Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA Writer: "And That’s When I Knew I Hated South Carolina"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Oct 9, 2019, 11:23 AM

https://www.dawgsports.com/2019/10/7/20902384/and-thats-when-i-knew-i-hated-south-carolina-uga-usc-uga-football-why-south-carolina-sucks-uga-news

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

How dare he insult Dillon's finest citizen!

Oct 9, 2019, 11:33 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

You took the words right out of my mouth ...

Oct 9, 2019, 11:46 AM

Georgia writer or not, I can not support anyone, I mean anyone, that speaks poorly of Pedro ... I am much older now, but have fond memories as a child at South of the Border ... I remember catching fireflies one night when we stayed in the motor lodge ... (some of you may have to Google motor lodge).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pedro for President!***

Oct 9, 2019, 11:57 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You took the words right out of my mouth ...

Oct 9, 2019, 12:13 PM [ in reply to You took the words right out of my mouth ... ]

I too, have fond memories of South of the Border. However, it was in the mid to late 70’s. Me and my sister, God rest her soul, would also catch fireflies. Now, with that said. The last time I stopped by to visit Pedro, the place was a dump.

Oct 9, 2019, 4:28 PM

My family and I drove to Florida via South of the Border in the 1960s. I'm sure it's a much bigger attraction today.

Pedro's forecast: Chili today. hot Tamale***

Oct 9, 2019, 12:44 PM [ in reply to You took the words right out of my mouth ... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Pedro's forecast: Chili today. hot Tamale***

Oct 9, 2019, 8:58 PM

"Our honeymoon suites are heir conditioned"...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2019, 2:51 PM [ in reply to You took the words right out of my mouth ... ]

I always knew them as motels,mostly on the old 301.never did stay at Pedro's,but stopped many times for other reasons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 9, 2019, 2:53 PM

forgot about stuckey's and pecan rolls.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Always knew you were close when the wiener came out.***

Oct 9, 2019, 2:15 PM [ in reply to How dare he insult Dillon's finest citizen! ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pedro was a huge coot supporter******

Oct 9, 2019, 8:38 PM [ in reply to How dare he insult Dillon's finest citizen! ]

Welcome to our world, but...

Oct 9, 2019, 11:43 AM

some of this article is incredibly hypocritical considering that UGa has some of the most vile and repugnant fans in all of college football (scream in the faces of anyone wearing opposing colors, calling anyone in opposing colors strings of four letter words, and highly intoxicated Dawg fans trying to pick fight after fight).

I will give UGa fans a little credit here. They don't discriminate. They seem to hate all opposing fans equally.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: UGA Writer: "And That’s When I Knew I Hated South Carolina"

Oct 9, 2019, 12:03 PM

While I agree with his assessment of many things USCjr related, this is really the pot calling the kettle black. I don't go to games at Willy B because I fired the canon in 1989 for the 45 point and it will never get better for me. I grew up in Columbia and went to many games between the Tigers and the Gamecocks witnessed very few fights. I have been to games in Athens twice and had to throw hands with obnoxious redneck dawg fans both times.

I have also travelled to Fort Bragg and Pinehurst numerous times. If he lived 50 miles from the SC border and travelled I-95 that put him between Lumberton and Fayetteville. I can not think of a more crappy place in the entire state of North Carolina than that stretch. South of the Border is an improvement over anything from the next 100 miles north until you get to I-40

While it was funny. It is like Jerry Blackwell calling Haystacks Calhoun fat.

I live in Pinehurst

Oct 9, 2019, 8:29 PM

You are funny

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2019, 11:33 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA Writer: "And That’s When I Knew I Hated South Carolina" ]

Athens 20x's more volatile atmosphere than Columbia-

He must not have traveled that way too much if

Oct 10, 2019, 1:28 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA Writer: "And That’s When I Knew I Hated South Carolina" ]

Oct 9, 2019, 12:06 PM

Sounds like he hates the state of SC, not just the coots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Oct 9, 2019, 12:12 PM

I believe he meant to say "The University of 'South Carolina is an insignificant gnat.'"

After all, their fans are the ones 'too surprised by victory', who are cheering for their backup school and demonstrating the inferiority complex that rears its ugly head in countless ways.

Though I believe his animosity for the state is deeper than just garnet and black.

I have lived in South Carolina most of my life...

Oct 9, 2019, 12:22 PM

and you have to admit, the I-95 corridor running through the state from the North Carolina border through the Pee Dee region of the state down to the Georgia border, ain't much to look at. There is a reason why it has been referred to as the "corridor of shame" but that area is also substantially similar to the ENTIRE state of Georgia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

downtown Atlanta is beautiful*

Oct 9, 2019, 11:42 PM

BigCUFan® said:

and you have to admit, the I-95 corridor running through the state from the North Carolina border through the Pee Dee region of the state down to the Georgia border, ain't much to look at. There is a reason why it has been referred to as the "corridor of shame" but that area is also substantially similar to the ENTIRE state of Georgia.

Oct 9, 2019, 12:37 PM

Has this clown ever been to south GA? Jimminy Christmas... I like how his whole view of SC is based off the 95 corridor... No mention of Hilton Head, Charleston, or the coast in general.. Or the mountainous regions of the upstate...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's great that vision

Oct 9, 2019, 12:46 PM

impaired people get to write articles and have them put out there. He IS vision impaired, Right? Because apparently he has never seen his sh÷thole of a state. Georgia is the armpit of the nation...followed closely by Arkansas.

Well after that hatchet job, I'm pulling for Mouth Carolina***

Oct 9, 2019, 12:47 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2019, 12:51 PM

Another tolerant college graduate.

"And That’s When I Knew I Hated UGA"

Oct 9, 2019, 12:52 PM

The writer is obviously from Atlanta and has never ventured outside of Buckhead. The state, or should I say penal colony, of Georgia is a vast wasteland of nothingness. There's absolutely nothing between SC border and Atlanta. My UGA reporter-man ought to take a drive south and east of Atlanta to see the Georgia imitation of West Texas. It's nothing but pine trees, red clay and one stoplight towns. Heck, they film "The Walking Dead" there because it closely resembles the apocalypse.

Diss'n on Pedro? Let me tell you something hoss, if you are from the Palmetto State, you can rank on Pedro. If not, STHU. My dog gets sick sometimes when I feed it real food too. Be thankful for the family memory you had of ya'll sniffing out a fire hydrant to do a group squat. It had to be quite the bonding moment.

Your characterization of coot fans was spot on. No argument there. But have you looked in the mirror at UGA fans? Never have so many, talked so much about accomplishing so little. So go "whoof whoof" all you want but look deep inside and you know what we all know. UGA is Citrus Bowl bound this year. Ya'll will Kirby it up before season's end. Oh you might make it to Atlanta (which is nice because that's a shorter drive for most of ya'll than Athens). However like a wave breaking on the shore, Bama will beat you down again. Once again you'll be left on the message board commiserating that your losses were to Bama and a "realy good" #25th ranked Florida team.

You'll likely pound the chickens this weekend. You are the better team. Afterwards, no doubt, you will laugh it up with them in the parking lots. The Milwaukee's Best will flow freely. They'll pat you on the back and say how much they hope you beat Bama. You'll tell them what a great guy Muschamp is and that they should give him time and he will make you a powerhouse. Ya'll spend time in a SEC circle jerk and giggle like school girls after you trade Clemson jokes. Once the case of beer is consumed, you'll shake hands, kiss goodbye, and head your separate ways on I-20. Getting home, you'll both jump on the internet and talk #### about each other and how backwards the fan bases are. Ahhh the SEC....it really in truly means more.

I hate the coots with every fiber of my body. I want no good to ever come their way. That said, I feel the same about UGA. I hate UGA enough to say this, "Go Gameocks, Ruin the Bulldog's season." I just vomited at little, but I mean it.

This hack apparently has never been to rural Georgia or

Oct 9, 2019, 12:57 PM

rural Alabama. What a broad brush with which he paints South Carolina.

But, I do agree about the coots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Oct 9, 2019, 1:06 PM

His description is spot on. What he fails to realize....jawja is the exact same people.... with a good football team. Jawja fans maybe more classless

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

“If Georgia loses...”? What is wrong with this kid?***

Oct 9, 2019, 1:27 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 9, 2019, 1:45 PM

This was a reasonably accurate report on our neighbors to the east. I agree wholeheartedly with everything the author states regarding the fandom at the University of South Carolina.

I find it interesting that the author chooses to go on the attack with regards to the state itself, the roads, and some of the businesses that cater to low brow citizens. My main issue with this is that Georgia is not some cultural Mecca where people go to escape escape the trashy ness of the south. North Georgia certainly has their share of Appalachia, and South Georgia has its share of Kid Rocking American Badasses, so I’m not sure how his k-9 brain can really conjure up a whole host of differences in the people as a whole.

I will agree that a game day in Columbia is like chum for the kind of people he is talking about and serves to concentrate a large portion of them in one place so perhaps he was fooled by that. If he were to go to Charleston or furman, kiawah, hilton head, the citadel, Wofford or Clemson on a game day I’m sure he’d have a far different opinion. I don’t blame him as I’ve had similar beliefs about Georgia’s people after experiencing a game in Athens.

Any ways other than this point of contention, the remainder of his conclusion is spot on.

Oct 9, 2019, 3:39 PM

I'll give the writer the benefit of the doubt for the absolute wrecking dished out towards USofC. Also, Clemson and Columbia are world's away in terms of natural beauty, so I will assume they are only talking about the midlands. Lastly, anyone willing to bash the '##### in this manner is OK in my book, even a Georgia fan

Oct 9, 2019, 2:35 PM

My name is LCTiger97, and I approve this message.????

Oct 9, 2019, 3:35 PM

Most enjoyable UGA article I've ever read

Pot meet Kettle

Oct 9, 2019, 4:09 PM

Seriously?

Their fans are ALMOST as bad as SCAR's. The only reason I say almost is that I haven't heard of them getting in on in parking lots and at least they have some decent history as a football team to brag about.

Re: Pot meet Kettle

Oct 9, 2019, 6:47 PM

You forgot to mention their 87 recruiting championships and 87 preseason Natty’s lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

laugh at south of the border all you want

Oct 9, 2019, 7:03 PM

gone but not forgotten in ga

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2019, 8:05 PM

I knew I hated Georgia when Kevin Butler kicked that 60 yard field goal
https://youtu.be/m5aiwxSfdH0

Re: UGA Writer:

Oct 9, 2019, 8:28 PM

When a Georgia fan has the balls to look down at you it must be bad.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA Writer:

Oct 9, 2019, 10:32 PM

Oct 9, 2019, 10:21 PM

"that hellscape of heatstroke and awful late-90’s techno"
This guy is alright.

Oct 9, 2019, 11:24 PM

Oct 9, 2019, 11:43 PM

I'll give him another reason to hate our state. Georgia is "The Peach State." At some point we passed them in US peach production knocking them into 3rd*.

*California is 1st.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2019, 11:45 PM

California Peaches suck, they are smooth & not fuzzy

Message was edited by: Watkins Hopkins®

Oct 10, 2019, 5:01 AM

South on I-95 to I-20 and then East to Columbia.....

No wonder his old man was always upset, he had no sense of direction.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2019, 4:58 PM

Makes you wonder which direction he was driving when he passed Ol' Pedro. Maybe it's the state of NORTH Carolina he has hated all these years and just didn't know any better, along with USC's football team.

Oct 15, 2019, 12:23 PM

I have to bump this with the question, "I wonder how this guy was doing Saturday afternoon?"

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic