Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU is the only SEC team remaining with no losses, and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,752

LSU is the only SEC team remaining with no losses, and

Oct 18, 2015, 6:44 PM

they still have to play Bama, TAM, Ole Miss, and Arky - so I don't foresee the SEC going undefeated the entire season. If LSU wins the West and UF wins the East, then UF might beat LSU on a neutral field. Would that be a hoot if the SEC does not represent in the playoff? This might get good.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would love to see LSU beat Bama, then lose to Florida in

Oct 18, 2015, 7:39 PM

the SEC CG, after Florida is beaten by FSU. Chaos in the SEC, with no rep in the Playoff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would love to see that but,

Oct 18, 2015, 7:45 PM

one of the most effective propaganda phrases ever used is "one loss SEC team". With that tag line all of Americas media began to believe that the SEC deserved a spot in the title game every year because there conference is stronger than everyone else. Not necessarily fair but it is what it is.

Re: I would love to see that but,

Oct 18, 2015, 7:49 PM

But wouldn't the disclaimer be that a 1-loss SEC team must win the SECCG? They can't seriously consider a team like TAM that was blown out by Bama, or Bama who was beaten at home by a Ole Miss team that lost to Memphis and UF. The SEC East is weak IMO, so I'm not sure they would be considered.

True. It would be hard for the committee to put a non conference winner in the playoff.

Oct 18, 2015, 7:54 PM

But I bet it would be equally hard to leave the SEC out of the playoff. Either way if Clemson can win out I think we get a spot at the table and this is what I would really love to see. Leaving the SEC out would almost immediately cause the powers to be to consider an 8 team playoff.

Re: True. It would be hard for the committee to put a non conference winner in the playoff.

Oct 18, 2015, 9:54 PM

The only reason I would not want to see a SEC left out of the playoff is because all the talking heads would spin it so the best team in the country got left out of the playoff, for example a one-loss Bama team that didn't make the championship game (because Ole Miss wins out and loses the CG to a 3 loss FL - Let's say FL loses to UGA and FSU). Although I really believe that if that is what happened, you would see the Playoff Committee spin circles to make it so Conference Championships don't mean the same thing they meant last year when Baylor and/or TCU got left out.

there's no doubt they'd spin it***

Oct 18, 2015, 10:46 PM

Pull for Ole Miss

Oct 18, 2015, 7:51 PM

And UGa.

Miss vs Uga in Atl would mean no SEC in the playoff.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

each control their own destiny

Oct 18, 2015, 7:59 PM

that would be hilarious.

Even if Fla makes it and loses to FSU it would work out great.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet an Ole Miss vs UGA SEC Title

Oct 18, 2015, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Pull for Ole Miss ]

with a 1 loss Bama team left out would put Bama in the playoff. You know how that B.S. works!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,752
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic