Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Turnovers, Rushing, and a Prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 802

Turnovers, Rushing, and a Prediction

Dec 2, 2016, 2:31 PM

The two main sticking points for this season have been a high number of turnovers (CU is tied for 107/128 teams) and a slight down year in total rushing yards (CU is 69/128 teams).

Of the games in which Clemson has won or lost by a close margin (within 7 points), there have been two or more turnovers in the game.

Auburn-2
Troy-3
Louisville-5
NCST-4
Fla St-2
Pitt-3

Interestingly each of these teams ranks relatively high in rushing defense.

Auburn-20th (CU rushed for 151 yards)
Troy-13th (CU rushed for 122 yards)
Louisville-11th (CU rushed for 201 yards)
NCST-4th (CU rushed for 117 yards)
Fla St-28th (CU rushed for 133 yards)
Pitt-9th (CU rushed for 50 yards)

This has put more pressure on Watson and the pass offense to produce yards and points. It has also magnified the drops and interceptions. Maybe even costing Watson the Heisman due to the high number of INTs imo.

Va Tech is 39th in rushing defense. Sitting a bit lower than halfway between Fla St at 28th and Wake Forest at 49th. The last two games (WF and USC) Clemson has rushed for 250 yards or better. Now USC is terrible, sitting at 92nd nationally in rush defense. So you can't expect those same results against Va Tech.

If Clemson can get 175-200 yards out of the rushing game and limit the turnovers to one or less, they win handily. If not, it's a nail-biting, coin flip type game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. Gotta get the Wayne Train rolling.***

Dec 2, 2016, 2:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

or throw for 560...***

Dec 2, 2016, 2:35 PM

Re: Turnovers, Rushing, and a Prediction

Dec 2, 2016, 2:36 PM

I think it will happen. We are fresh and the play calling seems to better accomodate the idea of DW running the football. It seems to set everything else up. We those triple option pass calls and the misdirection we've seen here in the last few weeks I say we run effectively. We'll also see atleast two wide open deep ball td's off the play action DW is holding in the running backs stomach perfectly right now. All our wide outs need to do is catch the dang football! Go tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry in a hurry didnt proof read^^***

Dec 2, 2016, 2:40 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One additional point.....

Dec 2, 2016, 2:41 PM

Our defense is way fresher than at this point last season.

Re: Turnovers, Rushing, and a Prediction

Dec 3, 2016, 4:26 PM

Nice analysis. I suspect we'd be a little more committed to the run if the coaches were more comfortable with our bench behind the Wayne Train.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Replies: 6
| visibility 802
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic