Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Glennon is a better QB than Shaw and can make great throws
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Glennon is a better QB than Shaw and can make great throws

Nov 21, 2012, 6:10 PM

We saw his best and he is much more talented than Shaw. So there you go. We will destroy these mouth breathers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USuC has a better D than NSCU?

Nov 21, 2012, 6:13 PM

Just askin'.....

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, but our OL has improved drastically this year

Nov 21, 2012, 6:18 PM

And the offenses in the SEC are not good. SCU's biggest defensive advantage is inside the 20. They shut down teams that try to pound it into the end zone. I think The Chad might have something different in store for the old ball sack.

SCU's D got exposed against LSU and UT….

Nov 21, 2012, 6:50 PM [ in reply to USuC has a better D than NSCU? ]

Our offense is rated like 4th in the nation. They couldn't stop UT who is ranked 23rd. SCU has 2 good players on D (Clowney, Taylor), their DT's, LB's, and DB's suck.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^spot on ^^^

Nov 22, 2012, 4:11 AM

you slow down clowney and taylor's penetration and we pick them apart. 1. we have an o-line that is coming of age. we should put up more than tennessee did against usuc. 2. our defense is better overall than last years, we just have to lower the number of homeruns ( 4 last week, against a better offense) we give up, i don't think they can consistantly drive the ball on us. 3.usuc on the road has been mediocre at best. i like our chances for a big win.

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Glennon is a better QB than Shaw and can make great throws

Nov 21, 2012, 6:14 PM

If we shut down Shaw's running it'll be a slaughter !!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2012, 7:29 PM

That's the key, pressure Shaw and stop his running.

I honestly believe our O is almost unstoppable

Nov 21, 2012, 6:15 PM

the "almost" is due to how Oregon got shut down last week. We did well against a very good FSU defense and SC's offense isn't near the quality of FSU's. We shall see.

i didn't think they could do what they did to Georgia's O either.***

Nov 21, 2012, 6:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

UGA is WAY overrated

Nov 21, 2012, 7:53 PM

they are like 1-15 against the last top 25 teams they played. Yet somehow they keep getting ranked in the top 10. Weird, right?

Re: UGA is WAY overrated

Nov 21, 2012, 9:50 PM

Georgia is one demensional and Murray is an average quarterback. There are many teams that can defeat Georgia.

Re: UGA is WAY overrated

Nov 22, 2012, 6:07 AM [ in reply to UGA is WAY overrated ]

Good point, but UGA is 1-1 against top ten (at the time) opponents this year. Yet there is no question the Dawgs had an easier draw this year (no Bama as was perviously scheduled and subsequently unscheduled due to the two new schools)

UGA got stage fright and buried themselves early. That was

Nov 21, 2012, 11:11 PM [ in reply to i didn't think they could do what they did to Georgia's O either.*** ]

An all hands kind of fail for UGA. SCAR had the night of their life and UGA was the worst they've been this year--which is competing with at least two other games.

Re: I honestly believe our O is almost unstoppable

Nov 21, 2012, 9:00 PM [ in reply to I honestly believe our O is almost unstoppable ]

I agree. Our defense is the only thing that can stop them. When the D lays a couple of eggs, the O becomes a head case. They got it back together against NCSU after the D stepped up with a key 4th down stop.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I honestly believe our O is almost unstoppable

Nov 21, 2012, 9:07 PM

I think instead of just looking at the QB's ability, we have to look at USUC as a whole versus NCSU as a whole. If you do that, USUC has to be a better team than NCSU, so we had better play a lot better against USUC than we did with State - or it's 4-in-a-row.

Nov 21, 2012, 6:30 PM

Shaw is a better runner but can also throw the intermediate pass and is good at the option read.The coots also have a better running game even with Lattimore out.

Glennon is an NFL level QB. Shaw will be packing grocies...

Nov 21, 2012, 6:52 PM

after he is done at SCU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you seen Shaw throw? He looks pretty good to me plus

Nov 21, 2012, 6:52 PM

he can run, unlike Glennon.

Re: Sorry, but Shaw can out run Glennon running backwards

Nov 21, 2012, 7:34 PM

Glennon has the better arm.

I didn't say Glennon could outrun Shaw. So not sure where

Nov 21, 2012, 7:45 PM

that is coming from.

On the other hand. Glennon is a much better QB and does have NFL smarts. Ever seen a QB "really" make it in the NFL? Ask Cunningham where all his rings are or ask Vick....Newton???

Anybody who thinks that just because Shaw isn't an NFL

Nov 21, 2012, 7:58 PM

ready QB like Glennon means that he can't hurt us is fooling themselves. If our secondary doesn't play better and if we don't put a lot of pressure on him, he is very capable of hitting the open receivers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Anybody who thinks that just because Shaw isn't an NFL

Nov 21, 2012, 8:09 PM

Again, not what I said. I am only stating that he is a better pocket passer. That's it. He throws well under pressure too. We came out the victor.

Unless Shaw is running, I feel like they cannot offer a better O than what NCSU threw up.

It's my impression that a lot of people are using the logic

Nov 21, 2012, 8:21 PM

that Shaw is not as good as Glennon, and we beat Glennon, so it follows that we will beat Shaw. I'm just pointing out that it doesn't work that way, and Shaw doesn't have to be as good as Glennon to hurt us.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Common opponent - Tennessee

Nov 21, 2012, 11:14 PM

38 points vs 21
Shaw had 356 yards and 3 TDs 1 INT
Glennon 288 yds 1 TD, 4 INTs

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Re: Common opponent - Tennessee

Nov 22, 2012, 4:18 AM

can't compare the 1st game of the year to the last. teams should get better as the year goes on, and a whole slew of teams don't start playing their best ball right out of the gate. i would say a alabama,stanford style of offense is more 1st game ready vs. a oregon,clemson style offense. fall camp is only,what, 2 weeks now, with like 3 days of that conditioning only.

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

Nov 22, 2012, 5:38 AM

Glennon is a really good QB - no question (as well as Tajh).

And given Glennon is vastly superior to Shaw, who is hobbled without even practicing this week; if Clemson can't beat us like a drum given these two pertinent facts...

Nov 22, 2012, 5:44 AM

dang, you are 2 for 2 with the way you see the game playing out. with the way you see it, we may just be ready for another 63-17 kind of game. you should post more often, you are about as confident a tiger fan as i have read on here lately.

Nov 22, 2012, 5:47 AM

Glad I can oblige, Seargant.

And thanks for your service (that's actually sincere)

This game is going to be a lot more about how we play

Nov 22, 2012, 8:36 AM

than about how the chickens play.

Re: This game is going to be a lot more about how we play

Nov 22, 2012, 8:54 AM

this is very true.

Some are confusing pro potential with quality.

Nov 22, 2012, 9:54 AM

Shaw has a qb rating of 156 compared to a 130 for Glennon.

While glennon has much more pro potential, shaw has been a better quarterback in college. The same way Glennon has much more pro potential than Boyd, but I'd take Boyd over Glennon.

The game is going to come down to the Carolina defense. If we play well we will shut down the Clemson offense. If we lose assignment Clemson will win.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic