Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Triva question for a Coot!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Triva question for a Coot!!

Jul 5, 2013, 7:00 AM

Since yall have only been playing competitive big boy football for "4 years" now....

How many times over the last 100+ years have you beaten Clemson 4 or more in a row???

How many times has Clemson done it to you???

Nuff said!!

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Triva question for a Coot!!

Jul 5, 2013, 7:11 AM

0-21?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best 5th place team ever in the SEC

Jul 5, 2013, 7:14 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love how those rings say "most wins ever"

Jul 5, 2013, 7:57 AM

As if the rings aren't dorky enough, they add that stupid #### line just to be sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Even the youngest and tiniest "beauty queens" are proud of

Jul 5, 2013, 8:08 AM

their little, plastic tiaras. Like in the Little, Itty-Bitty, Teeny-Weeny, Itsy-Bitsy, Wee Wee Wee Miss Something or the Other contests. The analogy seems to fit, I think. lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Even the youngest and tiniest "beauty queens" are proud of

Jul 5, 2013, 8:12 AM

The "wee wee" part , especially.

LOL...Amazing the glory that some folks can find in the

Jul 5, 2013, 8:27 AM

most trivial pursuits. Some years ago, I heard of a contest to determine who could "pee" the furthest. Surprisingly, a gal won!

Re: LOL...Amazing the glory that some folks can find in the

Jul 5, 2013, 11:07 AM

I once lost a five dollar bet to my sloot SIL who peed in a circle four feet up the side of the house.

BIL said that wasn't her only skill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait a minute. Your sister-in-law isn't married to your

Jul 8, 2013, 7:50 AM

brother-in-law.

Things that make you go, hmmmmm.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Speaking of Little, Itty-Bitty, Teeny-Weeny, Itsy-Bitsy,

Jul 5, 2013, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Even the youngest and tiniest "beauty queens" are proud of ]

Wee Wees....how are you today my friend?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Coots are proud of this...

Jul 5, 2013, 9:19 AM

They are the only team with an Assistant Coach who has been arrested for being drunk, urinating on a Main Street.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best 5th place team ever in the SEC

Jul 6, 2013, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Best 5th place team ever in the SEC ]

give it up with the rings, I know it's ridiculous and they didn't win a championship, but EVERYBODY does that now, including Clemson. It's just a recruiting thing.

No, everyone does bowl championship rings...this wasn't that***

Jul 7, 2013, 1:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: No, everyone does bowl championship rings...this wasn't that***

Jul 8, 2013, 10:05 AM

actually it was a Capital One Bowl Championship ring...the design of the ring and what they emphasized is up to the team. I believe that your Chick-fil-a Bowl rings have 11 wins on there as well, just not on the stone.

Jul 5, 2013, 11:09 AM

63-17!!! TOUCHDOWN TiGERS!!!

Jul 6, 2013, 2:45 PM

Hope you enjoy living in the past as the present has not looked so good for you. Oh, and the future? More of the same. See you in November.

Jul 6, 2013, 4:33 PM

Future? Dirtpecker, you have no future, you have 4 seniors!
Clowney is the last big recruit you got, when you were cheating.

You are hypocritical for calling us out on "the past"

Jul 8, 2013, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Triva question for a Coot!! ]

If you are still harping on wins that happened 4 years ago, you are also living in the past, my friend. Just not as far back in the past, but the past nonetheless

Jul 6, 2013, 12:34 AM

Clemson has owned South Carolina for more than a century in football, but Carolina has had the better team for the past 4-5 years. I do wonder which Tiger coach, considering all of the illustrious history of the program, has the all-time worst winning percentage against the garnet and black? Surely it couldn't be "dat boy", could it?? If so, the game this November could prove to be critical in his maintaining the cult-like status he enjoys among his devoted legions of admirers and acolytes. Most of these avid "Dabo-ites" become enraged, or infuriated, at the mere suggestion that the coach whom they worship may have feet of clay and really doesn't go out for strolls on Hartwell or Keowee.

I disagree

Jul 8, 2013, 8:57 AM

I personally believe Clemson had the better teams in 2009 and 2011, and we were about equal in 2012. All 3 of those just fell short.

Re: Re: Triva question for a Coot!!

Jul 6, 2013, 5:42 AM

@MoterMouthBengal

<<<
Pick your beak up outta the dirt and head on back!!

Go Tigers!!

Jul 6, 2013, 8:08 AM

It's called logic, ALLIN4DABO.......if my "beak was in the dirt", why wouldn't I LOVE ol'Dabo? He is the best news ever for the ##### out of these hills! Trust me, he is very popular in Columbia!

Jul 6, 2013, 8:31 AM

Correct Motor City. And what is most important is who has the CURRENT four game winning streak. Let's see if Dabo can do something about it this year. And frankly, I don't get all the obsession with the coots here. If they really were so insignificant and inept as a football program, the Tiger faithful would only be talking about them a couple months a year. The reality is Spurrier has made them very competitive, their instate recruiting is at least equal to the Tigers' and SEC money and television will probably keep it this way for quite some time. The Coots truly were at a disadvantage athletically against the Tigers for many years. Doesn't appear to be the case here in the present. Talking trash ain't gonna get it done against them anymore.

Jul 6, 2013, 3:02 PM

This goes to you 9 training wheels( calls itself 18wheeler lol) it took spurrier7 yrs to build his oil program and has done an excellent job. Coach Dabo is on his 5th yr and building we will beat you this year and that will be the beginning of the end spurrier will quite not retire but quite after we win2 -3 in a row just so he can say he had a winning record against us at chickenville!

Jul 6, 2013, 3:26 PM

Nice work, especially the compliment for Spurrier. He has built ithe program the right way and you are having some trouble accepting that. The depth is the best we have ever had and despite what some of your tiger brethren say, the talent level is as good if not better that yours. That is why Dabo isn't beating us, and while November is a long way off and lots can happen, I think you will see 5 in a row.

Things have changed in athletics at USC, and I know it hurts you. We won't win them all going forward, but we will win a lot. Not sure when he retires, but when he does, the changes he has made in the program remain. Been watching this for 30 years, things truly are different.

look at k-state, minus snyder. this is EXACTLY what

Jul 6, 2013, 4:31 PM

usuc will be without the 'ol ball sack. the ncaa hasn't been as harsh on the penalties committed by usuc since the 'ol sack is the hc, but the next guy won't be as fortunate. the rest of the country knows what is going on in the sec, and as the current "brand name" coaches retire, the new breed won't be afforded the same level of protection by the enforcement committee.

Re: look at k-state, minus snyder. this is EXACTLY what

Jul 6, 2013, 8:51 PM

Weak sgt tiger, and don't lecture me on the NCAA and enforcement. Just take a look at UNC, FSU, and Miami from the ACC for 0 enforcement. No coach was sanctioned in "Whitneygate" as you guys like to call it, can't say the same for your buddies.

The fact remains that USC has put together a heck of an athletic program the last 5 years, with coaches, facilities, recruiting and more. And it won't lapse when the HBC decides to retire. You'll just have to recognize that times have changed. Get used to it.

try this on for size. prior to snyder at ksu, and the 'ol

Jul 7, 2013, 12:35 PM

ball sack, those two programs were two of the nations worst. when snyder left k-state after his 1st tour of duty, they were playing pretty good ball.after his departure ksu went straight back down. the usuc program mirrors ksu, so what reason, with some facts to support it, is there to not assume usuc will do the exact same thing ksu did, sans snyder, when the 'ol hbc retires?

Re: look at k-state, minus snyder. this is EXACTLY what

Jul 8, 2013, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Re: look at k-state, minus snyder. this is EXACTLY what ]

UNC got a post season ban same with miami (or at least they had the humility to self impose it). GT got a title stripped because of $350 of clothes that a player received from a cousin!! SCAR got what stripped of 2 scholarships/year over 3 years for 50,000+ of impermissible benefits don't even get me started on SCAM Newton...

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jul 6, 2013, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: Triva question for a Coot!! ]

The right way? Are you on crack?
He paid players to come there. how many years straight have the dirtpeckers been on probation?
Spurrier cuts players when they don't produce. That's why younonly have FOUR seniors this year. That recruiting class had 29 players.
How many times was Garcia suspended? How many games did he miss? Then cut him after he didn't need him anymore.

Jul 7, 2013, 7:09 AM

And how many of those years have been atributed to either Spurrier or a coach? Technically the same number as your beloved Tigers who have recruiting violations every year of Dabo's tenure. And before you retreat to the "self reported" violations excuse, so were Carolina's.

As far as "cutting players" look to your own roster - Dabo does the same. The 4 senior argument does not hold water either, some left to go to NFL, some did not make it in, some redshirted, and yes, some left.

Suspensions? Yes he was suspended, unlike players at Clemson who beat girlfriends or who don't have underage drinking charges filed, or who....never mind, this is too easy.

You really have to get over your blind hatred and recognize that USC has passed Clemson. Will it stay that way over time? Who knows. But for the foreseeable future, you bet.

Jul 7, 2013, 9:59 AM

Spurrier is responsible for everything that happens in your program. Don't pass the buck and give him a free pass. He knew players were staying in that hotel.
I don't hate Usuc. Its the fans that cant keep thier mouths shut. The chickens have a little success. And what comes out of your mouths? " we have passed Clemson" " we will never lose to Clemson again" " One for the thumb"

Your grandfathers and fathers said the same.

Can you win with class?

Jul 6, 2013, 4:06 PM

We have won 4 in a row one time prior to this, we've won 5 out of 7 4 times. It might interest you to know that there was a 35 year stretch (1941-1975)when Carolina won 52% of the games compared to Clemson's 42%. Our going independent and Clemson bringing in the Pell/Ford regimes tipped the scale back to Clemson. We have now flipped it back it seems. Clemson has a 9 game advantage overall since 1941.

you do know what happened in '41, right! remember

Jul 6, 2013, 4:36 PM

clemson was a military school. add 1+1. if you come up with 2, you can understand why y'all won an xtra game or 2 for a few years! jeez, you are pretty smart.

However, up until 1961 you have to remember that

Jul 8, 2013, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Triva question for a Coot!! ]

Clemson played EVERY GAME in Columbia. Thus, when Clemson was unable to play any of those games at home, they still were able to hold the overall series (albeit only by a little bit). Once games started being played in Clemson, the number shifted further Clemson's way.

Re: you do know what happened in '41, right! remember

Jul 6, 2013, 4:57 PM

They are dirtpeckers duh how smart can they be! The whole can't see the trees because of the forest is in full effect with them

Jul 6, 2013, 5:14 PM

See you at Waffle House when you're flipping my burger!!!

Jul 6, 2013, 6:23 PM

Boys and girls, we can make all of the excuses we want, but three facts remain: 1) Dabo can't outcoach Spurrier, 2) The Chad cannot outcoach Ellis or Whammy 3) Brent didn't do very well against Mangus, Jr., or whoever the hail was doing the play-calling last November. I don't have to live with what happened in 1933, 1946, or 1975. I do have to live with last years game, as well as the previous three, two happening in our house. To me, all that scheisse falls squarely on Dabo's head!

...talk about the past

Jul 7, 2013, 7:26 AM

Eveey win in this series is in the past , including the last 4. If it were me and I were acoot fan I would be concerned with keeping up with the likes of GA/TN/Fla. Those programs have actually been a little down during the dirtpecker rise to upper mediocrity..gotta think that it wull all be changing shortly , looking at that half-a$$recruiting class Sadkerlina is muddling together. Please dont tell me about player development , you cant make cake outta corn husks , Coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 7, 2013, 1:37 PM

I don't know who our next coach may be, but I'm confident he'll do better than Dabo has done. Dabo has only 4 wins against teams that finished the year in the top 25 in his entire coaching career. Only 1 of those was against a team that finished in the top 20(AP). We had that many just last year. The lure of the SEC, school with first class facilities, great fan support and plenty of revenue will insure that our next coach will be whoever we go after.

Jul 8, 2013, 3:27 AM

We can only hope its Lane Kiffin- gosh that'd be hilarious! Perfect snotty gripey attitude to follow in Darth Visor's footsteps.

Jul 8, 2013, 8:08 AM

Nah. He's not nearly old enough. Monte Kiffin, maybe.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

keep telling yourself that. y'all have had 5 head coaches

Jul 8, 2013, 3:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Triva question for a Coot!! ]

who had won a mnc at another school and 1, count'em 1, has had any resemblance of success at usuc, and for HIS best year, he bought 5th place rings and set a record for futility in the seccg. usuc is still a coaches graveyard, 2 or 3 good years isn't close to changing that. see ksu.

Re: keep telling yourself that. y'all have had 5 head coaches

Jul 8, 2013, 8:38 AM

If only it could be because you say so Sgt Tiger. All this whining about how the coots are going to suck when Spurrier leaves just proves and reinforces how far along he has brought their program. It comes off as wishful thinking and a concession that the coots are better than the tigers but that will change when he leaves. College football has changed and so has the way they play football in Columbia as evidenced by all the posts like this one predicting the imminent demise of the coots. Guess what, these same wait 'til November; wait 'til Spurrier leaves; wait 'til the second coming of Dabo posts have been said repeatedly here for the past four years. They haven't done crap for beating the coots and Spurrier is 4-0 against Dabo as full-time head coach. So, for the love of Howard's rock, give it a rest!

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic