Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Try to stay unbiased,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Try to stay unbiased,

Feb 6, 2018, 1:18 PM

Is there any realistic chance Clemson could make a 1 seed?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Try to stay unbiased,

Feb 6, 2018, 1:20 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Good to know***

Feb 6, 2018, 1:22 PM

burn!***

Feb 6, 2018, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Try to stay unbiased, ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

No.***

Feb 6, 2018, 1:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win out; win ACCT; and help...

Feb 6, 2018, 1:25 PM

... ie., two or three of the following: UVA, Purdue, Villanova, Xavier, Auburn, or Michigan State lose a few more games.

Realistic? Not sure.

But there IS a chance!

??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Win out; win ACCT; and help...

Feb 6, 2018, 1:37 PM

Even if, we don’t win out if we can go 6-1 and get a couple of wins in the ACC tourney, that would leave us somewhere around 27-6, after having one of the toughest Schedules in all of College Basketball. I think the committee would have to at least consider it at that point.

Feb 6, 2018, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Win out; win ACCT; and help... ]

Even if, we don’t win out if we can go 6-1 and get a couple of wins in the ACC tourney, that would leave us somewhere around 27-6, after having one of the toughest Schedules in all of College Basketball. I think the committee would have to at least consider it at that point.

Feb 6, 2018, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Win out; win ACCT; and help... ]

Feb 6, 2018, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Win out; win ACCT; and help... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Rocky the Parrot... ;~)***

Feb 6, 2018, 8:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2018, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Win out; win ACCT; and help... ]

Cliff Ellis is doing a tremendous job this year at Auburn . It took some time but looks like they made the right choice.

DB23

Feb 6, 2018, 11:36 PM

Sure is Dug and it looks like Rick Barnes has got Texas going in the right direction!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2018, 12:47 AM

TU for you and dug. I spit my drink laughing

Feb 7, 2018, 10:36 AM

I don't know about Dug, but I subscribe to the Greenville News and like to keep up with current events.

A chance...yes !!! A "realistic" chance...no !!!***

Feb 6, 2018, 1:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Feb 6, 2018, 1:33 PM

If we only lose 1 more and win the ACC tournament and the 1 L not be to Duke. So probably not lol.

Even then we might be a 2 seed***

Feb 6, 2018, 2:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Even then we might be a 2 seed***

Feb 6, 2018, 11:18 PM

If Kansas wins the big 12 and Mich St wins the big 10 and they both win their tournaments you are probably right. Unless they lose 3 or more.

I mainly just want Clemson to get one of those

Feb 6, 2018, 1:50 PM

double-byes in the ACC Tournament and see what its like getting to completely avoid half the bracket.

In answer to your theoretical question: If the Tigers go unbeaten the rest of the season and win the ACCT, we'll most certainly get a #1 seed......now, the odds of that happening are pretty stratospheric. But weirder stuff has happened. Just in case....I think I'll go & buy a lottery ticket today

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we have done that once ??? And I think we lost

Feb 6, 2018, 1:57 PM

in our first game ?

Maybe I'm wrong - remembering incorrectly due to my bitterness about Clemson Basketball and how we perform in the ACC Tourney.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

we've never had a double bye

Feb 6, 2018, 3:19 PM

and we've lost plenty of first games in the tournament... the double bye would be nice and advantageous. we could definitely use it if we earn it...

No one knows for sure

Feb 6, 2018, 1:58 PM

But I'd put those odds at less than 10%. Clemson is 5-3 their last 8 games, and took a major talent hit when Grantham went out. At this point, we just want to hold serve for a top 4 seed.

Feb 6, 2018, 2:03 PM

Why not . Win out ...and win in convincing fashion each time . Blow out Duke or UVA in the championship game by like 27 points and no ....no there's no chance at all .

DB23

It isn’t an unreasonable question.

Feb 6, 2018, 9:30 PM

We are #2 in the ACC, and are #4 in RPI. We have played a very strong schedule, and have a great record against the RPI top 50. We have no bad losses. We rank very well in the metrics the NCAA Selection Committee uses.

Still, a #1 seed will be tough. It will probably take doing no worse than 5-2 the rest of the regular season, and winning the ACC Tournament. As we all know, we’ve never done that.

I think this team is certainly capable, but it still isn’t likely.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: It isn’t an unreasonable question.

Feb 6, 2018, 11:19 PM

You are a smart and reasonable man.

Re: It isn’t an unreasonable question. ~THIS~***

Feb 7, 2018, 1:04 PM [ in reply to It isn’t an unreasonable question. ]

I don't think 5-2 would even get us into that conversation

Feb 7, 2018, 1:08 PM [ in reply to It isn’t an unreasonable question. ]

There is a fairly sizeable gap between 1-3 and #4 so that last spot is kind of up for grabs, but i think we would have to finish the regular season at 25-5 and then make a good run in the ACCT to even get into the conversation. Mayyyybe 5-2 and winning the ACCT like you said, but if that means beating UVA, i think we have just as good of a shot at going 7-0 to close than going 5-2 and beating UVA (aka not good at all).

Sure why not***

Feb 6, 2018, 9:51 PM

Feb 6, 2018, 10:11 PM

No.

Yes.

Feb 6, 2018, 10:14 PM

But no.

Feb 7, 2018, 12:49 AM

I’m tiger to the core!! No chance without several plane crashes

No plane crashes needed

Feb 7, 2018, 10:33 AM

the race for the last one seed is wide open, so why can’t a team like us get it? I mean if we go 6-1 the rest of the way out of the regular season we would end up at 25-5, which is excellent for an ACC team. If we get a win or 2 in the ACC Tournament, then we’d end up 27-6 and at that point the comittee would at least have to consider us for a 1 seed. If this whole scenario, is so unrealistic then you must not have been watching for most of the season.

20th best team in country

Feb 7, 2018, 12:36 PM

Should make about a 5 seed. Wouldn't want to play a 12 though, we'd be ripe fodder for the upset.

Re: 20th best team in country

Feb 7, 2018, 1:40 PM

your rank doesn’t matter in terms of seeding

lolz no***

Feb 7, 2018, 1:04 PM

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic