Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trevor Lawrence question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Trevor Lawrence question

Dec 29, 2020, 11:55 AM

I was the guest on a FoxSports Radio show in Pennsylvania last night and the host asked me about Trevor Lawrence. He then proceeded to tell me that Lawrence is the best college quarterback he's ever seen. I've heard a lot of people say that, so that begs the question....what makes Lawrence the best in your eyes? What sets him apart?

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obviously his hair...

Dec 29, 2020, 11:59 AM

Signed,

Francis Marion®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Fooled me...

Dec 29, 2020, 1:19 PM

I fer sure thought Francis Marion would say his legs. :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

He's sooooooooo tall! -Heather Dinich***

Dec 29, 2020, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Obviously his hair... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meant to give you a TU instead of a TD haha. My screen

Dec 29, 2020, 1:58 PM

shifted as I was clicking on TU -- my apologies!

I reserve all my TDs for coots like GWPCoot®.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I just figured someone was mad I didn't call her Sammich***

Dec 29, 2020, 2:13 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to say one thing. Arm strength, ability to check down on receivers

And recognize what defense is doing at such a young age. And I’m not sure how much it’ll be used in the nfl but his ability to run. You see the difference in our running game and overall offense when he’s in there. He’s already pretty good at running the RPO

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hard to say one thing. Arm strength, ability to check down on receivers

Dec 29, 2020, 2:44 PM

Pre-snap and post-snap reads, Big arm and also touch. Killer instinct.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trevor Lawrence question

Athletic ability, attitude, size, speed, touch, commitment, arm strength, toughness, leadership, puts a team on his back, and the way he can roll to his left and turn his hips and throws those darts down field. Peyton Manning couldn't even do that. Guys like Baker Mayfield really can only roll to their right.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As of late?

Dec 29, 2020, 12:00 PM

That mustache, all the way.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Dec 29, 2020, 12:01 PM

He can make every single throw and has the ability to torch elite defenses on the ground.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Trevor Lawrence question- arm and accuracy

Dec 29, 2020, 12:07 PM

He dosnt miss many throws and those he does arent missed by much unless tipped or he is hit. Also he doesnt fire the ball unless he needs to.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's the complete package...

Dec 29, 2020, 12:03 PM

From purely a football standpoint, he has all of the physical and mental tools you could want.

Outside of football, he's a really good kid. Very high level of character and integrity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

He's fearless...he gets pi$$ed when he gets hit and he plays

Dec 29, 2020, 12:03 PM

with confidence (attitude) and poise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too many things to list...

Dec 29, 2020, 12:10 PM

But one thing comes to mind....

Due to his vision and arm strength... the whole field is always in play ...

He can roll all the way to his right and still find the open receiver on the far opposite side ... and then proceed to deliver the football right where it needs to be...

Very few NFL QBs actually possess this combination of vision and arm strength...

How very frustrating that must be for opposing defensive players and coaches....

Very seldom tries to force things, can throw to any part of the field no matter where he is. Great runner as well. as has been said, the complete package, very blessed that he chose Clemson. One of the all time greats in college football at the quarterback position. Hope he gets two more wins!!

His ability to over come poorly designed pass plays/routes. If he had the plays of Fla, Bama, Ol Miss, and several others instead of so many 50/50 jump balls he would be hands down the Heisman winner. Watched recent highlights of him and it is very sad to see that he gets very few plays that produce open receivers.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2020, 12:13 PM

He's good, he knows it but he does not have that "EGO" thing.

Dec 29, 2020, 12:14 PM

To be able to make every single throw, which apparently he can do, puts him in a very elite group. Then to be able to add a dynamite running threat to the package probably sends him to a league of his own. On top of all of that, he seems to be a young man of high character, strong leadership, courage under pressure, intelligence, game savvy, and innate ability to perform at the highest level on the biggest stages. Truly remarkable.

Dec 29, 2020, 12:25 PM

I was sitting in the endzone @ Ga Tech when Lawrence was a freshman. He was rolling to his left when he threw a dart on a rope to Renfrow for a TD. My mouth dropped and I said dayum. That did it for me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2020, 2:12 PM

^^This^^ Knew he needed to start at that point.

He doesn't panic..

Dec 29, 2020, 12:28 PM

He tried to force some plays in the LSU game last year but that was a team of destiny. Think of all the hits Trevor has taken or the bad plays he has had....he almost ALWAYS comes back on the next play and either hits a back breaker or at least comes back stronger. No better example than the Shaun Wade helmet hit last year and then a few series later, he runs for his epic touchdown. Can't keep the kid down!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2020, 12:30 PM

If I had to use only one word to describe what makes him look different and unique it would be ......

effortless

I’ve never seen anyone look so calm, smooth, effortless with everything he does on the field.

He is the theoretical love child of the Dalai Lama and Baryshnikov!

Dec 29, 2020, 12:33 PM

TL has a physical and mental package I have never seen in a college QB before. What's most impressive is his ability to always stay in the game mentally. When he has made poor decisions he adjusts and never makes the same mistake twice. He has a complete understanding of the offense and has the "Andrew Luck coach on the field" ability with a more athletic frame.

Dec 29, 2020, 12:45 PM

The bigger question in my opinion is if everyone seemingly is agreed on that statement “he’s the best college football quarterback ever” THEN WHY THE HECK ISNT HE FIRST TEAM ALL AMERICAN AND THE HEISMAN WINNER

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Command of the game

Dec 29, 2020, 12:51 PM

And control of the game.

His preparation work must be incredible

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2020, 12:57 PM

He reminds me of myself, and his humility.

Every superlative is appropriate, and then some...

Dec 29, 2020, 12:57 PM

...which is why it will be an absolute crime if/when he doesn't win the Heisman.

Not just the greatest player this year, but one of the all-time greats, especially if we can win one more Natty.

TL

Dec 29, 2020, 1:08 PM

Is a Clemson man. That alone separates him from others!

There have been a lot of QB specimens who were gifted

Dec 29, 2020, 1:07 PM

with size, speed and rockets for arms, but crashed and burned in the NFL. You also see less-than-Olympian guys thrive. The Ryan Leaf/Peyton Manning thing comes to mind, plus guys like Brady, Brees and Romo. But why is that?

I listen to SXM NFL Radio a lot, plus other channels with guys who interview quarterbacks during the draft process and during their careers. They say the really good quarterbacks are able to command the attention of everyone in a room the instant they walk through the door. It's impossible to NOT notice them. They command attention and respect without doing anything or saying a word. Their teammates, even older vets, listen to them and do what they say.

Is that an attitude thing? I'd say partially, but it also comes from a winning culture and mindset you can't just HAVE, you have to DEVELOP. The good ones are competitive from the instant they're allowed to compete as toddlers, and they spend their entire childhoods through college doing whatever it takes to win. Nobody is born with that, you can't capture that in a bottle, and it's rarer than you think.

Trevor has THAT. He has IT. Whatever you want to call it. He's been a winner his entire life, he knows what it takes to win, and he knows how to pull that out of his teammates. Combine that with 6'-6", 220, a cannon arm, accuracy, game intelligence, and a nice set of wheels, and you're looking at the best quarterback prospect in a very long time, maybe ever. Impossible to say. But none of us are going to be surprised if Trevor gets a bust in Canton in 2040.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Started in 3 national title games and won 2 of them.

Dec 29, 2020, 1:13 PM

Oops...I gave away the ending.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure butI heard when he plays O st, his Jersey

Dec 29, 2020, 1:24 PM

is just gonna say DADDY on the back

That's what I herd

null

What sets him apart???

Dec 29, 2020, 2:30 PM

His commitment to preparation, his grit while competing and his disgust of losing.

Take away half his raw talent and the lad is still a winner!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic