Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson's chances to host, what we're hearing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 5,444

Clemson's chances to host, what we're hearing

May 28, 2017, 3:06 PM

As we all know, a Clemson team that seemed to be a lock for a Top 8 national seed a month ago has hit the skids, and now hosting one of the 16 regionals is in question. We talked to two national baseball writers about that, and here is what they had to say.

*Michael Lananna of Baseball America...."It's going to be very close considering where Clemson ranks in the RPI, but my sense is that the committee is going to view the Tigers' last stretch of the season unfavorably. The odds seem against them to host. Certainly you'd feel better about it if Clemson hadn't just gone 0-2 in the ACC tournament."

*Aaron Fitt of D1 Baseball...."I think Clemson is going to have to hit the road for regionals. On the surface, it looks like a hosting resume — teams that go 17-13 in the ACC with a No. 12 RPI almost always host. But how you finish matters, and it’s impossible to ignore Clemson’s 11 losses in its last 12 ACC games. There are too many other worthy host candidates who did not fall on their faces late in the year for Clemson to host at this point."

The 16 host sites will be announced at 8:30 pm tonight

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We've played 58 games-

May 28, 2017, 3:14 PM

The second half of the season we're 15-14 I believe. I don't think we get a host with other bubble teams trending upward. In fact, it looks like FSU is gonna take out spot. Hopefully we get a favorable regional draw since we're squarely on the bubble though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson's chances to host, what we're hearing

May 28, 2017, 3:21 PM

I think you're Correct. ESPN guys doing the broadcast for ACC title game are saying FSU as a possible host site with 6 ACC teams in and Miami missing the Big Tourney.

May 28, 2017, 3:24 PM

At this point I'm just glad we are in. If we played another month I don't know if we would be so lucky

May 28, 2017, 3:26 PM

We did it to ourselves.

May 28, 2017, 6:29 PM

sad but accurate

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Need to get healthy ... no matter where we play.***

May 28, 2017, 3:46 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think FSU just took our regional hopes.***

May 28, 2017, 4:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

i agree

May 28, 2017, 4:15 PM

This team played terrible down the stretch. If imagine we're a strong 2 seed in someone's regional. It's like the team forgot how to win.

UNC ruined our season. Reminds me of the last time

May 28, 2017, 4:50 PM

We played up in Chapel Hell under leggett about and blew the game late in 13th after having made an amazing comeback. UNC weaselled its way to victory and from that point on our confidence faded. Just like the 3 game this year we should of won at least 2 of 3. Ever since our middle-late inning play has been tight and not the loose-just play mentality like Monte prides his teams on. Other factors (Williams, Crawford, Miller) are certainly present, but I don't miss a single CU baseball game. Haven't in over 11 years but with Monte I have hope in the post-season, unlike leggett, where I wished @ Fullerton and @ Vandy but ultimately knew leggett would make the team play way too uptight.

Hoping for a nice draw as a 2. Give this team new life somehow! A big first game by Beer could go a long way to his confidence and the teams. Go Tigers!!!!

Re: UNC ruined our season. Reminds me of the last time

May 28, 2017, 5:11 PM

We played tighter under monte lee last 3 weeks than anytime under leggett! Monte lee is not impressive to me but that's just my opinion . Pressure like candy huh ? Good competition his teams have choked on candy

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently you have a short memory.

May 28, 2017, 8:07 PM

Playing tight was a trademark of Leggett teams. It got worse as his time went by, and it's ultimately the reason he lost his job. In fact, I think some of what we saw this season was a carryover from that Leggett mentality. It will take time to reshape the culture, and to judge Monte so early, especially considering it's been very good minus the last few weeks, is not very smart.

Re: Apparently you have a short memory.

May 28, 2017, 8:22 PM

Why did this mentality not appear last year????

For the most part it was Leggett players who did so well and WON the acc championship last year.

The mentality of this team is simply explained. They tried to be a long ball hitting team and didn't have enough long ball hitters!!!! Small ball would have been a better choice for this team in 2017. Everyone swung for the fences and it didn't work!!

It did.***

May 29, 2017, 3:09 PM

Not hosting would be good for this team...

May 28, 2017, 6:33 PM

Hosting would put a lot of pressure on us to win at home, plus we would most likely get a tough #2 seed as well a la OK St last year.

Let's hit the road and find out what this team is made of

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Total body of work means very little. It's all about recent

May 28, 2017, 6:45 PM

success in baseball.

Re: Total body of work means very little. It's all about recent

May 28, 2017, 7:59 PM

yikes

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shows what these EXPERTS know- Go Tigers

May 28, 2017, 9:06 PM

prove 'em all wrong on the field too !

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 5,444
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic