Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Truth about Deshaun
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Truth about Deshaun

Dec 2, 2014, 9:07 AM

If Deshaun stays healthy all year then there is no roof to our potential. If he gets banged up prepare for this season all over again. However, this knee injury could be a blessing in disguise. It will allow him to heal up everything else as well as put on good weight. He will need to work hard over the summer to strengthen his lower half but he should be about 15 to 20 lbs bigger by game 1. If he protects himself and fully recovers his knee then we will be a force to be reckoned with. Also expect R2M3 and Cain to avoid redshirts. I think that Hyatt will avoid a redshirt and end up starting. Fruhmorgen might avoid a redshirt and hit the two deep. We need Huggins, Wilkins, and either Lewis or Fields to finish this class and meet every need. Huggins or Wilkins or both will play this year if they come to Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Truth about Deshaun

Dec 2, 2014, 9:10 AM

Sounds good. On playing Huggins and wilkins. If Huggins can come in and be a true DE I will again with you, but he may end up at DT. I hope he is the real deal at DE.

Dec 2, 2014, 9:22 AM

I think Huggins is going to jump ship and commit to Ga. He's delayed his commitment (to us) too long.

Dec 2, 2014, 9:26 AM

That might be true but they have so many talented DL on their list that I can't see why he would choose them over us from a playing time standpoint. That seems to matter to him quite a bit.

Dec 2, 2014, 9:31 AM

I think you are right.....but Huggins indecision is troubling....I think he doesn't want to 'disappoint' Dabo//Brooks etc., but he wants to go to Ga. We'll see.

Dec 2, 2014, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Truth about Deshaun ]

Agree with your post but I do not want to see watson in a bowl game. No need to risk it

Dec 2, 2014, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Truth about Deshaun ]

I think he probably does end up at DT but could be a SDE if he takes coaching well. I like him at DT because Brooks is such a good coach at teaching technique and toughness. I think we could be very tough up front with Huggins, Reader, Watkins, Lawson. Or Dodd, Reader, Watkins, Lawson. I think Pagano will be good and Huggins will be 2nd team if he is at DT. If we get Wilkins and Huggins then I think Huggins ends up getting a chance at DE.

We need deshaun to run but I hope we cut back unless we

Dec 2, 2014, 9:29 AM

need to run. I'm not saying none at all I just wish we'd run him about as much as tajh did but maybe a little more. I'm very very eager to see deshaun watson in the spring or next august, he put 20-30lbs on from January right out of highschool, I would love to see him get about as big as cam newton at auburn but not too big because taking away deshauns speed and elusiveness is a crime against football watching law. Think about it, you saw a true freshman look better than the best qb we've ever had in every aspect, clemson could have its first heisman on the way and I honestly think if we keep him healthy deshaun watson will raise that trophy. He's a great person with a great attitude and skills better than the previous heisman winner from last year, voters will have no problem voting for him and espn has already fallen in love with him which they never really did for cj even though id take him over mark Ingram plus any other player at that presentation that year.

Hopefully, what we saw against a bad usuc defense can carry

Dec 2, 2014, 9:37 AM

into next year. We more or less ran the ball at will and I fully expect us to have a better o-line next year even if battle decides to leave early. We'll miss Kalon but I think crowder will step up at RG and someone will at RT as well.

If we can carry over that rushing attack there will be no need to run DW as much, however, we can still do it occasionally to keep that threat in the back of their minds.

Could be a really, really big year next year on offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Hopefully, what we saw against a bad usuc defense can carry

Dec 2, 2014, 9:39 AM

Hyatt will be the RT next year, unless gore gets better.

Gore came into this season as the starter at UGA. I think he

Dec 2, 2014, 9:41 AM

could be a very talented RT. He better be if he wants to play before he graduates, because I agree that Hyatt and even Fruhmorgen will be nipping at his heels the second they step on campus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Agreed. I feel pretty good about the run game next year, it

Dec 2, 2014, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Hopefully, what we saw against a bad usuc defense can carry ]

Hurts to lose kalon but I'm confident a freshman or 2 can come in and contribute. Tyshon dye, wayne gallman and adam choice will be a 3 headed monster and we will always have fresh legs. The next 3 or so seasons look extremely promising.

I think the last game proved he doesn't need to run...

Dec 2, 2014, 11:30 AM [ in reply to We need deshaun to run but I hope we cut back unless we ]

at least not as much as Tajh. If some idiot doesn't plan for a qb run he's got free passage to 12 yards past the LOS and a first down. He's one of the reason that jet sweep worked so well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we will have a couple of decent....

Dec 2, 2014, 10:26 AM

back-ups to DW for next year. Will they be ready to start? No. But they will make us a #### site better from a depth standpoint.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need to stop this nonsense of trying to run him,

Dec 2, 2014, 11:00 AM

go to a more drop-back passing attack, and use our RB's to actually run. He has an arm that most coaches would give their 1st born male child to get on their team.

he is a DUAL threat QB....he is a beast running the ball

Dec 2, 2014, 11:54 AM

when healthy....heck he beasted it a few times saturday with a screwed up knee....

Seriously? After all the games he sat out hurt?***

Dec 2, 2014, 1:22 PM

Yes Seriously....The threat of his running ability works

Dec 2, 2014, 1:50 PM

wonders for this offense. If he doesn't run at all that threat goes away and makes us more vulnerable....

The offense we've been running doesn't work without a QB that can tote the rock.

You got it. If we continue this offense, he will get hurt.***

Dec 2, 2014, 1:56 PM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic