Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why does the media hates Trump more than other Republican presidents
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 670

Why does the media hates Trump more than other Republican presidents

Aug 20, 2020, 5:55 PM

The Trump lovers seem to constantly say you only want Biden to win because you hate Trump so much because of the media bias.

Do you think the media would not have been just as hard on both Bushes and Reagan if these presidents gave them a window to criticize them?

Do you think the Republicans back in the 90s were nice guys when they impeached Clinton because he lied under oath about a sexual relationship that was only a personal character weakness issue?

Most Trump supporters understand that Trump has a lot of weaknesses, and at least in many cases he has gotten what he deserves from the standpoint of scandals he created. But they live with it because he is a better choice than the other candidate.

The Trump supporters that place not even a little blame on Trump I have no respect for at all.

The point is politics is a brutal, dirty business. The media will prounce on any president that gives them an angle. (yes more so Republicans than Democrats). I just don’t have a lot of sympathy for Trumps scandals. The fact that he has been in more hot water then not only any other president in recent history, but also the previous Republican presidents is not just bad luck. The liberal media has had a much easier time attacking Trump than previous Republican presidents, and that’s no one’s fault but Trumps.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ones who LOVE to call Democrats

Aug 20, 2020, 6:05 PM

snowflakes and cucks were just projecting all along.

It took a few years, but it's evident now. Painfully evident.

Add in "bootlicker", and you've got the perfect description of the average Trump supporter.

I miss being able to call myself a Republican without wanting to kill myself for shame.

Re: The ones who LOVE to call Democrats

Aug 20, 2020, 6:29 PM

You shouldn’t kill yourself for shame. That’s not my point at all. Reluctantly, I actually hope Trump wins. My only issue is with Trump supporters that will not admit he has problems. The argument that Trump is the best choice in spite of his problems is totally fair, and that’s where I am personally. When you only have two choices, your options are obviously limited.

I'm not saying I would kill MYself.

Aug 20, 2020, 6:30 PM

I'm just saying that I would do so if I supported Trump.

Re: I'm not saying I would kill MYself.

Aug 20, 2020, 6:35 PM

OK got it. Now I understand

because he hasnt started any wars? The Killer Angels?***

Aug 20, 2020, 6:07 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: because he hasnt started any wars? The Killer Angels?***

Aug 20, 2020, 7:08 PM

I am sure you supported W's invasion of Iraq though too.

Not a career politician / globalist / environmentalist / and

Aug 20, 2020, 7:02 PM

calls them what they are ... fake news.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or maybe he's just a fat, narcissistic phony. Mastered

Aug 20, 2020, 7:07 PM

personal branding in the 80s and 90s and it became quickly apparent he was a fake. And ironically, when the facade fell apart, he was able to rally a bunch of borderline special needs folks into supporting him for the presidency as if it were some 2nd rate NBC reality show.

It's a tragedy, yet you gloat.

I hope someone nukes us out of existence.

Re: Why does the media hates Trump more than other Republican presidents

Aug 20, 2020, 7:20 PM

Obama weaponized the IRS against political foes. Not a GD word from the media, FK them for life..... there ya go.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 7:31 PM

Keowee, how many political associates were arrested that were connected to Obama?

Aug 20, 2020, 7:39 PM

You are right. There are no crimes when no one is arrested, correct? For the same reason two gun wielding property owners were brought up on charges, but no one breaking down the community gate and threatening them were. Justice......

Just a few highlights of Obama’s clean administration:

“• State Department email. In an effort to evade federal open-records laws, Mr. Obama’s first secretary of state set up a private server, which she used exclusively to conduct official business, including communications with the president and the transmission of classified material. A federal criminal investigation produced no charges, but FBI Director James Comey reported that the secretary and her colleagues “were extremely careless” in handling national secrets.

• Operation Fast and Furious. The Obama Justice Department lost track of thousands of guns it had allowed to pass into the hands of suspected smugglers, in the hope of tracing them to Mexican drug cartels. One of the guns was used in the fatal 2010 shooting of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry. Congress held then-Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt when he refused to turn over documents about the operation.

• IRS abuses. Mr. Obama’s Internal Revenue Service did something Richard Nixon only dreamed of doing: It successfully targeted political opponents. The Justice Department then refused to enforce Congress’s contempt citation against the IRS’s Lois Lerner, who refused to answer questions about her agency’s misconduct.

• Benghazi. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three others were killed in the attack on a U.S. diplomatic compound in Libya. With less than two months to go before the 2012 election, the State Department falsely claimed the attack was not a terrorist attack but a reaction to an anti-Muslim film. Emails from the secretary later showed that she knew the attack was terrorism. Justice Department prosecutors even convinced a magistrate judge to jail the filmmaker.

• Hacking. Mr. Obama presided over the biggest data breach in the federal government’s history, at the Office of Personnel Management. The hack exposed the personnel files of millions of federal employees and may end up being used for everything from identity theft to blackmail and espionage. OPM Director Katherine Archuleta, the president’s former political director, had been warned repeatedly about security deficiencies but took no steps to fix them.

• Veterans Affairs. At least 40 U.S. veterans died waiting for appointments at a Phoenix VA facility, many of whom had been on a secret waiting list—part of an effort to conceal that between 1,400 and 1,600 veterans were forced to wait months for appointments. A 2014 internal VA audit found “57,436 newly enrolled veterans facing a minimum 90-day wait for medical care; 63,869 veterans who enrolled over the past decade requesting an appointment that never happened.” Even Mr. Obama admitted, in a November 2016 press conference, that “it was scandalous what happened”—though minutes earlier he boasted that “we will—knock on wood—leave this administration without significant scandal.”

All of these scandals were accompanied by a lack of transparency so severe that 47 of Mr. Obama’s 73 inspectors general signed an open letter in 2014 decrying the administration’s stonewalling of their investigations.

One reason for Mr. Obama’s penchant for secrecy is his habit of breaking rules—from not informing Congress of the dubious prisoner swap involving Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl and the Taliban, to violating restrictions on cash transfers to Iran as part of a hostage-release deal.

The president’s journalistic allies are happily echoing the “scandal-free” myth. Time’s Joe Klein claims Mr. Obama has had “absolutely no hint of scandal” in his presidency. The media’s failure to cover the Obama administration critically has been a scandal in itself—but at least the president can’t be blamed for that one.“

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When a (D) does it, obviously there is no criminal intent so

Aug 20, 2020, 8:23 PM

no charges.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Aug 20, 2020, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Why does the media hates Trump more than other Republican presidents ]

Blah blah blah and blah blah blah. You didn’t answer my question. How many Obama associates were arrested?

GOP gave up that claim. Keep up with your conspiracies

Aug 20, 2020, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Why does the media hates Trump more than other Republican presidents ]

Republicans claimed the IRS served as an attack dog for the Obama White House. But inquiries by the House Ways and Means Committee, the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, the Senate Finance Committee, the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations and the Justice Department all failed to produce evidence of political interference.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2017-11-20/gop-surrenders-cherished-irs-scandal-at-last

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They hated W just as much***

Aug 20, 2020, 7:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump is anti-establishment. That’s why the hate.

Aug 20, 2020, 8:25 PM

The typical GOP is in on the game and is happy to let the Elite gravy train roll. The Swamp was not pleased.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Trump is anti-establishment. That’s why the hate.

Aug 20, 2020, 8:32 PM

Very fair point. That’s clearly part of it. But I will counter with that’s not all of it. Trump is more corrupt than any president in my lifetime with the exception of possibly Clinton. Do you disagree?

Replies: 17
| visibility 670
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic