Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
9 of UGA's 11 4*+ players are from Georgia
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,284

9 of UGA's 11 4*+ players are from Georgia

Jul 25, 2018, 1:54 PM

Out of a possible 37 and increasing. Last year the state produced 44 players ranked at least 4*. On average that number is closer to 30 per season. Sure Kirby is bringing in great classes, but with a 25% increase in talent in the state any coach at UGA would.

Clemson will continue to go into Georgia and get players. The players Dabo gets will be fits for his program.

Kirby better hope he can capitalize on the in state talent while it last.

Miami admitted several years ago to "chasing stars" and said it was a big reason they took a step back as a program. I am proud of Dabo for his commitment to in house evaluations and have no doubt that he will continue to be successful.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: 9 of UGA's 11 4*+ players are from Georgia

Jul 25, 2018, 3:25 PM

Thanks. I raised that same question last night - in fact I think you were on that thread too. I kinda thought it was a high number from in-state but wasn't sure. Glad you pointed that out. That's probably true with most of the classes the last 3 yrs he's been there. Ga is a hotbed and I hope we can continue to reach the kids there we want but no doubt it has hurt us some.

But that's ok, Dabo is continuing down his roadmap to expand the landscape.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Typical. State of Georgia usually top 5 for blue chip%

Jul 25, 2018, 3:34 PM

The biggest reason I think why UGA is considered such a good job.

Florida/California/Texas have larger numbers but more schools competing for same talent in state.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2017/12/18/16780636/best-recruits-2018-state-rankings

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Typical. State of Georgia usually top 5 for blue chip%

Jul 25, 2018, 4:09 PM

That's the point. This isn't typical. Even using your articles numbers for 13-18 they average about 30 per year. Last year was 40 and this year is on pace to be 40 again. Kirby landed at exactly the right time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,284
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic