Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tyshon Dye
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Tyshon Dye

Sep 18, 2015, 11:49 AM

I must admit that I am biased concerning my question. I'm from Elberton, Ga and just want to know, what's the deal with "TY-Dye" not getting Any playing time? Does he not deserve any? If Clemson doesn't need him...encourage him to transfer. By the way I am a die hard Georgia fan but have been following clemson as well for several years, even before Tyshon came there. If someone has inside info, please share because we are frustrated in Ga.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tyshon Dye

Sep 18, 2015, 11:55 AM

He has had a back injury and a torn Achilles. Probably not gonna ever be what he was. Think fuller and Brookes are better at this point.

Sep 18, 2015, 12:01 PM

Thanks for the response...but I just BELIEVE..

Sep 18, 2015, 11:55 AM

He is 3rd on the depth chart. Gallman played his butt off last night and CJ Davidson is a senior that played well in limited duty as the backup. I imagine that Dye will get some opportunities as the year progresses and will undoubtedly be an important piece of the puzzle next year (though Tavien Feaster is coming and some think he will supplant all of the current backs once he gets on campus).

Sep 18, 2015, 12:04 PM

If Tyshon was given the chance to run two or three straight series, I am sure he would do very well also...Just give him a chance...If he does not produce enough....bench him.

Sep 18, 2015, 12:08 PM

I understand what you are saying, but last night Gallman had the hot hand from the beginning. You have to ride the hot hand in that kind of environment.

Sep 18, 2015, 12:13 PM

I understand that and I figured out early in the game that it was Gallman's night as he did really well. It would have been foolish to risk a fumble or anything like that in such a tight game...but against App state...I also understand "padding the stats"...furstrated in Ga, at least in Elberton.

Even 1 series could make a difference in breaking...

Sep 18, 2015, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Tyshon Dye ]

...a play. Within 1 series a smart back may detect something in the defensive personnel's playing actions that could not be picked up on film. Gallman was seeing it quickly. In a close game like that, every yard, every play may produce a situation where that very tiny bit of real time knowledge could make the difference. Now, if Gallman was physically weakening toward the end of the game, then that game speed knowledge is probably negated, and you have to bring in another back. But, I don't think we saw that in Gallman last night. I was happy to see him get well over the 100-yard mark against Petrino's defense. I really don't much like Petrino's character.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: Even 1 series could make a difference in breaking...

Sep 18, 2015, 1:42 PM

good observation...but the season is just beginning

Sep 18, 2015, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Tyshon Dye ]

Ty Dye is a pretty popular player around here. I think we'll see a ton of him next year when Davidson and Brooks are gone; at the same time, he has lost a little burst due to injuries. He also needs to do a little better in pass blocking, which will come with time. Give it time; he will be a major contributor at Clemson.

Doubtful

Sep 18, 2015, 12:16 PM

We will be adding Choice ad Feaster. I doubt Dye is ever a factor unless we have injuries. Our running game will be over the top next season.

Re: Doubtful

Sep 18, 2015, 12:19 PM

we'll see...

Sep 18, 2015, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Doubtful ]

Feaster isn't going to be a day 1 starter - really struggling with pass blocking so far. We'll see all 3 getting carries, with Choice a possible transfer.

Sep 18, 2015, 12:26 PM

I will definitely keep my eyes peeled back

Feaster will be in the 3 deep immediately as will Choice...

Sep 18, 2015, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Doubtful ]

when he returns. If that happens Dye will never be a factor. I am not really knocking Dye, but tat is a solid 3 deep. It's hard to even keep 3 rb's completely happy, but the 4th or 5th guy? That's where Dye will be. I believe in Choice and I don't think he transfers. Choice and Feaster will be a great combo in a couple years when Gallman goes to the NFL too. If Choice transfers or someone gets injured than all bets are off.

Re: Feaster will be in the 3 deep immediately as will Choice...

Sep 18, 2015, 1:19 PM

Choice looked slow as heck when healthy. Dye would've received his carries had he not been recovering still.

I think Choice will transfer***

Sep 18, 2015, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Doubtful ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why?**

Sep 18, 2015, 12:54 PM

nm

Because he won't crack the Top 3 on the depth chart***

Sep 18, 2015, 1:10 PM

Well if healthy he would have been 1 or 2 this season.

Sep 18, 2015, 1:22 PM

So if that's your reasoning he is a lock to be back next year. He is a lock for the 3rd guy at worst if healthy. He will play on Sundays one day. I think you're underestimating how talented he is. If he transfer, it won't because he wasn't in the 3 deep.

Play on Sundays? Buddy, have another drink***

Sep 18, 2015, 1:24 PM

Yeah play on Sundays. You're clueless....

Sep 18, 2015, 1:27 PM

and I mean that respectfully. You literally have no idea what you are talking about. Yes, the dude will play on Sundays if he is healthy. The dude was about to be our number 1 guy before injury. Like I said, no offense, but you're about as clueless on this topic as it gets. You'll see.

he's too slow, won't PLAY on Sundays, there's nothing to

Sep 18, 2015, 1:41 PM

see, but I'll wait if it makes you happy...you've got 3 years to start working on your excuse

Oh bless your heart...

Sep 19, 2015, 4:50 AM

He only ran a laser times 4.38. Yeah man, that is really slow. You're so smart. What's it like to be you? Your intelligence is intimidating.

Re: Oh bless your heart...

Sep 19, 2015, 8:13 AM

Do u have a link for that 40 time? That seems hard to believe. That's about as fast as cj spiller when he ran at the combine. Like I said, that's hard to believe.

Re: Oh bless your heart...

Sep 19, 2015, 8:23 AM

I don't know about 40 times, but Choice looked #### good last year before the injury. Dye has never looked quick enough, though he is powerful. I don't think Dye would have worked against Louisville, Gallman has a knack for making tacklers miss and we needed that on Thursday.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2015, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Tyshon Dye ]

hopefully...We Shall See

Sep 18, 2015, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Tyshon Dye ]

Gallman is much better have you not watched them play. Why would they put Dye in front of him when he is better. Sorry he is front your town but he is not good enough to be our starter when we have Wayne. He is a great back and we will need him if Gallman gets hurt. He is a play away from getting alot of time so just relax. The best will play its a team game. Transferring out is like giving up.

Sep 18, 2015, 1:45 PM

I just "Believe"...just my humble opinion...we shall see.

Sep 18, 2015, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Tyshon Dye ]

I'm sorry, but in what world has Davidson "played well in limited duty as the backup"?

He was a fumble machine last year and he's looked considerably worse than Brooks, Dye, and Fuller so far this year despite getting a ton more carries.

I'm sure Davidson is a good kid, and he's a great athlete, but honestly he probably should've stayed on the track team.

Sep 18, 2015, 1:36 PM

Your stupid as hell. Cj earned his back up spot and played good last night. Had a good year towards the end last year and balled out in the spring game. Boy would start in many teams in college football and your going to hate on him like that. He a beast at track and football. Ignorant sob

Sep 19, 2015, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Tyshon Dye ]

I couldn't agree more. Davidson is not a running back. He has NO natural ball carrying instincts and just bounces outside every time he carries the ball.

Sep 18, 2015, 11:56 AM

Last night there were only about 5 carries by running backs not named Gallman because he was averaging over 6 yards per carry. Aside from that, he has been a little behind since he was injured for most of his first two years. I think he will get more carries as the year goes on. I also think the back up running backs are in order based on pass protection for the most part. This will get better the longer he stays healthy as well.

Sep 18, 2015, 12:05 PM

I hope you are right...but I still think Clemson is missing out on something special.

Sep 18, 2015, 12:20 PM

Give him a little more time to get fully healthy - the back injury is still slowing him down just enough that the seniors are getting more carries. From what I've heard, the coaches do like him and what he'll bring to the table next year.

Sep 18, 2015, 12:21 PM

hopefully...We Shall See...

Sep 18, 2015, 12:06 PM

A lot of us think he has tremendous upside as well. He will get his chances.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2015, 12:08 PM

hopefully it's not too late...

Sep 18, 2015, 12:12 PM

Too late for what?

Why aren't you playing Michel more? It may be too late.:)

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 18, 2015, 12:18 PM

I just believe if it's possible, Clemson may be losing him to transfer. Maybe that's okay too. It's about bigger dreams, just my opinion that's all. I like Chubb, Michel gets his touches as well. I'm just voicing my opinion...not trying to cause any problems

Sep 18, 2015, 12:12 PM

I personally would like to see Tyshon backup Gallman instead of Davidson but I am not a coach so what do I know

Sep 18, 2015, 12:14 PM

yeah ...me either, but just my opinion

Sep 18, 2015, 12:22 PM

You're not the only one that feels like this, it's just hard to take the ball away from Gallman when he's running like that

Sep 18, 2015, 12:25 PM

understood...but I just Believe

Sep 18, 2015, 12:26 PM

You need to contact our coaches, not a soul in here has anything to do with who plays and who sits,

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2015, 12:37 PM

I understand...It's easy to "Armchair Quarterback"...Just voicing my opinions, which I'm sure the Clemson coaches care nothing about...like I said earlier, I'm a die hard Ga fan but have been following Clemson for several years, since I worked in Anderson for ten years in the 90's and early 2000"s.

Close game no backups were needed.

Sep 18, 2015, 12:23 PM

We added the little flavor of speed. Gallman had the power running game sewed up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Close game no backups were needed.

Sep 18, 2015, 12:24 PM

didn't have to be that close...hmm

Dye's lack of explosion wouldn't have helped last night***

Sep 18, 2015, 12:51 PM

Re: Dye's lack of explosion wouldn't have helped last night***

Sep 18, 2015, 1:02 PM

Bet he still would've done better than 2.3 per carry

the coaches didn't, so there's that***

Sep 18, 2015, 1:18 PM

Re: Close game no backups were needed.

Sep 19, 2015, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Close game no backups were needed. ]

Yeh - but Gallman can't play EVERY down. Dye should have been the relief to allow the power run game to continue. The OLine was not effective against that really good UL DLine.

Sep 18, 2015, 1:39 PM

One of the above posts referred to seniors (plural) among this years RBs. Another said Davidson & Brooks would be gone next year. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Brooks is a junior.

Sep 19, 2015, 8:23 AM

I agree on Dye. I think the guy runs extremely well. I felt like Dye should have been playing instead of Davidson because our OLine wasn't getting the push it needed, and CJ had to bounce it outside with almost no success. Dye can move the pile and should have played IMO. I thought it very odd that Dye never played a down.

Sep 19, 2015, 11:45 PM

To the gentleman that questioned why we (Ga) don't use Michel more...did you see how we dismantled the gamecocks? Wow.

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic