Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson-Alabama tickets prices approaching all-time levels
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson-Alabama tickets prices approaching all-time levels

Jan 4, 2017, 12:46 PM

Clemson-Alabama tickets prices approaching all-time levels

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fake new, Fake new... RAd

Jan 4, 2017, 12:53 PM

:) I wish

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Supply-Demand

Jan 4, 2017, 12:58 PM

None of the 35,000 tickets allocated to Clemson and Alabama have hit the market yet. It'll be interesting to see how the price moves tomorrow night. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm betting up***

Jan 4, 2017, 1:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I'm betting up***

Jan 4, 2017, 1:37 PM

I think it'll remain flat until Saturday. Then the bottom falls out.

I honestly don't seen prices coming down much if any

Jan 4, 2017, 1:52 PM

Pretty easy driving distance for both fan bases so far more people looking for tickets than there are tickets available.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but

Jan 4, 2017, 2:35 PM

$1000 per ticket is an astronomical price for both fan bases. I believe there's a bunch of people out there that want to go, but can't justify spending that kind of money on tickets (plus hotel, etc.). The good thing about this discussion is that we'll get to see what happens in just a few days.

Re: True, but

Jan 4, 2017, 3:16 PM

that's me... i LOVE clemson football... LOVE IT!!!... but, i'm not rich or dumb. so, i can't justify spending thousands of dollars to see something i can see on my couch for nothing.

i know some might think that makes me a lesser of a tiger... but, i promise, it doesn't.

Jan 4, 2017, 5:52 PM

It doesn't make you less of a Tiger, nor me more of a Tiger just because I am going. Personally, I want to be there to get to experience this one. I couldn't afford to go when the last one was won by Clemson. Now I can, and I may not live long enough to see the next Clemson NC (although I do hope it's again next year, and that would be just fine with me, too). I am not passing up the opportunity we have to bring it all home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2017, 6:41 AM [ in reply to Re: True, but ]

It makes you one of the smarter ones!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2017, 6:39 AM [ in reply to True, but ]

And TV ads will allow the smart one to see the game for $00.00 dollars and cents, In my Lazy boy, one of the best seats in the house. My wife will have the matching Lazy boy playing internet games;)

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should be comparing 1/6/16 to 1/4/17 b/c last year's game

Jan 4, 2017, 1:14 PM

was played on Jan 11th. I imagine the tickets for sale would decrease as game time approached.

Re: Should be comparing 1/6/16 to 1/4/17 b/c last year's game

Jan 4, 2017, 3:18 PM

supposedly, someone went to arizona last year and waited til about an hour before the game, and bought 2 tix for $125 a piece.. just what i heard... but, that was also across the country and not just down the road (driving distance, anyway)

It's true

Jan 5, 2017, 8:41 AM

I went to the Championship game in Arizona last year and just a few hours before the game you could get tickets near the 50 yard line on the Alabama side for around $100. If you didn't mind sitting in the corners it was even less.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Should be comparing 1/6/16 to 1/4/17 b/c last year's game

Jan 5, 2017, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Should be comparing 1/6/16 to 1/4/17 b/c last year's game ]

> supposedly, someone went to arizona last year and
> waited til about an hour before the game, and bought
> 2 tix for $125 a piece.. just what i heard... but,
> that was also across the country and not just down
> the road (driving distance, anyway)

My wife and I bought two tickets for $150 each 48 hours before the game last year and snagged cheap last minute flights. I honestly think it was because of the location and I can't justify to myself (nor afford) spending $2k+ just for tickets to go again this year.....

guess i was wrong

Jan 4, 2017, 1:37 PM

living in tampa/st pete - i thought paying 800 from stub hub (with fees) wight after the game was too high and thought it would drop when the ohio state crew dumped theirs. wrong. price has continued to go up.
oh well - its only money.
maybe i will swap my masters tickets for them.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...Masters tickets...

Jan 4, 2017, 1:54 PM

somebody just might take you up on that.

Good thing I went last year lol

Jan 4, 2017, 5:10 PM

I'll be in Tampa but highly doubt I'll be sitting in the stands this year. Go Tigers!!

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic