Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA RB Elijah Holyfield to Panthers (UDFA)***
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

UGA RB Elijah Holyfield to Panthers (UDFA)***

Apr 27, 2019, 11:41 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA RB Elijah Holyfield to Panthers (UDFA)***

Apr 27, 2019, 11:47 PM

If the Panthers were smart they would support Clemson guys and realize it would payoff in results, attendance and revenue. I use to go to several Panther games a year but I’d rather stay home and watch our Clemson guys play in Houston, Raiders and etc.

If they only like coots maybe they should draft a couple, they should have a couple in the next 5 years or so unless every year is like last year....lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Apr 28, 2019, 12:31 AM

I’m kind of enjoying having 3 Clemson Tigers on the NY Giants myself. :)

Apr 28, 2019, 12:50 AM

Yea my Chargers have 3 WRs from WRU now. Better us than the Panthers lol.

Apr 28, 2019, 9:16 AM

I will not watch another North Carolina Panthers game, unless they are playing one of my teams...
Oakland Raiders, Houston Texans, Miami Dolphins, Atlanta Falcons, NY Giants, KC Chiefs and LA Chargers.

Apr 28, 2019, 9:54 AM

I can't stand the Panthers! They have no idea what they needed to do to get both Carolinas solidly behind them. It is not like they could not have drafted players from Clemson (and other local universities) that would have helped them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you really think the Panthers would get more fans and sell more tickets

Apr 28, 2019, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA RB Elijah Holyfield to Panthers (UDFA)*** ]

just because they drafted a Clemson player or two? Because I don’t.

Many fans already have NFL teams they cheer for and aren’t going to change allegiances just because a team drafts a Clemson player. The few
fans who do start cheering for the Panthers for this reason are unlikely to become hardcore lifelong fans who buy season tickets.

A much smarter decision for the Panthers is to draft players they feel will help them win more games, regardless of where they went to college. That is what will bring more fans.

There is no Panthers conspiracy to avoid drafting Clemson players. But as a Falcons fan who can’t stand the Panthers, I do find the conspiracy theory quite entertaining.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Good post Judge

Apr 28, 2019, 11:59 AM

They’re not intentionally avoiding Clemson players. But the effect of having a couple on their team is negligible in terms of getting more revenue from Clemson fans that weren’t Panther fans before but would become ones if they had taken a couple Tigers.

I’ve lived in the Charlotte area basically ever since I graduated Clemson so I passively follow them but I mainly follow former Clemson players and guys I have on my fantasy team and the Panthers taking Clemson guys wouldn’t really affect my consumption habits.

Apr 28, 2019, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA RB Elijah Holyfield to Panthers (UDFA)*** ]

The Panthers bave sold out every game for decades.

Ever since the Unitas days

Apr 28, 2019, 1:17 PM

Good times

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic