Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey TNet mods why don’t you zap this?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 2,979

Hey TNet mods why don’t you zap this?

May 2, 2020, 9:56 PM

https://youtu.be/tikAt3fY8cs

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: Hey TNet mods why don’t you zap this?

May 2, 2020, 11:20 PM

Nothing more dangerous than mixing politics, religion and a sad understanding of the 2nd amendment and why it is there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2020, 11:23 PM

Why Ike whatever do you mean?

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

buddy that guy was dead on

May 2, 2020, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey TNet mods why don’t you zap this? ]

we have continued to lose more and more of our rights in this country. Honestly the guns have become a way to make us feel safe while they illegally surveil us with the NSA.

Re: buddy that guy was dead on

May 2, 2020, 11:27 PM

What rights have we lost , exactly ?
Asking for a friend .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 3, 2020, 12:14 AM

The right to free speech that just might hurt someone’s feelings, for one. Because the snowflakes don’t like it.

The freedom to meet and freely practice one’s religion, for another. Because you’ve violated a “stay at home order.”

The right against unreasonable search and seizure as the NSA has tapped all major communications companies’ trunk lines and records everything without a warrant.

(Not a lost right per se, but a loss to our way of life) As surveillance cameras spring up across America with facial recognition software, you may have had a reasonable expectation of anonymity when minding your own business in public in the past, but since you never technically had a right to privacy when out in public, you had best assume you are under constant surveillance by the State now. Our betters now have the means to follow your every move, as they should, because they are some awesome and would never abuse their new found powers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 3, 2020, 1:26 AM

I think you meant temporarily suspended until further notice .
I hadn't seen anything about constitutional repeals .
I think there's some merit to worry about our rights as they are , but nobody as of yet has taken anything away .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 3, 2020, 3:46 AM

If they can do it whenever they want, why would they bother with amending the Constitution to repeal? Amending the Constitution is hard.

If they can do it whenever they want, what difference does the Constitution make anyway?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 3, 2020, 4:58 AM

The point is that they cannot take them away without a constitutional change .
During certain times though , such as public health emergencies , they are malleable and subject to being temporarily corrupted ...as we are seeing now .

DB23

May 3, 2020, 11:21 AM

Funny, I don't see any language like "shall not be infringed, except in emergencies" anywhere in the BOR.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need context

May 3, 2020, 10:51 PM

They don't just stand on their own the way some so-called "conservatives" say. Those f*ckes are just trying to brainwash a substantial part of the simple-minded public with the "originalism" arguments.

If you have free time now, start with the Federalist Papers. The Hamilton ones are harder to read, because he was trying to impress with his vocabulary, but that's where the meat of the ideas is. The Anti-Federalist Papers are mostly the other side of federal/state governing issues, but they are cool if you can find a guide for how they correspond. There are some nice modern pop-ish books on the bill of rights that explain a lot pretty well. For example, some of the rights still only apply to the federal government (like a right to a jury in a civil trial).

Entitled little white girls

May 3, 2020, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Re: buddy that guy was dead on ]

Edward Snowden probably has space for you in his efficiency.

The never-ending constant assault...

May 3, 2020, 12:51 AM [ in reply to Re: buddy that guy was dead on ]

...and winnowing of our 2A rights by various states is obvious unless you’re on a tug boat or something.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: The never-ending constant assault...

May 3, 2020, 1:30 AM

That one is touchy . I am a gun owner and I respect that right and handle myself accordingly where it is concerned .
However , I think that a lot of the hype about having our guns taken away from us is overblown for political posturings and such , and that common sense gun law advocates actually have a pretty good case .
They're not taking guns away in America . Not all of them anyway ;)

DB23

Tug, they are taking them away one state at a time. I think

May 3, 2020, 7:21 AM

a lot of this now is just a test to see what Americans will accept. Mayors in cities have just become dictators over night. If Americans accept it...will they become dictatorial over WHATEVER the deem approprate in the future. And by they, I mean, a governor, a mayor, a police chief,etc. I mean, a mayor, for heaven's sake shuts down beauty salons, and then goes and gets HER hair done,stating,"But, I am the face of the public".....That cannot be tolerated. A governor shuts down Landscapers, but has government employess riding tractors and cutting grass on state highways. A governor shuts down elective surgery, but allows abortions. If Americans take this lying down, what will they shut down in the future...All real estate transactions will be performed by government employees only. Only government tugboats will be allowed on the Wando (or is that already the case). Shade tree mechanics will be jailed....No private schools? ( I mean, they could sow seeds of malcontent).

I am sure some on here are going to immediately blast me and say, "That will never happen!! You are being delusional!".....Well, it use to be that you didn't have to get permission from the government to launch a boat, fish in a public domain, dig a well, build a house, cut someone's hair, give someone a massage, etc. etc. Now, their are hints, that you may have to basically get a license from the government to leave the house......In the name of SAFETY, the govenment is hinting they may track individuals so they can "LET YOU KNOW IF YOU HAVE COME WITHIN 6 FEET of someone who has the Chinese Flu". I bet I know how they will notify you if you come within 6 feet of 20 other CWP holders...Yessir, it will be with handcuffs....All in the name of public safety mind you.

The best argument I heard in the past few days against the government shutting down society,and keeping it shut down, was a legislator, maybe from Georgia who said,"Look, we know that if we reduced the speed limit to 5 MPH, no one would get killed in a traffic accident, but that just is not feasible"....To me, the same thing appies to this somewhat manufactured pandemic, we need speed limits, but complete shutdown cannot continue. IMHO of course. I may be wrong, but I truly believe if people don't get back to earning a living, public safety is going to be protected on an individual basis,by individuals themselves.

Re: Tug, they are taking them away one state at a time. I think

May 3, 2020, 11:24 AM

Rest assured, the little dictators are well-entrenched into the system and have their power-plays all lined up ready to be whipped out the second they think they can get away with it.

This Illinois mayor whipped out her plan from the folder I'm sure she kept it in WAY early in the "crisis"...

Champaign Mayor Deborah Frank Feinen has issued an executive order that would give her office "extraordinary powers." She has issued the order despite the town and surrounding area not having a single case of the disease.

Here is the list of other items from the declaration/executive order, which also includes the ability to ban the sale of "food, water, fuel, clothing, and/or other commodities, materials, goods, services and resources," in addition to alcohol and gasoline. Additionally, government agents or officials have the ability to seize private property and to cut off the city water supply. The mayor justifies everything "in the interest of public safety".

After the declaration of an emergency, the Mayor may in the interest of public safety and welfare make any or all of the following orders and provide the following direction:

(1) Issue such other orders as are imminently necessary for the protection of life and property.

(2) Order a general curfew applicable to such geographical areas of the City or to the City as a whole, as the Mayor deems advisable, and applicable during such hours of the day or night as the Mayor deems necessary in the interest of public safety and welfare.

(3) Order the closing of all retail liquor stores, including taverns and private clubs or portions thereof wherein the consumption of intoxicating liquor and beer is permitted;

(4) Order the discontinuance of the sale of alcoholic liquor by any wholesaler or retailer;

(5) Order the discontinuance of selling, distributing, or giving away gasoline or other liquid flammable or combustible products in any container other than a gasoline tank properly affixed to a motor vehicle;

(6) Order the discontinuance of selling, distributing, dispensing or giving away of explosives or explosive agents, firearms or ammunition of any character whatsoever;

(7) Order the control, restriction and regulation within the City by rationing, issuing quotas, fixing or freezing prices, allocating the use, sale or distribution of food, fuel, clothing and other commodities, materials, goods or services or the necessities of life;

(8) (a) Order City employees or agents, on behalf of the City, to take possession of any real or personal property of any person, or to acquire full title or such lesser interest as may be necessary to deal with a disaster or emergency, and to take possession of and for a limited time, occupy and use any real estate to accomplish alleviation of the disaster, or the effects thereof;

(b) In the event any real or personal property is utilized by the City, the City shall be liable to the owner thereof for the reasonable value of the use or for just compensation as the case may be.

(9) Order restrictions on ingress or egress to parts of the City to limit the occupancy of any premises;

(10) To make provision for the availability and use of temporary emergency housing;

(11) Temporarily suspend, limit, cancel, convene, reschedule, postpone, continue, or relocate all meetings of the City Council, and any City committee, commission, board, authority, or other City body as deemed appropriate by the Mayor.

(12) Require closing of business establishments.

(13) Prohibit the sale or distribution within the City of any products which could be employed in a manner which would constitute a danger to public safety.

(14) Temporarily close any and all streets, alleys, sidewalks, bike paths, public parks or public ways.

(15) Temporarily suspend or modify, for not more than sixty (60) days, any regulation or ordinance of the City, including, but not limited to, those regarding health, safety, and zoning. This period may be extended upon approval of the City Council.

(16) Suspend or limit the use of the water resources or other infrastructure.

(17) Control, restrict, allocate, or regulate the use, sale, production, or distribution of food, water, fuel, clothing, and/or other commodities, materials, goods, services and resources.

(18) Suspend or limit burning of any items or property with the City limits and up to two (2) miles outside the corporate limits.

(19) Direct and compel the evacuation of all or part of the population from any stricken or threatened areas within the City if the mayor deems this action is necessary for the preservation of life, property, or other disaster or emergency mitigation, response or recovery and to prescribe routes, modes of transportation and destination in connection with an evacuation.

(21) Approve application for local, state, or federal assistance.

(22) Establish and control routes of transportation, ingress or egress.

(23) Control ingress and egress from any designated disaster or emergency area or home, building or structures located therein.

(24) Approve the transfer the direction, personnel, or functions of City departments and agencies for the purpose of performing or facilitating emergency or disaster services.

(25) Accept services, gifts, grants, loans, equipment, supplies, and/or materials whether from private, nonprofit, or governmental sources.

(26) Require the continuation, termination, disconnection, or suspension of natural gas, electrical power, water, sewer, communication or other public utilities or infrastructure.

(27) Close or cancel the use of any municipally owned or operated building or other public facility.

(28) Declare, issue, enforce, modify and terminate orders for quarantine and isolation of persons or animals posing a threat to the public, not conflicting with the directions of the Health Officer of the community.

(29) Exercise such powers and functions in light of the exigencies of emergency or disaster including the waiving of compliance with any time consuming procedures and formalities, including notices, as may be prescribed by law.

(30) Issue any and all such other orders or undertake such other functions and activities as the Mayor reasonably believes is required to protect the health, safety, and welfare of persons or property within the City or otherwise preserve the public peace or abate, clean up, or mitigate the effects of any emergency or disaster.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What state can you not own a gun in? TIA***

May 3, 2020, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Tug, they are taking them away one state at a time. I think ]

The never-ending constant assault...

May 3, 2020, 12:51 AM [ in reply to Re: buddy that guy was dead on ]

...and winnowing of our 2A rights by various states is obvious unless you’re on a tug boat or something.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Are you serious?

May 3, 2020, 1:02 AM [ in reply to Re: buddy that guy was dead on ]

I hope not.

May 3, 2020, 6:51 AM [ in reply to Re: buddy that guy was dead on ]

We have lost no rights.

That guy seems to have a very good grasp of why the 2nd Amendment is there.

May 3, 2020, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Hey TNet mods why don’t you zap this? ]

May 3, 2020, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Hey TNet mods why don’t you zap this? ]

Do tell?

May 3, 2020, 12:35 AM

Dude.

There are aspects of your opinion I agree with (didn't watch the video yet, but I'm supposing). But if your goal is to inform and persuade other people, you can't behave like a typical Saturday night drunken #######.

Yes, you have the right. Just like the mods have the right to curb stomp you if what you post violates board standards.

Please let this ride. Come back tomorrow and see if this thread makes you proud.

May 3, 2020, 1:42 AM

There was absolutely nothing wrong with my post that got zapped earlier. I’ve been working out at a gym that a cop comes to. I partied at a friends house last night that’s a narcotics cop, the girl I’ve been seeing is a front line nurse, I could keep going. We all strongly believe in herd immunity.

Btw, my mom is 80 and my dad is 75. I haven’t seen them since 2/29. How many of the pansies crying about staying at home can claim that?

Message was edited by: bowlhunter®

May 3, 2020, 4:28 AM

I would like to get rid of the second amendment only because from my personal experience guns have only brought death, pain and sadness to my life.

May 3, 2020, 5:34 AM

I support the 2nd, but do we need high capacity clips? Probably not.

May 3, 2020, 11:28 AM

Do we need cars that can go over 75MPH? Probably not.

May 3, 2020, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey TNet mods why don’t you zap this? ]

clip lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2020, 11:20 PM

We definitely don’t need “ghost guns” that fire 30 bullets per second either lol

Fascinating discussion of tiger football. Thanks for posting***

May 3, 2020, 7:19 AM

Re: Fascinating discussion of tiger football. Thanks for posting***

May 3, 2020, 9:01 AM

Not much new footballl news these days. Looking forward to it though.

Replies: 30
| visibility 2,979
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic