Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Two observations: 1. FSU is supposed to have the quality athlete
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Two observations: 1. FSU is supposed to have the quality athlete

Oct 28, 2018, 3:28 PM

Clemson has. I don't remember a game where Clemson had so many big runs/returns that included across the field cutbacks and whole field blocking. Several plays looked like backyard football, and the Tigers just owned FSU. Even against Wake most scores were just up the gut great runs.

2. Syracuse lost to us and close game at Pitt. They are now top 25 in AP and likely will be on Tues for CFP rankings. So, in hindsight, our boys lost our primary QB, rolled out a true FR, lost him, and found a way to come from behind to beat a top 25 squad with our 3rd string, not repped or experienced, QB. Wow!
That win looks better every week.

Bonus
: Ga Southern was a scrappy unimpressive win.. right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Two observations: 1. FSU is supposed to have the quality athlete

Oct 28, 2018, 4:09 PM

So in retrsopect, how do you view our coaches decision re our QB?? So we should go back to KB??? Hello??
Can there really be any further debate?? Can you guys be kidding?? Anyone watching the news? Probably the best QB in college football, but still the KB apologists pop up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 4:17 PM

We have next to 0% chance of winning the Natty with KB at QB. I appreciate his filling in for a year and making it to the cfp but we have a ceiling with KB. We have virtually no limit to how good we can be with TL.

I really hope KB ends up Arkansas and leads them to an 8-4 season next year which would be fantastic for Arkansas. I appreciate the work he put in and think the comment he made about the slap in the face is water under the bridge.

I just think that KB will have an empty experience as a 1 year starter for a team that he did come in with a bunch of other players at the same time. He is just going to be a short term patch for some other team.

I hate to say this but I think we are now better off as a team with TL being the number 1 guy and Brice being a solid backup.

Dean

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Odd response. Is that directed towards me?

Oct 28, 2018, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Two observations: 1. FSU is supposed to have the quality athlete ]

I never question our coaches' decisions.
I had no problem with TL being the starter in week 1, week 6, or next year. I trust them to make the right calls.

That has no bearing on my liking KB, respecting his handling of TL coming to Clemson, getting us through TexAM, filling a void last year left by DW, and being a positive and vocal leader of the team. I appreciate all KB did. I don't like that he left, but I don't hold it against him or need to slam him.

Also, nothing about QB has anything to do with the INT and KO returns where most of these plays happened.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Marlborocountycoot = dgcannon39 = tiger michael = Reggaeman

Oct 28, 2018, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Two observations: 1. FSU is supposed to have the quality athlete ]

Fear the thumb, the other hand, and both feet. Best of all, you know it is coming.

What are you even talking about ?***

Oct 29, 2018, 6:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Two observations: 1. FSU is supposed to have the quality athlete ]

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Oct 28, 2018, 4:21 PM

Just one other note. FSU does have a lot of 4 and 5 star guys. However, Dabo says he spends as much time running off the 4 and 5 star guys as getting the right 4 and 5 star guys at Clemson.

FSU has talent out there but it does not equate to them being a cohesive unit.

The KB transfer, Syracuse scare, and other distractions has brought this team together.

Dean

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WHAT?

Oct 28, 2018, 6:48 PM

Deanster® said:

Just one other note. FSU does have a lot of 4 and 5 star guys. However, Dabo says he spends as much time running off the 4 and 5 star guys as getting the right 4 and 5 star guys at Clemson.

FSU has talent out there but it does not equate to them being a cohesive unit.

The KB transfer, Syracuse scare, and other distractions has brought this team together.

Dean

Dabo runs off 4 and 5 star players?

I believe you mean that he spends time making sure 4 and 5 star high school players would fit at Clemson???

Dabo does not run players off and also doesn't recruit transfers or junior college players.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: WHAT?

Oct 28, 2018, 7:49 PM

I promise I heard him say that he runs off players (regardless of the number of stars) if they don't fit the culture.

Maybe he was speaking of three star players but the moral of the story is that there is a lot more than just the number of stars assigned to the name!

4&5*s on roster #1 above all...

Oct 29, 2018, 12:55 AM [ in reply to WHAT? ]

Difference makers needed to make the playoff & actually compete for NC -DONT KID YOURSELF

Re: 4&5*s on roster #1 above all...

Oct 29, 2018, 2:33 AM

I am not saying difference makers aren't needed. However, I think Dabo would take a 4 start with a positive attitude and a work ethic over a naturally gifted 5 star who feels like he is Gods gift to football.

Coaching plays a huge part in the development of the players.

Dean

The staff stops recruiting

Oct 29, 2018, 4:37 AM

A player if they don't fit the culture of the program, that's what Dabo says. In fact, a lot of those decisions hinge on feedback from the players who help host a recruit during a visit. I think 'run off' isn't really what Dean meant; however, rest assured, Dabo & Staff will deliver the message and take appropriate action where necessary. Bellamy knows it...Sammy found out...so did Deon.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The staff stops recruiting

Oct 29, 2018, 10:06 AM

Salty55 said:

A player if they don't fit the culture of the program, that's what Dabo says. In fact, a lot of those decisions hinge on feedback from the players who help host a recruit during a visit. I think 'run off' isn't really what Dean meant; however, rest assured, Dabo & Staff will deliver the message and take appropriate action where necessary. Bellamy knows it...Sammy found out...so did Deon.

And Swag found out too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: don't kid yourself

Oct 29, 2018, 12:03 PM [ in reply to 4&5*s on roster #1 above all... ]

You're right, great athletes are needed to compete for NCs.

But year in and year out, Clemson players overachieve relative to their star rankings more than any other team in the nation.

The 2 years we were in the NCG, our star ranking was no higher than #9. Miami and FSU had more stars just among ACC programs.

Put it this way: if we have 10 guys on the roster right now who can be projected to go pro, 10 more will earn that opportunity through hard work, attitude, teamwork, quality playing time, coaching and the opportunity to practice daily against the great athletes. That's the best player development number in the nation.

Some overachievers will get to the league and wash out quickly because they can only thrive in a particular environment, but others will contribute for years.

So i agree that without the stars it doesn't happen, but Dabo has proven that you don't need many stars, and even the stars need to earn their PT.

Oct 29, 2018, 5:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Two observations: 1. FSU is supposed to have the quality athlete ]

FSU has had a problem with heart since before Jimbo left. Apparently they recruit stars, not people, meaning they don't look at character. That's where our coaches earn their paychecks.

Oct 29, 2018, 6:37 AM

FSU has talented players, but they don't have the coaching or the cohesiveness that Clemson does. They don't have the same direction as Clemson staff and players do. "Running off players" is not what Dabo really does. Like someone else said, he will just stop recruiting them. The actions by FSU players Saturday was that of a team NOT all on the same page, it looked like a band of individuals with no leadership, by the staff or by its team leaders. When Hasam targeted TL and got ejected, his teammates were high fiving him and laughing and joking. That's enough for me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic