Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA by 17?!?!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

UGA by 17?!?!

Jun 16, 2014, 8:03 AM

So I have a close friend that wants to make a pretty good bet that UGA wins by at least 17... I know I wear my orange shades a lot but this is a little crazy but he says it wont even be a game...pretty much bases whole argument on fact that they are way more talented and Gurley got all those yards on 12 carries last year and says they still should have won...I think we could have beaten them worse honestly. But it was almost like talking to a coot so I had to stop before I went off LOL but the points he was trying to make about the ACC and our schedule and stuff was crazy and said if they were healthy he would make the bet at 20 pts easy, I hate to just make easy money like that but man come on...they are not THAT much better than us... Def is gonna be ten times better and I think we are MORE talented than them on Off besides the running game of course. I asked him what that great QB did last year and what happened in the Nebraska game..."Oh it was wet and they were playing with a 5th string RB"...not how I remember it and both teams played on the same field...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA by 17?!?!

Jun 16, 2014, 8:13 AM

UGA sucks without Murray - PERIOD. Your 'friend' needs to take some reality pills. CLEMSON will roll the Dawgs so maybe he had it BACKWARDS. You sure he is GIVING 17? Maybe he meant that he is TAKING 17 and the Dawgs - that would be more like it.

Jun 16, 2014, 8:14 AM

If we win , and I believe we will ...prepare for Excuse 101 $EC style.
Clemson won because of suspensions (ignoring ours)
Clemson won because we have an untested QB (ignoring ours )
Clemson won because our secondary is unproven and not battle tested yet (ignoring ours)
Clemson won because we have a new defensive coordinator and we aren't gelled yet on defense ( that one is actually viable ...but an excuse nonetheless).

I think we win a very good , close game . I am calling it 27-25 Tigers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 16, 2014, 8:23 AM

Yea I mean he is my GFs brother in law, normally I choose not to associate myself with them but he is a cool guy just not sure he is thinking this through, he was DEF giving me 17 saying that they will win by at least 17 and he will be surprised if we even have a chance late in the 3rd. Yea I am ready for the excuses and I think that score could be spot on...he also wanted to make another bet even higher that we don't hold them under 24 because my prediction was 27-24 Clemson...but the more SEC guys I talk to it just gets more and more funny...I mean I argued about our Division being much better than the SEC East and the things he said was crazy...he was talking about injuries and that FL UGA and Mizz would win our division easy if not for them...maybe I am not thinking right but don't all teams deal with injury...didn't we finish with a top ten ranking and if im not mistaken the National Champ is in our Division...come on man, and add Louisville to that which has made a name beating an SEC team in BCS games to the mix, get real LOL

Jun 16, 2014, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA by 17?!?! ]

I certainly think both teams will be good, but I certainly don't see them as superior to us. Take his money and console him a little as he pays you. Admonish him to think more rationally in other decisions in his life and let it be a learning experience for him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2014, 8:35 AM

Haha, yea the bet is made I didn't even think twice about it...just funny the points he was making. Its almost like even after last year no one gives us any credit...its ok to lose to Clemson its not the end of life HAHA we are actually a very good program that has a very very bright future. But it all started because I was making points as to how them and USuCk were highly over rated in these rankings I thought...USC I can maybe see bc many think it will be the best OL in the country along with a great RB but UGA always seems to be up there and fall

Jun 16, 2014, 8:42 AM

Im not buying the USuC hype . I have them losing the to the Aggies at home in the opener. I think that defense takes a big drop this season , and they are also gonna struggle in the passing game. One dimensional offenses can be problematic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 16, 2014, 8:47 AM

Coots will struggle to win games against A&M , Uga , Missouri and Tennessee.
They will lose road games at UF , Clemson and Auburn.

DB23

Jun 16, 2014, 8:53 AM

I agree I think all three teams us, UGA, and SCAR could win 10-11 games but also could see things begin tough for all three and winning 8-9...I still think talent alone will carry us through our schedule besides FL St...and yes the only game USCs QB has even looked decent in we made happen, but he didn't look good at all last year.

Jun 16, 2014, 8:25 AM

Your "friend" is delusional, but it is okay to take the money from a delusional ugay fan. They have had lots of their money taken over MR's tenure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Early Vegas lines are like CU +9 so obviously getting

Jun 16, 2014, 8:41 AM

17 pts is a great bet.

Jun 16, 2014, 9:16 AM

*correction...Gurley got 3/4 his yards on TWO carries (one over 70 yards)...the rest were small chunks as our D started shutting him and Marshall down....during their LOSS. He might want to remember the final outcome of the game...with those yards.

Jun 16, 2014, 9:24 AM

Exactly what I said I think he had another about 45 or 50 yds too but I asked him what they did mid way though the second through mid way in the 4th...nothing but punt... sorry I don't buy it to me he was fresh every time he came in LOL and we lost Peake as well which was easily our #2 WR at the time. Ppl will be game planning for Gurley/Marshall and will force Mason to beat ppl with his arm, which I am not sure he can do

You can tell him....

Jun 16, 2014, 9:23 AM

that I will take Clemson +17 for any amount of money he is willing to lose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: You can tell him....

Jun 16, 2014, 9:25 AM

I did... its a done deal...I am letting him make the call but I set the min since he is so sure

All I can say is ...

Jun 16, 2014, 9:24 AM

your friend is not the sharpest tool in the shed! Rest assured this is not the same feeling of a large majority of the Dawg Nation.

Re: All I can say is ...

Jun 16, 2014, 9:28 AM

I also mention that more ppl were nervous about this year than last year and his response was that he coaches and played so he sees more than the reg fan...what?! That has absolutely nothing to do with it...not saying they don't win but to think that they just roll us over is stupid... I mean if anything they had a better shot to do that last year with our D

it is going to be 17 points for sure but for Clemson

Jun 16, 2014, 9:42 AM

we are going to kick the dogs.

I think they are going to be motivated being at home and the revenge factor but Clemson is not going to be a walk in the park for you dawgs.... Dabo is going to have this team ready comes August 30 baby and it is oooonn.

Great game and I can not wait but meantime, go US team today against gana

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Can I get some of that?***

Jun 16, 2014, 9:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2014, 9:58 AM

Simply put. If you don't want to take the bet I will and it would be whatever he wants. I'll take the Tigers plus 17 for any amount your friend wants. Anything over $500 will require money up front.
There is no way whatsoever that they will beat THIS TIGER team by over 17. Your friend might fancy himself a "gambler" but leave that to those of us who know what the heck we're doing. TAKE the bet for whatever you can get him to put on the line!!!or give it to me.

Jun 16, 2014, 10:15 AM

Haha I feel the same way it has already been made but amount will come later (allowed that based on injuries for us and suspensions for them) LOL but a minimum was set

Jun 16, 2014, 10:19 AM

Yeah anyone gives your Clemson +17, I would take that.
I could see it being a 10 point game where its close and a turnover in the 4th quarter makes it a 2 score game, but unless one team comes out really sloppy, I dont see it being a one sided affair.

Jun 16, 2014, 10:22 AM

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone here and the only one confident that we stand a chance in this game ;) haha according to him we should just stay in Clemson and not waste the gas taking the buses down there LOL

Jun 16, 2014, 11:30 AM

I don't see CU being able to keep up with UGA's offense this go round. Way too many questions for Morris starting with Oline....or maybe the QB......or the RB....oh well, yall get the pic I'm sure.

Yes Clem has talent I just don't see it coming together for that 1st contest.

You will see a top 5 D... and it won't be Dawgs'....***

Jun 16, 2014, 11:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's a reasonable way of thinking about things, but...

Jun 16, 2014, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA by 17?!?! ]

OL is not really a question mark for Clemson next year. We replace our All- ACC LT with a guy who's already played a lot and performed very well. The only real question mark is at RT. If UGa had a better pass rush, the RT position would be more of a concern. However, I think Clemson probably neutralizes its vulnerability there by running the ball.

Stoudt isn't any more of a question mark than Mason is for UGa. Obviously a first start on the road is going to be tough for anybody, but as I said above, I think Clemson won't be relying on him to win the game. There's also the fact that your secondary was garbage last year, and looks to be even worse this year. You should count yourself thankful you're not playing us at Clemson.

I'm not really sure RB is a question mark for Clemson. We also had a first year starter at RB last year, and he chewed you guys up because your LBs are slow.

And, of course, you ignore the much bigger question mark UGa has on the OL. Clemson got after Murray with frequency last year, and I wouldn't expect it to be much better for Mason this year. This is, in my opinion, the biggest mismatch of units in the game.

UGa also has very solid receivers, but that won't matter if Mason (who isn't Aaron Murray) has to run for his life.

Obviously Hutson Mason is, himself, another question mark for UGa. Playing at home will help him, and so will starting a couple of games at the beginning of the year last year. But how good did he look in those games, both against teams that UGa should've beaten easily?

None of this guarantees anything for Clemson, mostly because the skill position guys are unproven and will be playing on the road. But Clemson's question marks aren't as big as you make them out to be, and they certainly won't be the only team playing that night with major question marks.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that's a reasonable way of thinking about things, but...

Jun 16, 2014, 12:56 PM

That is spot on and exactly how I feel...our D is being underestimated big time and love the point about Hot Rod being his first year also...I think we actually have more talent there this year as a whole...yes we are young but my point is that they should not have all this confidence...why bc of Gurley?? and then they say well hes finally healthy...you know what that's called, injury prone...and it happened to a lot of great backs but that's no ones fault if the guy cant play but 15 snaps in a big game...tired of them using that as an excuse

he was healthy before we banged him up...***

Jun 16, 2014, 1:10 PM

Re: he was healthy before we banged him up...***

Jun 16, 2014, 1:12 PM

Haha very true!! And with our D line I would be surprised if it doesn't happen again...I look for Steward to actually kill someone this year, kid is just a ticking time bomb before he shows us what he is capable of and I hope its this year! UGAy might actually be worse than the coots with their excuses...

Jun 16, 2014, 8:31 PM [ in reply to he was healthy before we banged him up...*** ]

He tweaked his quad on the 75 yard TD run where he was virtually untouched. What part of that play did Clemson players contribute to the injury other than allowing him to run free of course?

Jun 16, 2014, 8:45 PM

/\ has inside information on when and how players on teams not his are injured.

DB23

Jun 17, 2014, 1:38 AM [ in reply to that's a reasonable way of thinking about things, but... ]

Your Oline is a question mark.....more especially in that first game. Who are your projected starters? Not even Morris knows at this point. Your most experienced lineman (Beasley) is out as well as projected starter @ tackle Shaq Anthony leaving whoever to fill the void. Your starting five will have less than 30 starts between them on Aug 30th versus GA. Expect Stoudt to be the QB running for his life that day.

As for RB I'd say until you actually name a starter it's a question mark. Morris is still holding out hope Dye or some freshman will emerge.

Funny how Clemson will neutralize our pass rush with a questionable running game however GA with a true Heisman candidate can't do the same to the tiger pass rush.

As for Mason most outside the Tnet feel UGA is in good shape with HM at the helm. After relieving Murray in the 2nd qter vs. Kentucky and starting the next two games Mason threw for nearly 1000 yards and 5 tds. The bigger picture here is he'll be surrounded by plenty of experienced talent at RB and WR.....unlike Stoudt where question marks abound on offense heading into fall practice.

And yes, we have home field advantage this time. It will be the young Clemson offense having to execute within what will be a very hostile environment....remember when UGA had the ball last year? Multiple that by ten...... :)

Jun 17, 2014, 2:57 AM

Here is Hutson Mason's projected stat line for the CU game.

15-26 225 yds 1 TD 1 INT 8 rushes for -3 yards

Can Gurley pick up the slack?

Probably important to note that Gurley caught 3 of his 4 TD passes. We will probably be ready for the check down game.

Going to be a long season for the dawgs. Please beat the coots again though.

Jun 17, 2014, 10:16 AM

I'm wondering how you manipulated the numbers to come up with such a bogus projection for Mason?

A much more realistic way to go about this would be to average Mason's two starts to form the projection. Here's what that looks like:

37.5 Att 21.5 Comp 309.5 Yards 1.5 TDs 1 INT

Now factor in other variables such as the next start will be at home which is much easier on a QB than away/neutral games and that he should have all of his weapons healthy unlike the banged up corps he led at the end of the year. Also, have to factor in that Clemson's pass rush is better than either of the two teams Mason faced, but playing at home will neutralize Clemson's rush to an extent due to being able to use an actual snap count rather than a silent count and a healthy Gurley will cause Venables to scheme to stop the run first leaving some room for Mason to operate.

All in all, it is reasonable to expect Mason to hit or even exceed his averages set in his two starts last year, as more of the external variables are in his favor.

Jun 17, 2014, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Re: that's a reasonable way of thinking about things, but... ]

The only question mark at RB is who will get the most carries...just bc you have 4 guys you can plug in at anytime does not mean there is a question mark...we have lots of talent there. And ppl are saying that about the DL bc we will have one if not THE best in the country along with very talented LBs and DBs although they will be young, but better than your slow LBs and terrible secondary.

And with Mason who cares about your numbers its about W-L he lost to Nebraska with experience and I am not saying we are in better shape just think ya'll are disrespecting Murray by saying some of these things....the guy is not going to come in and save you guys lol

And are you trying to say that UGA stadium is ten times louder than DV? I just peed myself from laughing so hard hahahahahahahahaha

Jun 19, 2014, 8:04 AM [ in reply to that's a reasonable way of thinking about things, but... ]

All great points. I fully expect our OL to be much better this year, and our DL and overall D will be lights out. I hope all of them, including coaches, players and fans think little old ACC Clemson will be an automatic win. Just as they did last year. If so, SSDD for them.

Jun 16, 2014, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA by 17?!?! ]

And yall are in so much better shape how??

Jun 17, 2014, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA by 17?!?! ]

I doubt you saw it coming last year either. That's okay. We don't mind being taken lightly. If you think we won't be improved over last year, you may be very surprised. I'm sure y'all won't fall apart just because Murray is gone, either. It ought to be a war.

A few things...

Jun 16, 2014, 12:01 PM

Yes, they've got very good RBs and WRs. However, their QB didn't look very good when he got to play last year (except maybe in the second half against GT), and their OL will be young and couldn't stop us last year. While I think a first start in Athens is a tall order for Stoudt, keep in mind that we want to be more run oriented next year and that we ran the ball pretty easily against Georgia last year.

You're right that Clemson probably has more talent on offense than UGa, but a lot of that talent is unproven. If we had a little more experience at the WR and RB positions, I'd feel more confident about this game.

Take that bet and RUN

Jun 16, 2014, 12:07 PM

Clemson is going to win this game.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

It's a crime NOT to separate a fool from his money.***

Jun 16, 2014, 1:08 PM

I've found over the years that most fans making those

Jun 17, 2014, 5:13 AM

kinds of boasts usually do so based on hopes.

Wishing, hoping, thinking and praying rarely win ball games, although if forced to select, some might give the "praying" an advantage over the rest. lol

Jun 20, 2022, 1:00 PM

Just to keep things in perspective, both Georgia and Clemson are forced to start reserve untested Quarterbacks with shaky offensive lines. Should make for an interesting game. Georgia pt. spread partially based on revenge for last year loss and it is damm hard for the visitors to win in Athens.

Take that fool's money already.

Jun 17, 2014, 7:14 PM

They might not *score* 17.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic