Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA Recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

UGA Recruiting

Jul 15, 2018, 11:10 AM

Seems like they are on fire. Their average per star is amazing. I hate thUGA but understand their appeal. Is Kirby playing straight is my question.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA Recruiting

Jul 15, 2018, 11:17 AM

They are stacked and building something powerful. They will be a consistently a top 5 team over the next 10 years. I would imagine a couple national titles too

When Saban retires, is Clemson vs....

Jul 15, 2018, 1:46 PM

Georgia the next BIG THING?

I like what you selling there...

Jul 15, 2018, 2:17 PM

The focus of college football power is in our little corner of I-85.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Re: When Saban retires, is Clemson vs....

Jul 15, 2018, 2:19 PM [ in reply to When Saban retires, is Clemson vs.... ]

I think anytime Clemson plays Georgia or Bama for the next decade it will be a big deal.

Jul 15, 2018, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA Recruiting ]

Looks like I picked a good time to go to Georgia. Between my tigers and my new school, hopefully I get to go to a natty in the next couple of years.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2018, 11:20 AM

Depends on your definition of “playing
straight”.

I think all coaches are able to stretch the truth a little bit and manipulate players Into wanting to go one place over another. Some would say that Dabo has even used some dirty tactics, and he may have though I think he’s one of the more honest recruiters out there for the most part.

I certainly think there are coach willing to say or do anything along with overlook a lot to get players to sign. We’ll see down the road with Kirby. Haven’t been there long enough to know for sure.

Please elaborate

Jul 15, 2018, 11:30 AM

On said accusations against Dabo?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please elaborate

Jul 15, 2018, 11:36 AM

You’ll hear crickets

Jul 15, 2018, 11:47 AM

Oh I have no doubt, just giving an honest chance but we all know there will be no creditable response...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2018, 12:56 PM

EEtiger needs to worry about his own team playing straight. They have not done that in decades and still can't win anything.

Jul 15, 2018, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA Recruiting ]

Good gracious people, I should have expected some of these responses. I was referring to things like Jack Carman admitting that DaBo told him Urban was getting old and might retire. Things if that nature. That was a baseless comment and no truth to it. Never implied that Dabo has or would do anything pointedly dishonest or crooked. There are coaches out there that are morally corrupt and would outright lie or cheat to get their way.

Jul 15, 2018, 3:00 PM

Urban Meyer is only 54 and Dabo is 48. Maybe Dabo was just being funny.

Urban also has an edge in heart “attacks”

Jul 16, 2018, 7:50 AM

Which is just about the only scoreboard against Clemson he has points on

Jul 15, 2018, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA Recruiting ]

Good to know the go to guy for inside information on our Football Coach.

Jul 15, 2018, 4:17 PM

I’d hope you wouldn’t rely on anyone outside of Mr. Hood on Tnet for your insider info. Here’s the first think that google provided to support what I mention. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/12/20/jackson-carm-signs-clemson-ohio-state-urban-meyer-back-end-career/969485001/

Now if you snowflake Lefties will excuse me, I’m going to go re-enter the real world. Time to head back to church.

Anyone else smell chicken?***

Jul 15, 2018, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA Recruiting ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone else smell chicken?***

Jul 15, 2018, 11:35 PM

Yes......

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2018, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA Recruiting ]

Let’s not forget the interview Carman gave on signing day saying what the staff had said about Urban. It probably wasn’t untrue but also in that gray area that people that want to see us taken down a peg would label “dirty recruiting”

That being said UGA is kicking it up a notch. Don’t forget Salyer’s continued car trouble every time he was about to take a visit down here.

Jul 15, 2018, 2:00 PM

My take is Kirby Smart and UGA recruiting is more legit than not. Never been a Smart fan, but Georgia is a big-time recruiting state -- my understanding is more players per capita in NFL than any state. Smart can also sell being a UGA alum who can speak with sincerity, a quality DC, and St. Nick has taught him a trick or two. Savvy UGA recruiters sell recruits Smart will be at UGA for life, Saban is about to leave in a couple of years, and there is a high likelihood Dabo will leave for his alma mater Bama (which Dabo rightly does not address) when Saban retires. Still, it is effective recruiting trench warfare to attempt to keep the desired GA players in state.

Pulled this interesting chart from business insider article.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2018, 2:06 PM

quote : "there is a high likelihood Dabo will leave for his alma mater Bama".

Where is your evidence that this may be the case. I say there is a low likelihood that Dabo would leave Clemson for his alma mater.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2018, 2:10 PM

UGA will continue to recruit well as long as they keep winning and players get drafted well.

Jul 15, 2018, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA Recruiting ]

True. Let's say he did go, who is to say that a guy like Jeff Scott doesn't take control and do great things? I don't think Dabo goes anywhere though.

Jul 15, 2018, 2:53 PM

Just a feeling, but I think Tony Elliot might be the one .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope not

Jul 16, 2018, 7:53 AM

He seems like a great guy but Scott is the better recruiter which means almost everything in today’s game and personally I haven’t been a fan of Elliott’s playcalling. Too many times he’s gone away from what’s working only to completely stall out the drive and it happens several times a game

Jul 15, 2018, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA Recruiting ]

Listen guys...UGa has always had players and receuited well...Kirby has done something with them that nobody else has since Herschel...we have plucked ga in the past but not made our living there...still won’t...it’s ok...there will always be a program that’s on our level or slightly above but with Dabo we are always gonna be in the mix!!! Both recruiting wise and on the field!!!

It’s all any program can ask for ... us, bama, uga right now...a few years ago you could include Ohio st...we are where we want to be...enjoy the freaking ride my friends!!!

Tiger Links

Jul 15, 2018, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA Recruiting ]

Did you miss this is what UGA recruiters tell kids interested in Clemson? Guess so.

Jul 16, 2018, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA Recruiting ]

Well you know Frank and Danny both packed up and went back to Bama ? Wait Wut

Dabo is not going anywhere

Jul 15, 2018, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA Recruiting ]

How do they determine which state they are from? Is it where they played high school football, where they played in college, or just where they were raised? How they determine this would have a major influence on how these numbers come out.

Jul 15, 2018, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA Recruiting ]

I don’t think Soc was saying Dabo will leave but that’s the word on the street. I thought he presented a really good profile of uga recruiting. I personally still think ks is a snake and wouldn’t stop at anything or selling snakoil to get it... one reason I despise uga and want them to flop.

As op said, if they keep winning they will get those recruits to stay at home. Quite possibly be why Dabo is expanding our footprint. He knows a lot of talent in Texas and Cali. No doubt in my mind they’ve seen these charts and plus some. Hence way out in front of anyone on here... maybe.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's right Kerrigan but all is fair in recruiting

Jul 15, 2018, 8:12 PM

I am sure our staff is also well versed in counter-espionage.

Jul 15, 2018, 2:33 PM

Eh, they only have 10 recruits. Their 2018 class was impressive, but they don't have that same momentum for 2019.

Jul 15, 2018, 2:38 PM

How many are they taking?

Jul 15, 2018, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA Recruiting ]

K_arena1 said:

Eh, they only have 10 recruits. Their 2018 class was impressive, but they don't have that same momentum for 2019.

Word is Kirby has 5-6 silents with 3-5 of them ready to pop in the next 30 days. I'm not sure on the numbers......taking 20-22?

Jul 15, 2018, 3:13 PM

I was looking at Walter Campbell mock NFL draft for 2020. They have the top 3, your boy Fromm going first, Tua whatever his name going 2nd, and then your dude Eason going 3rd overall. I doubt that happens, but that would be crazy if a backup went 3rd overall.

Probably better off not looking at Walter Football***

Jul 15, 2018, 7:05 PM

Jul 15, 2018, 3:36 PM

I don't think any big time program in the country is really "playing straight". They are in a hot bed of recruiting talent, they are always gonna get theirs. We're gonna get ours too.

Jul 15, 2018, 4:29 PM

Unfortunately for the leg humpers you don't get trophies for recruiting championships.

Mar 28, 2024, 9:31 PM

I think UGA's recruiting is as legit as any other college football team - meaning they generally play the recruiting game within the rules.

The amount of football talent in Georgia is staggering. After having lived in Georgia several times over my Army career, I can tell you that UGA has little to no in state competition regarding it's recruiting. The mix of UGA to "other fans" in that state is 90% leg humper to 10% other. Kids in the state grow up with this landslide of UGA fandom and so there is a natural tendency for them to want to play for (or at least strongly consider) UGA even if being recruited by out of state powerhouses.

At the end of the day, UGA has always recruited well so their recent classes of high star ratings is not very far from their historical norms. They aren't like Ole Miss - going from bottom dweller to top recruiting class in one year.

Where UGA is killing it right now is with Sam Pittman (O-line coach). I hate the leg humpers as much as the next Tiger fan, but they have a top notch coach/recruiter in Pittman and the results are evident in the O-line field performance and recruiting quality. Quite frankly, it would not hurt my feelings to see Pittman leave UGA for the NFL or another coaching gig in the near future...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA is one of the places you don't have to cheat to win.

Jul 15, 2018, 8:19 PM

You might have to be blind and dumb to keep some of the guys they sign on the field but you don't have to cheat.

It's in the SEC and in the weakest division and has a history of being a good football school. I'm confident they have plenty of easy fields of study and the players can get 'extra,' credit for work they can subcontract out to other students. Right now they are close to being ESPiN darlings too.

Not all teams which win at the highest level had to cheat to get there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

their recruiting is no different from the last 10 yrs.

Jul 15, 2018, 9:27 PM

the question is will Kirby make a difference

Re: their recruiting is no different from the last 10 yrs.

Jul 16, 2018, 7:22 AM

Agreed, they’ve always had outstanding recruiting classes but Richt could never win a big game. I mean who remembers when they beat us out for both Gurley and Marshall?

They lost a lot from last years team I think they take a step back this year.

Jul 16, 2018, 8:57 AM

Look I hate UGA just as much as the next guy but you can’t fault them for what they are doing on the recruiting trail. Kirby and his staff have been grinding and getting it done just like ours have. To accuse them of cheating without proof makes us sound like a bunch douchers like the clowns around the mid state area. Much props to them...I hope we play them.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic