Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UCF has an opportunity...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

UCF has an opportunity...

Dec 18, 2018, 8:50 AM

...but their delicate feelings are so hurt that they are not treated as an "equal". This is a continuation of UCF whining.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/open-mike/os-sp-ucf-gators-danny-white-scott-stricklin-college-football-playoff-20181216-story,amp.html

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see what you did there. They have the opportunity but don’t have enough

Dec 18, 2018, 8:53 AM

O to get it done.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Morans. It's like they just want an excuse to keep

Dec 18, 2018, 9:11 AM

beechin about getting left out of the playoff. You want respect? Play twice at UF and beat them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Why doesn't Clemson go ahead and grant these fools

Dec 18, 2018, 9:15 AM

wish and squash their dreams all in one weekend?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UCF needs to suck it up for a year or 2

Dec 18, 2018, 9:18 AM

and do like Boise St, TCU and FSU have done in the past. Just go play the games wherever and prove you belong. Bobby Bowden when he was starting up FSU would play anybody anywhere. He didn’t care. He earned the respect.

UCF plays in a #### poor conference. It’s awful. Look at records of teams in it. They did beat Pitt this year. I will give them that and they beat Auburn with a month to prepare. I can promise Mr White that they would be a 4 loss team in ACC/B12/B10/Pac12.

UCF is starting to turn into that little kid from a Christmas Story. The one that hung out with the big bully and barked real loud until he got punched in the mouth.

I almost wish CLemson/UGA or Bama would call their bluff and offer 1 for 1 Series with them.

Re: UCF needs to suck it up for a year or 2

Dec 18, 2018, 9:45 AM

+1 here.

UCF isn't on the same level as a P5 (yet... or maybe ever). Just a few years ago they were 0-12. There is no guarantee that they will be above .500 by 2021, but there is the guarantee that UF will be a premiere 'TV/ticket sales' program... even at 4-8. A 4-8 UCF on the otherhand might as well be "Temple".

Right now, they need to take any opportunity to be relevant if they want to be taken seriously. There is a reason why they are a non-power 5 school. Consider the P5 schools that do schedule UCF... UNC, GT, Pitt, and Louisville. All mid-tier ACC schools. Beating these school is obviously not where they want to be if they want to be taken as a legitimate NC contender. Are they bad matches, no, but That tells us that UCF is a mid-tier school. If you want to be elite, you need to accept the terms of the elite school. Sure, the UF terms are not endearing to UCF but why should UF risk scheduling that might or might not be relevant in a few years? This isn't Texas, Cal, Wisconsin, or even VT that has a brand and value reguardless of the the wins/loses. UCF only has value as a 12-0 team right now, if they were even 10-2 or even a 11-1 team, their value would decrease by about 80%-90%.

Dec 18, 2018, 9:54 AM [ in reply to UCF needs to suck it up for a year or 2 ]

“They did beat Pitt this year”

Exactly. So don’t bash their conference when they demolished the ACC Coastal champion.

Dec 18, 2018, 10:29 AM

There a re probably a few high school teams that could win the ACC Coastal.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2018, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: UCF needs to suck it up for a year or 2 ]

And North Carolina beat Pitt... so is the Cheater Hill team a good team?

That is the issue with UCF vs a P5 conference. It isn't that they can beat one 7-6 team. Even in the Coastal, you need to beat a lot of 7-5 teams. That is something the AAC does not offer. Were some of the AAC squads better than the ACC squads? Yeah, the Coastal was that bad. However, no AAC team beat a Atlantic squad.

That is what makes a P5 schedule different from a non5 team. Miami is still "decent" even when they are down. Duke was the best OOC team and they finished 2nd from last in the Coastal. Even playing a down ACC schedule still is a lot more demanding than the AAC. Comparatively, the ACC is historically 'all time' bad (UCONN), those mid-level team like Tulane still lost to Wake, Temple to Buffalo and BC.

And finally, beating Pitt deserves an asterisk. We all know the Coastal had a suicide pact not to play Clemson for the ACCCG after our D returned. With UNC, Miami, and VT all being thrashed so badly it caused following seasons to tank, they did not want to win their division. They drew straws and Pitt got the short one.

Dec 18, 2018, 11:41 AM

UNC beat Pitt by a field goal. UCF drubbed them by 31 points.

Dec 18, 2018, 3:28 PM

UNC beat Pitt... the same UNC that got drummed by a 3-8 ECU team. Without that win UNC would have been 0-and-Louisvilled in conference.

Here's how I'd peg UCF in each division this year.

Dec 18, 2018, 9:57 AM [ in reply to UCF needs to suck it up for a year or 2 ]

ACC Atlantic
Clemson
UCF
Syracuse
NC State
BC
FSU
Wake
Louisville

ACC Coastal
UCF
Pittsburgh
GT
UVA
Miami
VT
Duke
UNC

Big12
Oklahoma
Texas
Iowa State
West Virginia
UCF
TCU
Baylor
Oklahoma State
Kansas State
Texas Tech
Kansas

Big10 East
Ohio State
Michigan
UCF
Penn State
Michigan State
Maryland
Indiana
Rutgers

Big10 West
UCF
Northwestern
Iowa
Purdue
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Nebraska
Illinois

Pac12 South
UCF
Utah
Arizona State
Arizona
USC
UCLA
Colorado

Pac12 North
Washington
Wazzu
Stanford
Oregon
UCF
California
Oregon State

SEC East
UGA
UCF
Florida
Kentucky
SCar
Mizzou
Vandy
Tennessee

SEC West
Alabama
Texas A&M
LSU
Mississippi State
UCF
Auburn
Ole Miss
Arkansas

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's how I'd peg UCF in each division this year.

Dec 18, 2018, 10:56 AM

I would put it....

Clemson
Cuse
NCState
BC/UCF
Wake
FSU
L

The reason being is that Cuse, State, and BC at least have a pulse on D. I could see BC calming out UCF and just running over them if healthy. I see NC State as the Better O and collectively better D. Cuse would likely thrash em.

In the SEC.... they can't play D so, maybe 3-5 in the least if they play Arky as the crossover? Otherwise 2-6.

UGA
UF
Kent
SCAR
Mizzu
UCF

I would almost expect them to struggle with Tenn/Vandy.

We'll never know...

Dec 18, 2018, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Here's how I'd peg UCF in each division this year. ]

since UCF doesn't have the sack to play any of those teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You realize they've scheduled ACC teams each of the L2Y

Dec 18, 2018, 11:40 AM

only to have the games cancelled due to weather, right?

Scheduling one or two mediocre P5 opponents each year...

Dec 18, 2018, 12:16 PM

isn't going to change anyone's impression of UCF.

They need to schedule four games each year against upper level P5 opponents instead of games with UConn, SC State, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Austin Peay, and Tulane.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 of the teams you mentioned were conference games.

Dec 18, 2018, 1:11 PM

Not much they can do about those. They have games against Stanford and Pitt next year. Had scheduled games against UNC and Pitt this year. GT and Maryland last year. They are trying to schedule those games, but teams like us are in a lose-lose position playing them.

Dec 18, 2018, 2:28 PM [ in reply to UCF needs to suck it up for a year or 2 ]

Ralphie kicked the living poop out of Scott Farkus' ### when given the chance.

The little side kick didn't get beat up... it was the bully.

If you are going to be witty, be accurate. Then again, I could be wrong but I have no recollection of Grover Dill being beat up. I think maybe Scott punched him in the arm, but not sure.

Anyway, the still fake playoff needs to be expanded if they are going to continue this ruse that it is for all FBS teams.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ROFL...

Dec 18, 2018, 9:30 AM

"I think that our team has shown on the field that we are far from a typical ‘non-autonomy 5’ opponent.”

Really...and how exactly has your team shown that !?!?!?!

By beating Auburn in the Peach Fil A Bowl last year?

I've got news for you UCF, you are absolutely a typical ‘non-autonomy 5’ opponent and scheduling a game or two against a mediocre Florida team isn't going to change that.

Re: ROFL...

Dec 18, 2018, 9:37 AM

In their defense they did schedule UNC this year but got cancelled. How can they have known that UNC would be as bad as they were 3 or 4 years ago when the game was scheduled?

Well...

Dec 18, 2018, 9:50 AM

considering that UNCheat has only won 9 or more games in season just two times since 1997 (that's just twice in 21 years), UCF certainly knew or should have know that UNCheat was no real powerhouse.

And GT last year that got cancelled***

Dec 18, 2018, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Re: ROFL... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: ROFL...

Dec 18, 2018, 2:20 PM [ in reply to ROFL... ]

It isnt UCF's fault that the circumstances of their conference scheduling, and their current success are detrimental to them.

UCF is stuck between a rock and a hard place. They used to be one of those tiny schools other teams like Florida and Clemson would beat up on. They were another cupcake like the Citadel. Now they aren't.

Florida doesnt want to play UCF. They are scared. That is why they offered UCF a bogus deal, a deal that ensures home field advantage and the greatest environment for Florida to have an advantage. 2 games in Gainesville with 1 game at a neutral site? Give me a break.

Florida wants to treat UCF as if they are Furman: an easy cupcake game that will pad Florida's season. Problem is, UCF is NOT Furman and is clearly capable of beating the Gators. In order to play UCF, Florida would have to do what all schools do, and pay UCF for the time. You know Clemson pays Furman close to $1 million to get Furman to come to Death Valley to lose. Florida wants to do the same with UCF. Problem is, UCF can very handily beat Florida, so Florida doesnt want to pay UCF bookoo $$ to get their butts kicked by a former cupcake.

Hence, Florida wanting 2 games in a row with guaranteed Gator home field advantage, and 1 neutral site game that still doesnt allow UCF any home field advantage, but makes it look like they do.

Re: UCF has an opportunity...

Dec 18, 2018, 9:55 AM

Guessing I'm in the minority. I'm impressed with UCF they went undefeated after losing their HC and star QB throughout the year. I definitely think they'd be a fit in the ACC, we could dump wake, UVA, Louisville, or Pitt and UCF would be an upgrade. UCF could easily make the move to a P5 conference and they should jmo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 18, 2018, 9:57 AM

They have a legitimate complaint.

They are an FBS team that hasn’t lost a game in 2 years but can’t play for the FBS national championship.

It’s the height of stupidity and yet here you are defending it.

Smh....

Wrong again coot...forget the past...they have been offered

Dec 18, 2018, 10:16 AM

2 games at UF and 1 game at UCF. Such a power as UCF should be able to go 3-0 so I don't get the whining. Moving forward, take UF on their offer.

somebody said it wasn't a UCF "home" game . . .

Dec 18, 2018, 10:25 AM

FL was offering a "neutral site" game in Orlando - which would mean SPLIT TIXS & SPLIT GATE REVENUE - everything would be split 50/50.

A far cry from a "home game" - at least from a $$$$$ standpoint.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Dec 18, 2018, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Re: UCF has an opportunity... ]

UCF AD is a smart guy. He’s using the Florida stuff to market his team but smart enough to no schedule Florida. They have alphas a cute little run but a non P5 school can’t maintain it (see Boise State). Eventually the Kellen Moore’s of the world leave and you stink again.

UCF is doing what they should, whining and getting their name in the media. However, they know they won’t actually get a shot in the playoff nor do they want one. Win win, be in the media and not have a the real shot of getting beat by 50 by the likes of real football powers.

How can you keep up with all those bad opinions?***

Dec 18, 2018, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: UCF has an opportunity... ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I no longer have any sympathy for them

Dec 18, 2018, 10:20 AM

TCU came and played Clemson at Clemson without us going there. They didn't cry about it.

I lost all respect for them...

Dec 18, 2018, 11:03 AM

when they hung a big 2017 National Championship sign on the front of the stadium and then bought their players 2017 National Championship rings.

Re: I lost all respect for them...

Dec 18, 2018, 2:25 PM

Why? UCF has ever right to claim the 2017 national championship. The NCAA even agreed with UCF back in August 2018 AND made an official statement recognizing UCF as the 2017 champions.

In the official record books, Alabama is the 2017 Playoff Champion, and UCF is the 2017 NCAA Champion. 2017 ended with a co-national champions, which hasnt happened in over 20 years.

UCF's record speaks for itself.

They played a harder schedule than Bama.
Won their conference division and conference championship, unlike Alabama.
Beat the only team that beat Alabama (Auburn).
Ended the 2017 season as the only undefeated Division 1 FBS team.

So Bama ain't a NCAA champion?

Dec 18, 2018, 2:28 PM

LOL!

Dec 18, 2018, 10:34 AM

The really sad/funny thing is that they are very likely to lose their coach to one of the programs they are complaining about before they ever get their shot. It is a self-reinforcing system of incumbent protection.

Dec 18, 2018, 11:00 AM

That school is gonna miss Danny White, he sure is doing a great job irritating all the big guys ... UF should play them...

UCF= The Millenials of College Football***

Dec 18, 2018, 1:17 PM

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

Dec 18, 2018, 2:26 PM

No to disparage all millenials so don't get your panties in a wad if you fall into that group...it's just a generalization.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic