Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Two times in Clemson football history, we lost out on the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Two times in Clemson football history, we lost out on the

Oct 12, 2020, 1:53 PM

Heisman because they gave it to the 2nd best player in the country. Well boys, we even have that covered this year as we have THE TWO BEST PLAYERS IN THE COUNTRY!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two times in Clemson football history, we lost out on the

Oct 12, 2020, 1:54 PM

Will they potentially cause split vote costing them both?

Oct 12, 2020, 2:19 PM

Don’t they use ranked voting?
If they split #1 and #2 votes, one of them would win regardless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

i agree but the bama qb and rb are already being hyped

Oct 12, 2020, 1:56 PM

they act like its an sec trophy / big 12.

tl16 or te9 for heisman

Yep. They were ready to give it to Trask last week, then he

Oct 12, 2020, 2:00 PM

lost to TAMU.

One of our boys will have to ###### it away from Jones/Harris. If Bama beats UGA this weekend, the Heisman list will probably start to look different.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep. They were ready to give it to Trask last week, then he

Oct 12, 2020, 2:07 PM

ESPN will do everything in their power to make it the Bama QB or RB. Depending on what happens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Are you going to throw around baseless accusations when

Oct 12, 2020, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Yep. They were ready to give it to Trask last week, then he ]

that happens, or do you save the baseless accusations for race discussions? Asking for a friend

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you going to throw around baseless accusations when

Oct 12, 2020, 3:30 PM

If #16 or #9 wins, I wish the winner would say in his award speech, "I'm getting the Trophy, but I'm going to have my teammate's, (whichever doesn't win), name put on the trophy I get, because they deserved it just as much as I did!" I think that would show such class and be so cool.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2020, 1:57 PM

I thought they already gave it to the Texas qb.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately, all will be forgotten once Justin Fields

Oct 12, 2020, 2:06 PM

throw his first TD. Then the lovefest will begin.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

It'll probably be a simple pass and we'll all hear, "only

Oct 12, 2020, 2:47 PM

Justin can make that throw. Totally the best and most incredible pass I have ever witnessed!!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2020, 2:08 PM

"The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity."
Cam Newton
Jamies Winston
Johnny Manziel
Baker Mayfield
Joe Burrow...
Integrity? The folks that select this award have lost their way. It goes to the biggest stat stuffer, loud mouth, or both. A Clemson man just does not fit the mold. If Etienne finally does not get shafted for the Doak Walker again, I will be ecstatic.

And there you have it. I agree with you 100%.***

Oct 12, 2020, 4:07 PM

And there you have it. I agree with you 100%.***

Oct 12, 2020, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Two times in Clemson football history, we lost out on the ]

i agree with the two best players statement but they will

Oct 12, 2020, 2:11 PM

figure a way to get Field's name onto a prominent spot on that list. Ohio State is notorious for in-conference stat gouging and making sure to try to get their QBs 5/6 Tds a game. You'll see that this year on overdrive. The gameplan will be all about Fields throwing TDs and we all know the Big10 defenses haven't caught up in any way to spread em out and throw type offenses. Fields is good no doubt. But in no way should he be considered for a Heisman b/c of his lack of games played. Regardless of bloated stats.

I've been saying that all year. Let's hope Myles Murphy

Oct 12, 2020, 2:12 PM

is third...Aaaaand we fill our photo galleries on our phone with pictures of very large fish this fall. I'm not buying the 2020 #### show crap anymore. Lot's good juju left on the table this year. Fall fishing will be epic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2020, 2:20 PM

bama or ohio st will stuff the stats and push ours on down the list. Happens all the time and they can have their trophies as we give valuable snaps to backups to prepare for the future.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Heisman died in 2016 after years on life support....

Oct 12, 2020, 2:28 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2020, 2:38 PM

Spud, Bud says “ hi.” He also agrees with you though he does not even know who they are. Bud was dropped as a baby. Poor guy. He likes to fish , though. I told him alll about you and he would love to meet you. Are you ever near Fort Lawn or Landsford?

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic