Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Swinney talks ACC Championship Game, loss to South Carolina
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Swinney talks ACC Championship Game, loss to South Carolina

Nov 27, 2011, 5:46 PM

Swinney talks ACC Championship Game, loss to South Carolina

A partial transcript of Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney's conference call with ACC media Sunday afternoon. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

quack quack quack****

Nov 27, 2011, 5:47 PM

still playing the turnover card eh..we only had one last nig

Nov 27, 2011, 6:00 PM

and the game was already lost when we had that one

well it may be a bit much...

Nov 27, 2011, 6:01 PM

to ask him to play the 'we suck at coaching/playing football' card.

Re: well it may be a bit much...

Nov 27, 2011, 6:03 PM

or the we got our behind kicked by guys who wanted it more

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2011, 6:14 PM

or, we're a 9-3 team with a lot of young players. Tahj missed several receivers that were wide open. He's 20 years old cut him a break. Maybe pull for these young men no matter what. And try not to have so much of your validation for existence riding on the performance of 18-22 yr olds.

again the thing here is..we are getting WORSE...

Nov 27, 2011, 6:16 PM

as the season goes on.had boyd done this earlier in the year id have no problem with it.but you cant play great for 8 games then all of a sudden turn sloppy and say that there is no problem

Re: again the thing here is..we are getting WORSE...

Nov 27, 2011, 6:22 PM

Excellent point!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2011, 6:47 PM

not so fast,my friend.boyd wasn't getting drilled everytime he dropped back in the first 8 games.the opponents have picked up something with our protection scheme.

Nov 27, 2011, 8:23 PM

Maybe so. But isn't every team supposed to improve as the season progresses? We were able to look at just as much film of our last 4 opponents as they had on us. Just seems that we don't improve as the season goes along (This is not a recent development). Watching the players throughout the last 4 games, I don't see the spark that was there against Auburn, FSU, VT, and North Carolina. I think a great deal of the problem is desire. We got smacked in the mouth, lost the perfect record, and mailed it in. I hope that all changes in the ACCCG, but I will be shocked if it does.

Nov 28, 2011, 8:24 AM [ in reply to again the thing here is..we are getting WORSE... ]

We did drop 2 TD's in the game. One by Sammie, who almost never drops a ball that was a sure TD and Tajh dropped one, albeit a miracle the dying duck landed in his hands after the line once again failed to block and Ellington was getting killed, and Nuke Hopkins missed another great play or two that certainly would have moved the chains and kept drives alive. We had our chances to win the game, but we didn't take advantage of them. To put it very simply, our OL was eaten alive on pass blocking, and our Defense couldn't contain Shaw. We were beaten on Saturday night by a very mediocre sec east team, and that is the part that bothers me the most, and I think it was more due to execution rather than coaching.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree and not only that by a team without their starting

Nov 28, 2011, 8:54 AM

QB, without their starting RB, without their starting OL, without starters on defense. Good Lord, what would have happened had all that not been the case. We are losing the battle in SC for the top players and it's starting to show on the field. Boyd looked like he was running scared most of the night. In fact I read where the COOT players even mentioned that. And Watkins, where was he?

Nov 27, 2011, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Re: well it may be a bit much... ]

Here's an idea - don't criticize other Clemson fans who are simply calling a spade a spade. Our team has not wanted it more than our opponent since the North Carolina game. I don't care if we have 42 18 year-olds on the squad. Age has nothing to do with desire. A lack of hunger is never excusable.

Ahh yes, convince fans to stop caring. Priceless.

Nov 27, 2011, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: well it may be a bit much... ]

You know it's bad when pumpers are trying to make us apathetic.

Nov 27, 2011, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Re: well it may be a bit much... ]

finally a voice of reason.

so dabo when are going to pull out the

Nov 27, 2011, 6:37 PM

"We are one play away from being undefeated" line?

stop it with these cookie cutter lines.

Start coaching this team to have some toughness, some guts, some fight and some purpose. This team is soft and weak.

Re: so dabo when are going to pull out the

Nov 27, 2011, 6:42 PM

Dabo better watch that VT/Virginia film. VT is way better than the game film he mentioned.

In coach talk we are going to do the same things....

Nov 27, 2011, 6:52 PM

You would think they would at least put some kind of Cole run-pass package in. Line is not able to block and Boyd seems to slow to avoid rush

Re: Front Page Story: Swinney talks ACC Championship Game, loss to South Carolina

Nov 27, 2011, 7:06 PM

"Big picture"?

I've got a huge, panoramic Kodak for you for Dabo. It's 40 years wide.

Speaking of big: his salary. It's pretty big, considering Dabo's job doesn't involve curing cancer or handling plutonium.
He gets an annual lottery winning to make sure his staff gets some kids to run over over a chalk line more than some other kids on a weekly basis.
You'd think he'd be able to figure out how he made some of the most dilapidated teams in the country look like the Packers for the past month.

I applaud his recruiting ability.
I applaud his decision to open up a slot for Morris.

I'll applaud his decision to make way for a new S&C coach and a new DC, and his choice to for once be candid about what the F is going on the OL and Caldwell.

Until then, I ain't clappin'.

Re: Front Page Story: Swinney talks ACC Championship Game, loss to South Carolina

Nov 27, 2011, 7:15 PM

OK Dabo we get it. Hey we had some bad games and we got beat. We'll it is time to man up and get after it. Let's stop all the ball squalling and feeling sorry for ourselves and go out and FIGHT. It's you and the guy across from you - go punch him in the nose. If we go down; let's go down swinging not standing around with hands on our hips shaking our heads. FIGHT TIGERS FIGHT. Start by getting the FUN back - how about a pre-practice Soul Train Style Line dance! Come on DABO you can do it!

Please Dabo, be a man of your word and just go away

Nov 27, 2011, 7:38 PM

It's clear you're entirely over your head being a head coach. You're nothing but suited to be head cheerleader.

Just go away.

Well the spin has already started

Nov 27, 2011, 7:43 PM

"We're 9-3...blah blah blah...we've played 29 freshmen...blah blah blah..."

Already campaigning to keep his job.

USC has 29 frosh & IMPROVED. VT IMPROVED. CU REGRESSED.

Nov 27, 2011, 7:58 PM

Good coaches get their teams to improve over the course of the season. It's called "coaching".

It'll be interesting to see which coaching staff (VTs or Clemson's) has done the better job of coaching up their teams.

Dabo is running out of excuses so I like the way he keeps saying, we're "9-3", "9-3", "9-3". He's smart to remind people of that.

I used to think that Dabo was a good recruiter and motivator. Now I just think he's a good recruiter of skill players (not linemen). This team has not seemed motivated or prepared for the last 4 games.

Re: USC has 29 frosh & IMPROVED. VT IMPROVED. CU REGRESSED.

Nov 28, 2011, 1:10 AM

Exactly. It was clear the D could not tackle and the LB's were never in the correct position after the Wofford game - the 2nd of the season. If the coaches were worth a crap at least that would have improved. It has not, in fact it has gotten worse. It is also very clear to me that both the O and D lines are soft.

I said it after the NC State game - I do not see us winning again this year.

Re: USC has 29 frosh & IMPROVED. VT IMPROVED. CU REGRESSED.

Nov 28, 2011, 8:35 AM [ in reply to USC has 29 frosh & IMPROVED. VT IMPROVED. CU REGRESSED. ]

Sadly, I think this time you nailed it Razz. I still think Dabo can get it done, but it will take new OL personnel and a better Defense. We have plenty of skill players. We need some mean hogs on the OL and some agressive, tackling machines on Defense, and maybe a whole new defensive philosophy. Dabo can't block or tackle, but he can make those who didn't sorry they didn't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2011, 3:23 AM

Man. Lots of fair weather little ####### coming out now. Pull for the #####...we dont need you. GO TIGERS!!!

Cant blame turnovers in the USuC loss. there was only one

Nov 28, 2011, 7:45 AM

and it happened after the game was already out of hand.

Fact is our defense doesnt create any turnovers either.

Nov 28, 2011, 9:18 AM

My biggest disappointment so far is the coach. Dabo and our coaches are looking very soft. Alot of talk and no action. If people are missing assignments, then sit them down. If someone is playing without confidence, then sit them down. If someone doesn't have their head in the game, sit them down. Typically, players respond after watching from the bench. If you are going to go down, at least go down with a group on the field that is battling every play, and actually wants to be in the game. Attitude and effort are more important than X's, O's, technique, and all the other crap I seem to keep hearing about.

Nov 28, 2011, 9:47 AM

Ok this makes me sick! Dabo said... Its the coaches job to recapture the players confidence.. Well after the GT game why have they not done their JOB! I am a fan of Dabo. I think that he deserves one more year at least to get it done. Steele has to go NOW! I know we are a young team. Dabo you and your coaches need to do the job that you said belonged you ya'll! COACH. Help the players regain the confidence!!

Romans 10:9

Nov 28, 2011, 9:49 AM

Something is going on at Clemson that we do not know about and may not find out about until much later.You cannot change personalities as quickly as this team has without something significant having happened behind the scenes that is being kept from the fans.This team has lost it's intensity and focus and something or somebody has caused that to happen.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2011, 11:27 AM

I agree with manatis that there was a definite "loss of Vitality" which occured sometime during the season and a major "behind the scene" event may be the cause. I just hope that if this is the case then it can be resolved before we completely destroy ourselves.

well i feel better now cause....

Nov 28, 2011, 9:52 AM

According to Dabo, only problem we have is some technique issues that can be fixed with a little tape. LOL Yeah ok. Get real.

How about growing a pair and tell the truth. We got whooped cause the players were not prepared and we lack any real O depth and cant tackle. Not to mention our defensive coordiantor is on vacation. And our O line has stunk it up lately too. Bottom line, the truth is , we got a looooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg
way to go. And winning this weekend will take some actual coaching and a serious gut check from the entire team.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic