Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UCF’s path to the CFP
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,304

UCF’s path to the CFP

Nov 25, 2018, 12:42 AM

Oklahoma and Ohio St lose their conference championships. It would be the only way they could possibly get in. At the beginning of the day, I didn’t think it was possible. Now they’ve got to pray for two miracles.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UCF’s path to the CFP

Nov 25, 2018, 12:43 AM

Or, Saban makes a call and says he wants to play UCF.

Nov 25, 2018, 12:47 AM

Screw UCF, they don’t deserve to be in the cfp, nor do they need to move any higher than where they are. Every team can go undefeated with a cupcake schedule week in and week out. Kudos for them playing two p5 teams but those two teams were hot garbage.

Find a conference to get in. Sorry, that’s my opinion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 12:56 AM

Why are they even allowed to play in the same division if going undefeated two years in a row isn't good enough to get into the CFP? Seems like if you aren't in the "Power 5" you should probably work to form your own division and stop hoping and praying other teams will lose 2 and 3 games so you as an undefeated team, two years running, can get a shot at a national championship. Everyone plays to win a championship, and if you can't even get into the top 4 after going undefeated for two straight years, it might be time to look at forming a division that consists of the 1A teams that aren't in the power 5.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 1:16 AM [ in reply to Re: UCF’s path to the CFP ]

Respectfully disagree about deserving to go. Just look how many teams have gone undefeated in the playoff era. UCF can play. Just ask Pitt whether they would rather face UCF or the CFP shoe-in ND.

That said, I expect ESPN (aka CFP committee) will agree with you. They will take a two loss conference champion or even two loss SEC runner up UGa over UCF. Too much money to be lost if the supremacy of the p5 were to come into question.

First things first, they have to beat Memphis without

Nov 25, 2018, 12:47 AM

Mackenzie Milton. Not so sure they would've beaten Memphis in the regular season without him and Memphis turning the ball over late. That game might open up as a pick 'em in Vegas.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,304
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic