking early. Let's check out the stats ole bend over boy has put up against the Tigers the last two years, and basically he is facing the same defense a year older and better. Man, any cred you had before this is down the drain with that stupid prediction.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2018, 7:28 AM

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, man, you started drinking early. Let's check out the stats ole bend over boy has put up against the Tigers the last two years, and basically he is facing the same defense a year older and better. Man, any cred you had before this is down the drain with that stupid prediction.

Lol! It's not out of the realm of possibilities. You loss to Syracuse last year and then got embarrassed by the best opposition you faced all year in Bama. The tigers can always be counted on dropping one they shouldn't (that's on coaching) and I'm speculating it will happen again in that stretch of games. Ncst- USCe. I think the road game @ BC is as good as a place for an upset as any on your schedule.

I must say I love your reaction though....there's been Tnetters on here saying Uga will lose 3,4-5 games and you haven't seen us freak out!!! Just roll with it my man!

Aug 10, 2018, 7:34 AM

We didn't get embarrassed. We just got overpowered, ironically by the same team you guys blew a two touchdown lead to. Syracuse game was a fluke, and while it may happen again (chances are NOT this year), we are planning on being there at the end of the season. NCST won't hold us under 40 and the chickens will be licking their wounds again by halftime. Spot the danged ball and let's get this party started.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2018, 7:59 AM [ in reply to Re: USC or UGA? ]

And

Aug 10, 2018, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Re: USC or UGA? ]

When you lose to Florida and Auburn, you'll come home with your tail between your legs.

Wait - Bulldawgs are tailless to go with mindless!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 10, 2018, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: USC or UGA? ]

Dawg... You said "There's been T-netters on here saying Georgia will lose 3,4,5 games this season and no one is freaking out..."

That's because last year was lighting in a bottle for your boys. You still lost 2 games. We played those same 2 teams and went 1-1. The year before, you went 4-4 in the SEC East and lost 5 games total. That, sir, is why you are not freaking out. You are used to that kind of season. You would kill to only drop one random game per season, which is all the trash you have available to dish on the Tigers....

Name the stakes Hoss, I'll take that bet too***

Aug 10, 2018, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: USC or UGA? ]

Maybe you are worried about playing them...

Aug 9, 2018, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: USC or UGA? ]

we aren't

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2018, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: USC or UGA? ]

Very outlandish scenario. Makes you seem out of touch.

Aug 9, 2018, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Re: USC or UGA? ]

Sure. Keep thinking that. What is likely is Kirby gets you on probation.

LOL

Aug 9, 2018, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: USC or UGA? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll take that bet, what are you willing to put up?***

Aug 10, 2018, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Re: USC or UGA? ]

Aug 9, 2018, 3:59 PM

I pull for the Coots one time per year, that's when they play UGA. A coot is a classy person compared to a Dawg.

Aug 9, 2018, 4:33 PM

I can't imagine the hate you must have for the Dawgs to pull for SC to beat them. You are in for at least one dissapointment this season.

Aug 10, 2018, 6:48 AM

The hate is not for the dawgs, per say, just superdawg who thinks his crap doesn't stink, but it pretty much does.

Aug 10, 2018, 7:39 AM

The hate is not for the dawgs, per say, just superdawg who thinks his crap doesn't stink, but it pretty much does.

Where was I wrong in my statement? GT, Pitt, Syracuse...who will it be this year? I just speculated it might be the road game at BC. Outsiders aren't allowed opinions in here? I simply bring the facts and when they're pointed out......I guess it upsets the close-minded.

Aug 10, 2018, 8:31 AM

Your "statement" was an opinion, not a fact, and not a very well thought out one. Closed minded? Lol ur lucky ur still here posting.

Aug 10, 2018, 6:50 AM [ in reply to Re: USC or UGA? ]

And dumba$$ statements like " you're in for at least one dissapointment this season" is putting you in his low class. You think the puppies aren't going to have a few?

Aug 10, 2018, 6:59 AM

The "disappointment" is the hope SC beats UGA. Ain't happening. As for Georgia having disappointments, probably one during the regular season (won't be in Columba SC).

Aug 10, 2018, 7:22 AM

Ahhhhhhhhhh, trust me when I tell you I won't be disappointed when UGA beats the crap out of the chickens. Just keep super mutt on his leash.

Scar going 0-12 and UGA going 1-11 would bring a smile.***

Aug 9, 2018, 4:00 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Aug 10, 2018, 8:32 AM

U of SC. It benefits us because them losing always gives me a joyful feeling, and that is always good. HTH.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic