Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UM’s Lashlee unloads naked truth: ‘We got whipped'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

UM’s Lashlee unloads naked truth: ‘We got whipped'

Oct 12, 2020, 5:19 PM

Perhaps behind paywall

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article246381050.html

“We got whipped in every phase. We got whipped up front, we got whipped on the perimeter, I got whipped. I didn’t do a very good job.

“Look, we got our tails kicked. Give them a lot of credit. We didn’t really execute well in any phase: running, protecting, throwing it. We had penalties — very undisciplined, turned the football over. I think everybody saw it was very obvious. We played very poorly and didn’t really give our team a chance to win.”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UM’s Lashlee unloads naked truth: ‘We got whipped'

Oct 12, 2020, 5:35 PM

Wasn’t it their head coach say that he was excited to see how they matched up with the number 1 team? Well, now they know. I wonder if they “know” that it wasn’t that they played poorly or that our team played well. They were beat before they walked on the field, before the season started; they were beat before any of them signed with UM. They got beat by a superior culture, a meticulous attention to detail, a strategy so outrageous that no coach has ever put into action before. The salesman and the little country agricultural and engineering school in a backwater town few could place on a map have assembled, not a methodical machine like Bama, but a group of remarkable young men recruited for their character as much as for their ability, playing with obvious love for their teammates, for joy and as part of a path to become exceptional people when they’re through.

If they knew that, they’d know that their defeat was a lot bigger than they thought. Probably good for them that they can tell themselves they just need to work harder.

Oct 12, 2020, 5:50 PM

Tell it like you mean it!!! +1

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2020, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Re: UM’s Lashlee unloads naked truth: ‘We got whipped' ]

RickyC78 said:

Wasn’t it their head coach say that he was excited to see how they matched up with the number 1 team? Well, now they know. I wonder if they “know” that it wasn’t that they played poorly or that our team played well. They were beat before they walked on the field, before the season started; they were beat before any of them signed with UM. They got beat by a superior culture, a meticulous attention to detail, a strategy so outrageous that no coach has ever put into action before. The salesman and the little country agricultural and engineering school in a backwater town few could place on a map have assembled, not a methodical machine like Bama, but a group of remarkable young men recruited for their character as much as for their ability, playing with obvious love for their teammates, for joy and as part of a path to become exceptional people when they’re through.

If they knew that, they’d know that their defeat was a lot bigger than they thought. Probably good for them that they can tell themselves they just need to work harder.

Post of the day material! Here Here! 100% agree with what you said here!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What really hurts is that...

Oct 12, 2020, 5:49 PM

...Clemson didn't even have to steal signs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not true...

Oct 12, 2020, 6:17 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And....

Oct 12, 2020, 6:22 PM

Finally

Oct 12, 2020, 6:24 PM

Oct 12, 2020, 7:06 PM

I don't think the 58-0 whipping we gave them 5 years ago will be topped.

I'll never forget the non-stop trash-talking on their side despite getting relentlessly dominated at the line of scrimmage the entire game.

At halftime, Dabo brought the team out a little early for a huddle on the field and allowed cameras to record him saying, "we do things the right way". It was a priceless photo op.

Oct 12, 2020, 7:27 PM

Give UM's Lashlee credit He took the whupping like a man. Now, he will make that team better because of he understands what they need to do to improve. I like his spunk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic