Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UCF gives players national championship rings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

UCF gives players national championship rings

Apr 22, 2018, 8:37 AM

https://twitter.com/UCF_Football/status/987844229643816960?s=19

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s pitiful

Apr 22, 2018, 8:42 AM

Why don’t they schedule real teams and let’s see if they finish undefeated.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That’s pitiful

Apr 22, 2018, 5:24 PM

No "real" team would schedule them.

There is just no reason for any good power 5 team to schedule good mid majors. If you win no one cares, but if you lose you're the laughing stock of CFB.

We should just stop pretending the non power 5 teams have a chance and let them have their own playoffs.

Make the power 5 conference champ games the first round of the playoffs, jst make the top big 12 team play the top pac 12 team, and bam no committee, not drama, simple path to win and you're in.

Pathetic. So anyone can just self proclaim themselves....

Apr 22, 2018, 9:03 AM

Champs now. I guess Auburn should go back and buy some 2004 rings.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And I just crowned myself King of England

Apr 22, 2018, 9:10 AM

Proclaiming and celebrating something doesn’t make it true. This is an adult version of a temper tantrum and poor sportsmanship. This is a black eye for that university and speaks volumes about its administration ??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UCF gives players national championship rings

Apr 22, 2018, 9:27 AM

Like Hillary supporters, UCF can’t accept a reality where they did not come out on top

Apr 22, 2018, 12:35 PM

Like Trump has taught us all....its ok to say bat $hit crazy things and refer to them as fact. As long as the person saying the statement has convinced themselves that the lie is fact, then all is well. The supporters too will repeat and support because their guy said it.

And so UCF fans and alumni will repeat and buy into it because their leaders have said so.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Youre an idiot. There is a fact for you.***

Apr 22, 2018, 3:42 PM

Apr 22, 2018, 9:32 AM

More of today's "Everyone get's trophy". This a joke and I'd be embarrassed if I was one of the kids who got one.

Apr 22, 2018, 9:45 AM

I would be embarrassed also..... who knows the cost to design and make. At least they can pawn or melt it down and get some $$$

Apr 22, 2018, 9:59 AM

Pretty cuckish if you ask me

^^^^ post is underrated***

Apr 22, 2018, 3:06 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2018, 10:23 AM

I understand all the negative comments towards this and to some degree agree with the general sentiment. However, I think that intention is important here... I don’t know their intention. But I speculate that it is more of a statement to push for inclusion of non-power 5 schools into the playoffs. I agree, one way to achieve this is to beef up the non-conference schedules. But this is another angle to put pressure on the selection committee.

Apr 22, 2018, 10:36 AM

I agree with you and think it’s a good point on them pushing for non power5 inclusion.

Sure wish the committee thought they should have have been in, which would have kicked Bama out top 4. Then UCF could have had a chance to really earn those rings.

^^^This is exactly the intention

Apr 22, 2018, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: UCF gives players national championship rings ]

Make enough noise in hopes to cause the playoff committee to think about it expanding to 8 teams which includes the highest ranked non power 5 team.

So it may look stupid but it’s actually pretty smart by the UCF administration and I bet the other non power 5 schools are supporting it, and will do the same when they go undefeated if no changes to current system are made.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2018, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: UCF gives players national championship rings ]

Terrible, childish approach to the issue at hand. Alabama should not have been in the playoffs and UCF shouldn't have national championship rings.

Apr 22, 2018, 11:58 AM

Who are you putting in at #4 instead of Bama?

Exactly. And that's why i love that they are doing it.

Apr 22, 2018, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: UCF gives players national championship rings ]

It will probably fall on deaf ears, but at least they are doing something.

You want in? Play a real schedule.***

Apr 22, 2018, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Re: UCF gives players national championship rings ]

We beat Auburn too. I guess that makes us co- national

Apr 22, 2018, 10:42 AM

champs.

No. Because we lost elsewhere. HTH***

Apr 23, 2018, 12:14 PM

Good for them!

Apr 22, 2018, 11:02 AM

They are no less a champion than a team that had a weak conference schedule, didn't win their division, didn't participate in conference championship. Yet by the grace of "History", were let into an extremely limited seating playoff. :/

Re: Good for them!

Apr 22, 2018, 11:35 AM

You can't compare any P5 conference slate to the AAC. Louisville would've gone undefeated with UCF's schedule. Do they even have 4 star athletes in the AAC?

No they wouldn't have. For one thing, Louisville had a

Apr 22, 2018, 1:22 PM

better team in 2016 than 2017, and that team still got CRUSHED by a Houston team (they lost 2 years in a row to Houston btw) that was only the 5th or 6th best squad in the AAC that year. Secondly, UCF finished well ahead of Louisville in all of the advanced metrics, and USF and Memphis were both as good or better as well.

I think it's pretty likely Louisville wouldn't have won either division of the AAC, much less gone undefeated.

I love it.

Apr 22, 2018, 1:16 PM

Too many haters in this thread. The current system gives them literally no chance at all of actually playing for a national title, and that's a shame because UCF last year was one of the rare G5 teams good enough to actually compete with the playoff caliber teams from the P5. Would they have won the playoff? Probably not. That doesn't mean it was unfair for them to not even be given an opportunity.

Why not?

Apr 22, 2018, 3:28 PM

UCF is first in the Wolfe ratings system, which is recognized by the NCAA’s handbook as a “major” selector for national champions.

Alabama has claimed multiple "sketchy" national championships, some of which aren't recognized by the NCAA.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/alabama-still-claims-most-national-titles-with-some-sketchy-counting/

Re: Why not?

Apr 23, 2018, 12:09 PM

with BAMA logic Clemson should have 3-4 since we have been undefeated 2x before 1981

I don’t think we were playing enough games for ratings systems to put us #1***

Apr 23, 2018, 12:16 PM

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic