Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.”
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 107
| visibility 1

Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.”

Mar 24, 2020, 6:14 PM

Thoughts ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.”

Mar 24, 2020, 6:18 PM

Hope it can happen. Once we know our healthcare system can handle the rate of new patients. We need to open for business.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whichever decision they make

Mar 24, 2020, 6:21 PM

it will be wrong.

Re: Whichever decision they make

Mar 24, 2020, 6:45 PM

Very true

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2020, 6:48 PM [ in reply to Whichever decision they make ]

Regardless of which side you’re on politically or what your feelings on Trump are, I think we can all agree that he’s in a very stressful, no win situation currently.

Mar 25, 2020, 1:27 AM

I can't stand #45 but he is in a rough place...but then we all are right now. (I still pray for him -not easy to do sometimes??)

Consistent...***

Mar 24, 2020, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Whichever decision they make ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2020, 6:27 PM

Why post this on the football section?

Mar 24, 2020, 6:46 PM

smillsap1 said:

Why post this on the football section?

Because football players can get the coronavirus too. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2020, 7:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.” ]

The football forum seems to be an open forum since COVID-19 took over everything.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 24, 2020, 6:45 PM

Military setting up field hospitals in New York, Seattle and L.A.. Don't think they're going to wrap this up in 3 weeks.

Mar 24, 2020, 6:48 PM

This is true but in our less populated areas ERs are actually suffering extremely low patient volume. And that is a verified fact. Not a rumor.

Mar 24, 2020, 8:28 PM

Purdy - link please

Mrs. Spud works in a hospital. They are slow. There is your

Mar 24, 2020, 8:58 PM

dadgum link!! My roommate from college is an orthopedic surgeon. He is not doing anything but emergency work. That is your second link. My word is as good as any of that crap Rachel spouts every day on her show.

Re: Mrs. Spud works in a hospital. They are slow. There is your

Mar 25, 2020, 8:26 PM

Spud, why so upset ?? I am just asking for supporting evidence.

BTW, two anecdotes are not very convincing evidence.

Mar 26, 2020, 5:31 AM

I'll actually testify to this.

I took my 18-year-old son - who is back from college because colleges have all sent their students home to finish out the semester on-line - to have an abscessed tonsil drained. Place was a ghost town. They also kicked me out because my son's of age and they did not want ANYBODY waiting in the building who might be infected.

Unless it's absolutely necessary and can't wait, nobody is going near doctors right now if they can help it.

Calm before the storm, you know?

Mar 26, 2020, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Mrs. Spud works in a hospital. They are slow. There is your ]

How’s this for a link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usnews.com/news/healthiest-communities/articles/2020-03-23/covid-19-threatens-rural-hospitals-already-stretched-to-breaking-point%3fcontext=amp

Hope that continues but it's still very early in the spread of this thing

Mar 25, 2020, 7:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.” ]

especially in rural areas. Large cities and metro areas always get hit first.

Mar 24, 2020, 6:54 PM

Why not ? They know the hot spots and most everywhere else there are very few if any cases .
Why is S.C. pretty much shut down with really
Nothing to see ? It’s not just going to start spreading in mass numbers everywhere.
Another week of being very careful with everything and if still the numbers are moderate in S.C. turn it loose. Life goes on !

Mar 24, 2020, 10:16 PM

Our epidemiologists and mathematicians should advise. We are still talking about exponential growth. NY was was not a crap show two weeks ago. Many places that aren't crap.shows now probably will he in a couple of weeks. Care to predict which ones? Neither do I, but our epidemiologists and mathematicians can give us a pretty good model.

Mar 25, 2020, 8:27 PM

Empirical evidence and rational thinking ? On Tnet ??

Mar 25, 2020, 1:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.” ]

The numbers are low because there's no testing.
Here in Western New York you have to call before going to seek medical help and they only test if you're hospitalized.

People are afraid to go and risk being exposed with almost no chance of being tested.

The last 10 days I've not left home because I've had a horrible cough, body pains like never before, constantly exhausted but no fever.
Same for my fiancee. (Identical symptoms)

Today is the first day I've felt better. Coughing and body aches are much improved. Energy level is coming back too.

Our family doctor is four buildings away from our home and they won't let people just walk-in.
Sign on the door to call. Everytime we call the phone is busy all day long.

Crazy times. ??

Mar 25, 2020, 8:28 PM

Aiken was achin' - glad you are feeling better.

Mar 24, 2020, 7:19 PM

Sounds like he's been talking to Elon Musk.

I'm surprised. Seems like a big commitment. I'm more of an "under commit / over deliver" person myself.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2020, 8:31 PM

Late in my career I changed to "Promise big, deliver bigger". Leave 'em looking awestruck.

Mar 25, 2020, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.” ]

To be highly successful, you and your team must have “stretch” targets.

Mar 24, 2020, 7:20 PM

The number of positives is accelerating in SC and the nation as a whole, nearly exponentially, every single day, so far. No sign at all of slowing down. I think Easter is extremely optimistic, if not even insane.

Found one !!!***

Mar 24, 2020, 7:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Found one !!!***

Mar 24, 2020, 7:28 PM

I'm my very ill father's caretaker. I HAVE to be taking this seriously, whether you or anyone else choose to or not. Some people don't think, just react. See? Found one!

Firstly - prayers for you and your father.

Mar 25, 2020, 7:19 AM

Secondly -

My very small amount of humor was pointed at the premise of the post above that no matter what is said or done it “won’t be the right thing”.

EVERYBODY has stats and indicators & graphs and a CERTAINTY that they know what is going to happen, it seems.

I personally am taking it very seriously because of my community and my desire to be no part in spreading the illness to those it could have a serious impact on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Mar 24, 2020, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.” ]

What does exponentially even mean? I keep hearing people say this word.

Mar 24, 2020, 7:43 PM

As in "exponent." For 100, a "1" exponent would just be 100, but a "2" exponent would be 200, and on from there.

What people are saying is that in a lot of places, we're nearly doubling in positives by day. Some locales are less affected than others (lower population, usually), so the rate of growth is stunted, but in population centers, it's spreading like crazy.

Mar 24, 2020, 11:30 PM

Please I hope you are not serious. Math not your strong suit. Missed it a bit didn’t we

Mar 24, 2020, 11:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.” ]

Please I hope you are not serious. Math not your strong suit. Missed it a bit didn’t we

Mar 24, 2020, 11:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.” ]

I will not go into the wisdom or lack of concerning the statement from Pres. Trump. Certainly we would all hope to see the next few weeks unfold in such a way that scenario could be considered. I simply want to offer a correction on what was said about what a exponent is and how to use it . I am sure there are some on here that could do a better job at this than I since it has now been over 50 years since I studied math at Clemson. However,let me try. An exponent is the number of times something is multiplied by it's self ...not multiplied by 2,3 ,etc. For instance if you started with quantity of 10 to the 2nd power ,then 3rd power, 4th power it would look like 10 x1=10 ;10 to the 2nd would be 10x10=100 ;10 to the 3rd would be 10x10x10=1000 ;10 to the 4th would be 10x10x10x10= 10,000. You see the sequence. If you started with a certain number of cases and the next day that number of cases grew by the original number multiplied by it's self, you could say it grew exponentially. It is doubtful that what is being described is truly from a mathematical sense, exponential but is close enough ..it would appear on a graph to be nearly vertical. We do not want to see that happen anywhere. Hope that helps. I wish you all a long and good life. It will be so great too once again be thinking about smacking every team that dares to come into Death Valley . The Best from Vermont.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhhhhhhh . . .

Mar 25, 2020, 12:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.” ]

never mind.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Oh boy... you done messed up A A Ronn***

Mar 25, 2020, 7:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.” ]

Mar 24, 2020, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.” ]

Day 1 - 100 positives
day 2 - 200
day 3 - 400
day 4 - 800
day 5 - 1600

Mar 24, 2020, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.” ]

Here's something to help you understand 'exponential'.

I go to work for you at the beginning of the month for $0.01.
Every day, you double my pay.
At the end of the month, I'll be rich and you'll be broke.

Mar 24, 2020, 11:33 PM

Still not an example of exponential.

Mar 25, 2020, 8:31 PM

Stop bustin' and explain - if you can

Mar 26, 2020, 12:18 AM

2^0 = 1
2^1 = 2
2^2 = 4
2^8 = 256
2^16 = 65,536
2^31 = 2,147,483,648

that increasing number after the ^ is a little thing called an exponent. In the example given starting with a penny and doubling every day, the exponent is the number of days and the doubling is the 2.

If you want to model an epidemic you can have a base number (estimated or guessed) raised to some power times the number of days. x^(days*y). That y doesn’t necessarily have to be 1, 2, 10, etc., it could be -2 or -0.5 (exponential decay). The x can be more like 1.001 so the growth is very low. (1.001^31 = 1.03)

Nevertheless, nothing continues to grow exponentially since you start running out of resources, or in this case new people to infect. A study I’ve seen often referenced here (Imperial College London) used curve fitting using some countries’ early reported numbers to estimate the variables, but there is such incomplete data due to lack of testing the doomsday predictions are suspect.

Regarding the term "exponential" with regard to the penny example, technically it is a geometric sequence because it is discrete (integer days). Exponential functions are continuous. Regarding an epidemic, is it geometric or exponential (how finely can you slice time, days, seconds, picoseconds)? Is time continuous or discrete? Models always have shortcomings, but hopefully are good enough to be useful to make informed decisions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

It would still be ‘exponential’ even if it were retreating.

Mar 24, 2020, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.” ]

But... but... it’s an EXISTENTIAL thingy or other.

Trump stares directly at eclipses too...***

Mar 24, 2020, 7:42 PM

Mar 24, 2020, 8:46 PM

Let's put all of this in the proper perspective. As the greatest country on earth we can not just roll up the sidewalks turn off the lights and throw away the key. Our society is based on goods and services and without either we cease to exist.

I would like to share figures straight from the bastion on truth, light and the American way, the CDC. We currently have 53,625 cases and 696 deaths from the present Chinese virus. Also the CDC reports from 2010 through 2018 (2019-2020 figures not finalized) we had on average 435,000 hospitalizations and 31,625 deaths from the flu.I do not recollect periods of mass hysteria during those years as we have now

The people that founded this country faced untold hardships, disease and death, but they did not give up and neither can we. Where is the pioneer spirit that was willing to ford one more river, cross one more mountain looking for that next fertile valley.

This too shall pass, God bless America!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rah, Rah! That don't cut it, genius.In a week, you'll know.***

Mar 24, 2020, 10:17 PM

Re: Rah, Rah! That don't cut it, genius.In a week, you'll know.***

Mar 25, 2020, 7:00 PM

If people like you were our founders we would not exist as America the land of the free and the home of the brave!!!!

The old flu analogy rears its ugly head again

Mar 25, 2020, 7:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.” ]

This ain't the flu.

Re: The old flu analogy rears its ugly head again

Mar 26, 2020, 3:38 AM

Dead is dead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Mar 25, 2020, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.” ]

Discretion is the better part of valor.

Mar 27, 2020, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.” ]

Call it covid you racist ####

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some on here really have to stop thinking in one dimension

Mar 24, 2020, 8:53 PM

in that we have to lock everything down or not lock anything down at all. Opening up the country is not an all or nothing proposition. It will be a targeted event based on scientific data.

First and foremost, you can be sure that strict sanitary and group gathering precautions will continue to be in effect regardless of any opening of the country back up. Second, opening the country back up does not mean we open up every location and every risk group of society. The data will dictate which locations can have the protective/quarantine measures reduced - hotspots like NY city will continue to be locked down until the data allows otherwise. Locations with low risk outbreaks will (and should) be opened back up so that the majority of low risk folks in those areas (i.e. 60 and younger with no susceptible health conditions) can go back to work. High risk folks (i.e. 70 and above with health conditions) regardless of location will be targeted for further protective measures designed to reduce their exposure. Folks this ain't impossible - we can open up parts of the country without putting our elderly in danger as long as we are smart about it and adhere to the guidelines that will be coming. I predict that if the data shows the mortality in the USA is overwhelmingly confined to a specific age group (over 70 crowd) with the overwhelming majority of people under 60 not succumbing to a COVID-19 infection then we should and will open the country up accordingly.

Final point - those of you that worry incessantly about massive death from the COVID-19 outbreak - the USA will not survive as a nation if we keep the whole country locked down until the risk of disease and death is zero. Rational people understand this and will have to settle upon a point of acceptable risk. How many deaths from COVID-19 are acceptable? And don't cry that old cliche "not one death is acceptable" because that is ignoring the realities of societies since the beginning of time. Every society lives with an acceptable rate of death in one form or another. Even though we rarely talk about it in these terms, the USA has always operated under the construct that a certain amount of risk and death are acceptable in order for us to remain a free and prosperous society. Otherwise there would be no alcohol, no fast food, no automobiles, and flu season would have shut the country down long before COVID-19 reached our shores. Our society constantly seeks that balance between risk, freedom and prosperity - now that COVID-19 is here to stay, we will have to deal with it in that same light. To do otherwise will bring about the madness of killing the patient in order to rid the patient of the disease.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some on here really have to stop thinking in one dimension

Mar 24, 2020, 9:32 PM

I made a prediction about a week ago that we will be moving back to normal by April 1st. I’m not saying we will be back to 100% by then, but people will at least see the light at the end of the quarantine tunnel, with most of us going back to work by then.

You gotta BELIEVE, MAN!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some on here really have to stop thinking in one dimension

Mar 24, 2020, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Some on here really have to stop thinking in one dimension ]

tabby, that is one of the most cogent, erudite, and meaningful responses we have had on tnet about this subject. Thank you.

Well reasoned, but what about the 60-70 group...?

Mar 24, 2020, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Some on here really have to stop thinking in one dimension ]

By the way, I disagree about the "opening up" at this time...

Re: Well reasoned, but what about the 60-70 group...?

Mar 24, 2020, 11:11 PM

SOLOS® said:

By the way, I disagree about the "opening up" at this time...

The data, which we are still collecting in the USA, will determine the actual age groupings and their associated risks will be adjusted accordingly. If I had to make a prediction, I think the Administration is going to extend the current 15 day measures for another 7 to 10 days to confirm the data they have collected. At that point they are going to make some targeted "opening up" throughout the country. Who knows but I do think they will follow the data wherever it leads...

One thing that Dr. Birx mentioned yesterday that really caught my attention was that the average age of those dying from COVID-19 in Italy are in their mid-80's. To have an average in the mid-80's that means most of their deaths are really old people who were probably very frail to begin with. Considering that the average life expectancy in Italy is 83 just about any respiratory disease these old folks catch is probably fatal.

Interesting to hear Dr. Birx's take on mortality statistics:

https://youtu.be/6VXocIiW7UU

She's hot***

Mar 25, 2020, 7:48 AM

Re: She's hot***

Mar 25, 2020, 9:11 PM

You must have cataracts.

that says it well right there. thanks.

Mar 25, 2020, 1:24 AM [ in reply to Some on here really have to stop thinking in one dimension ]

Nice to hear voices of reason amongst the madness.

Mar 24, 2020, 9:47 PM

Im not a political analyst but it seems that Easter Sunday will determine President Trump's fate.

agreed.***

Mar 25, 2020, 1:22 AM

In what way?***

Mar 27, 2020, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.” ]

I wish it would all end tomorrow.

Mar 24, 2020, 9:53 PM

I guess that’s bad, huh?

The Clinical tests will be done

Mar 24, 2020, 10:15 PM

that were started in 3 states today ,with people well by this weekend. Liberals will cry, Christians will celebrate

Mar 24, 2020, 10:17 PM

An artificial date with no scientific basis will probably be a disaster. I think that is his style.

Narcissism has its faults...***

Mar 24, 2020, 10:22 PM

Homicidal idea!

Mar 24, 2020, 10:57 PM

He is out of touch with reality. Here is another homicidal GOP idea..."On Fox News Tuesday, commentator Brit Hume leaned into the idea suggested by Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick that the elderly should be willing to sacrifice themselves to coronavirus so younger people can go work and boost the stock market, telling host Tucker Carlson that such an idea was an “entirely reasonable viewpoint.” Most GOP are pro-life, anti-abortion, until it comes to war, death penalty and now killing grandparents.

Message was edited by: tigeron®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

folks, its "homicidal" to keep the economy completely locked

Mar 25, 2020, 1:29 AM

down for much longer. That will do more harm to the country than the virus. That may sound harsh, but that is the reality of it.

Like others have said, if someone doesn't feel safe going outside then don't.

I’m 70 and I’m in total agreement with Lt. Gov Patrick

Mar 27, 2020, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Homicidal idea! ]

I’m perfectly willing to sacrifice my remaining years if it would mean getting our nation back on a sound footing so that my workin* age kids can have a future and not an economic disaster.

Fortunately, things are not that black and white.

But people who see accepting a disastrous and irreversible shut down with no end in sight as preferable somthat people like me might be “protected” from a virus are just wrong!

Hang on to these measures for a while longer, the just go back to work and let me worry about me.

I'm planning on eight weeks,

Mar 24, 2020, 11:42 PM

6.5 weeks from now, so around May 5. But only if we get people to behave properly and stop downplaying the threat. Even if Trump wants to open things up early, the governors of the major states won't go along.

It isn't as bad as it sounds, there will be fewer vacations in the summer and the country will be more productive in the summer than usual. A lot of us fall into the essential jobs category, so we'll be working through the whole ordeal and generating GDP. Just do your best to support service workers with take-out meals and tip what you can afford.

Probably too soon for everybody to return to life as normal.

Mar 25, 2020, 12:10 AM

Barring a cure, we still need to "flatten the curve". Once we can confirm we've done that, then we can talk about a target date for returning to normal. At some point before too long, we will have to accept that we will have to return to normalcy and manage the threat posed by covid 19 as best as we can.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Probably too soon for everybody to return to life as normal.

Mar 25, 2020, 7:16 AM

he didnt say everybody. that would be great but there are large chunks of the country that is not effected by this thing very much. plus all the new medicines will be in effect by then. i still do not know anyone that knows anyone that has this terrible bug. lets have some hope guys. i refuse to live my life in fear.

I don't disagree with your points, except to say that

Mar 25, 2020, 7:49 PM

heeding the advice of epidemiologists and medical experts does not equate to fear. I'm certainly not living in fear, but I'm not being a dumbace either.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Probably too soon for everybody to return to life as normal.

Mar 25, 2020, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Probably too soon for everybody to return to life as normal. ]

Smily - yes. When we see the numbers stop climbing and at least level off then we can talk about starting back towards normal. Don't put an arbitrary date on it. Wait until the evidence shows that we've turned the corner. THEN discuss how to start back.

Mar 25, 2020, 2:41 AM

That won't happen.

Mar 25, 2020, 7:12 AM

care to wager dipsh it

Mar 25, 2020, 7:17 AM

Yeah no prob. You're ignorant on multiple levels always. First off, the state of Florida is already on a mandatory shutdown past Easter. It ends a few days after Easter. Secondly, the worst is still a few weeks away. Finally, Trump doesn't decide what every state in the nation does. Trump didn't have any say in the current shutdowns. I can't tell if you're just senile, dumb, or ignorant, or a combo.

Uhhhhh - as of right now, the state of FLORIDA IS NOT on a

Mar 25, 2020, 7:22 AM

mandatory shutdown.

Why type this 100% falsehood ?

And you’re calling others ignorant & dumb and on and on ????? Rich.

Re: Uhhhhh - as of right now, the state of FLORIDA IS NOT on a

Mar 25, 2020, 7:34 AM

I am in Florida and yes it is. Well bars, restaurants, barbers, etc etc, are ordered closed for 30 days....so yeah its basically a shutdown. I live here. They won't be open before Easter. The state is basically shutdown. Moreover, place like NY will not be open by Easter. My point stands.

Mar 25, 2020, 7:46 AM

dates are dates. hell who knows, with all the new treatments the curve might flatten out sooner. and dipsh it i guess you missed the part where he said not all areas might be able to open by then.

Mar 25, 2020, 7:58 AM

The curve will not change fast enough by Easter. 18 days from now? What type of moron would think everything will be open by then? It won't be. If the virus peaked in 14 days from now, we would still have 0% chance of opening everything up 4 days later. It's not happening.

Mar 25, 2020, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.” ]

I believe President Trump, is practicing what is written in Madison's, Hamilton's and Jay's Federalist Papers. Since you have plenty of time on your hands down in Florida you might like to brush up on their writings. Then again you may not have the time, so I will give it to you in a nut shell. A Federalist government only uses powers enumerated to it by the Constitution thereby allowing the states certain powers not granted to the federal government. To put it in a layman's terms, a liberal believes the world begins and ends in Washington, DC and a conservative believes in a small and limited government.

May the virus pass over you and your household.

Mar 26, 2020, 6:35 AM

Obviously late to the party and WAY down the rabbit hole on this thread, but you, sir, have totally mischaracterized the Federalist/Anti-Federalist debate. Before you accuse other of historical illiteracy, you probably need to pick up a history book yourself.

Condensed version: Hamilton, Madison, and Jay (mostly Hamilton) use their essays to lay out a case to ratification of the new Constitution in part by demonstrating that a stronger, centralized government would be a check on the unfettered liberty that states enjoyed under the Articles of Confederation. The Anti-Federalists, like Mason, Henry, and to some extent Jefferson, favored a more state-centered approach.

Beyond your mischaracterization, trying to view 18th century political debates through the lens of 21st century liberalism and conservatism is a species, historiographically dishonest exercise. Just stop.

Mar 25, 2020, 7:07 AM

He's clueless at the moment.

Mar 25, 2020, 7:52 AM

DC shutdown all non essential business past Easter. So there you go. There's your answer.

Mar 25, 2020, 7:53 AM

so dc is the whole country huh. got it.

Any chance you two could take your diaper fight offline?

Mar 25, 2020, 7:55 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any chance you two could take your diaper fight offline?

Mar 25, 2020, 8:11 AM

Nah...ha. I have fun with derobers. Also, that's kind of what this thread is about. Football board arguing politics when we should be talking spring football.

Mar 25, 2020, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.” ]

Yeah DC is part of the nation. NY is part of the nation. They will not be open by Easter. The places make this country run will not be open by Easter. It will not be business as normal by Easter in this country.

Mar 25, 2020, 8:05 AM

He actually went on to say that it may not be possible to fully open certain areas that have high numbers of cases, but there are many other areas of the country where people don't live right on top of each other, and there aren't many cases. In those areas, we should be able to get back to work, but stay smart while doing it. I tend to agree.

Mar 25, 2020, 8:12 AM

Trump is in way over his head. His greatest strength is his ability to bu11$hit his way thru anything. He’s been great at this for decades. But now he’s run into something that nobody can BS through. The virus response requires leadership and magagement skills. He’s never shown either. He can sell, BS and spin PR, but that’s not going to work with this mess. I don’t dislike the guy, he’s just in over his head, big time.

Mar 25, 2020, 8:17 AM

User Logo
BIG HOUSE
Recruit [91]
TigerPulse: 97%
Posted: Mar 25, 2020 8:12 AM

Trump is in way over his head. His greatest strength is his ability to bu11$hit his way thru anything. He’s been great at this for decades. But now he’s run into something that nobody can BS through. The virus response requires leadership and magagement skills. He’s never shown either. He can sell, BS and spin PR, but that’s not going to work with this mess. I don’t dislike the guy, he’s just in over his head, big time.

uh, that is why he has all the experts on the panel. he is pretty much just a spokesman. he would not do anything that the task force says is not feasible. but hey, you do not dislike him huh. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Mar 25, 2020, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.” ]

His 60% approval rating on his handling of this virus disagrees with you.

Mar 25, 2020, 8:37 AM

Since when is 60% approval on handling a particular precise situation good? Maybe it is good. That's sounds weak. It's not an overall approval rating.

Mar 25, 2020, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.” ]

Trump is all hat and no cattle. I pity the fools that can’t see that.

Your 60% figure is proof of his skills with smoke n mirrors. Thank you.

Mar 25, 2020, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.” ]

Big House - Bingo !!

Yes, by all means let’s put Joe Biden in charge!

Mar 27, 2020, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.” ]

And hire Corn Pop to enforce the lock down.

Mar 25, 2020, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump wants to “open the country back up by Easter.” ]

User Logo
cdj001
CU Guru [1703]
TigerPulse: 95%
Posted: Mar 25, 2020 8:05 AM

He actually went on to say that it may not be possible to fully open certain areas that have high numbers of cases, but there are many other areas of the country where people don't live right on top of each other, and there aren't many cases. In those areas, we should be able to get back to work, but stay smart while doing it. I tend to agree.

please, no facts allowed. the dipsh its that hate trump would complain if he found a cure tomorrow.

Mar 25, 2020, 8:19 AM

For once we agree. He said he hoped it would be all open by Easter. He did not say it would be. He actually said it may not be. That is true. It's still laughable that he even thinks there would be a chance by Easter. There is no chance.

I think it's an optimistic goal..

Mar 25, 2020, 8:12 AM

but I hope he's right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I think it's an optimistic goal..

Mar 25, 2020, 8:20 AM

and that was his exact word "optimistic"

Mar 25, 2020, 12:14 PM [ in reply to I think it's an optimistic goal.. ]

All hat, no cattle.

Mar 25, 2020, 7:09 PM

And you are all blowhard.

Mar 25, 2020, 8:22 PM

It’s certainly your prerogative to call me a blowhard, I expect it’ll take me a few days to get over it. The good news for me is I can confidently say I don’t lie to you and others. The bad news for you is you have been conned by a reality TV star wearing orange make up.

Mar 26, 2020, 10:36 AM

well, thanks for allowing me to call you a blowhard, blowhard. that "reality" star, has done more for this country, than any president EVER. If you deny that, you are not only a blowhard, but and ignorant troll.

It is a goal. Not a hard deadline.

Mar 26, 2020, 12:08 AM

I trust he will do the right thing. If it takes another week so be it. The virus doe not like heat. We need some 80 degree days.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly ... an aspirational goal. I remember the radicals

Mar 27, 2020, 2:00 PM

Pushing the Green New Deal as if it were doable, but now they want to give a Trump The bigness over a much more achievable “aspirational goal” .

Mar 26, 2020, 6:27 AM

First of all I agree with allowing anyone to go to work to support their families. No one should take this virus or any other communicable disease lightly. I will not preach about America's lack of proper hygiene but it is atrocious. Being married to an ICU nurse I see her taking precautions that other American Nurses do not even take. Maybe now they are. Maybe in Asian countries they do not have the luxury of using throw away sterile disposable medical supplies which other countries have to sterilize and reuse? We lived and were a part of MERS epidemic and so all our hospitals were already prepared to accept the CV-19 patients and know about facemasks and all other precautions. Our life is ongoing we do not have run on food or other supplies. The public is wearing masks and treat everyone as if they are affected. We swab everything down and wash our shoes with clorox wipes and never have we worn a pair of shoes in the house it is custom. Office workers and friends stand more than six feet away. We were all issued sanitizers for the desks, all office doors are sanitized at the end of every day. Every elevator has two sanitizers one on each side of the door. Every common door has sanitizer on the wall. We have high volume N99 room air filtration machines with Chlorine gas disperses in the waiting areas of each floor of our office building. We own the building so easy to take such measures. We also own our own health clinics which are specific for our own 20,000 plus employees of our 54 companies but to the general public if needed.

So yes work can go on but people in the US need to be smart and act like everyone is infected. You should act like you are infected as well so you do not spread the virus to other and your loved ones. Be respectful of this virus. Alone it is not so bad for the majority but if the health care system is overloaded then it can turn into a life sentence for anyone who contracts the virus. Do not take this lightly. Encourage everyone to treat this seriously. My parents are 90 and live in Greenville and they have take all precautions before it hit the US at the guidance of my wife. Masks in hand the wife had already ordered plenty for them in December, delivery and proper protocols early set. The do not need to leave the house at all. They were already stocked up for 90 days with most items.

Be a boy scout and always be prepared. I hope no one in this room goes or knows anyone that has to go to the hospital. God bless everyone.

Replies: 107
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic