Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trevor Lawrence, Second Coming of DW4
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 4,181

Trevor Lawrence, Second Coming of DW4

Jan 3, 2018, 9:45 PM

I know there is definitely a divide between those of us who feel like KB is 12-2 as a starter got us to the CFP and what not. Then there are those of us that believe KB is simply not a QB, he’s a wonderful athlete but not at QB. We have tremendous playmakers that are not utilized because of this. Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you're thinking he's a lot like Hurts?***

Jan 3, 2018, 9:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So you're thinking he's a lot like Hurts?***

Jan 3, 2018, 9:56 PM

He's better than Hurts and JT Barret.

Jan 3, 2018, 10:15 PM

Hurts has played in 3 consecutive NCGs and Barrett owns almost every B1G QB record including ones previously owned by Brees and Brady. Let’s be real here man.

Jan 3, 2018, 11:27 PM

Wrong. Hurts has not played in 3 consecutive NC’s.

Jan 4, 2018, 1:48 AM [ in reply to Re: So you're thinking he's a lot like Hurts?*** ]

And Hurts is not the reason why they’ve gotten there. We know what happens when Barrett plays an elite defense like Clemson. None of the above are elite QBs but all are great athletes. It’s really impossible to know which is a better QB at this point.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better than Hurts, just didn’t have the oline Hurts did.***

Jan 3, 2018, 11:55 PM [ in reply to Re: So you're thinking he's a lot like Hurts?*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2018, 7:25 AM [ in reply to Re: So you're thinking he's a lot like Hurts?*** ]

Hope this is sarcasm. Otherwise it’s ridiculous

Jan 3, 2018, 9:58 PM [ in reply to So you're thinking he's a lot like Hurts?*** ]

He is a lot like hurts he just didn’t have Calvin Ridley or Damien Harris. Those guys are just more mature than our guys at skill positions

Thanks for keeping up.

Jan 3, 2018, 10:19 PM

KB was the object of my comment. Obviously TL is in another class of athlete.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trevor Lawrence, Second Coming of DW4

Jan 3, 2018, 9:58 PM

We do just fine when our line blocks. We averaged 35 points a game. What do you want?

Jan 3, 2018, 10:01 PM

Better than these stats 13 td? With our offense it should be more like 13 after 4 games

Jan 4, 2018, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence, Second Coming of DW4 ]

We ran the ball better this year. Look at all the TDs ETN had and what KB had rushing. We didn't have to throw the ball to score most of the time.

KB is perfect to run the Wildcat

Jan 3, 2018, 10:20 PM

but not as the starting QB

My thought is more of a wish

Jan 4, 2018, 7:30 AM

I wish there were some people who got paid millions of dollars to evaluate, recruit, and train kids to play football at clemson. These people would evaluate each player and decide which one gives clemson the best chance to win.

It is a little greedy, but I also wish these people could, I duuno, win a national championship or something.

If clemson had a grout of people, let's just call them coaches for now, then the football team wouldn't have to listen to all the experts on tnet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 4, 2018, 7:36 AM

We lost to Bamma due to poor execution on the OL . It was not on Kelly Bryant...

Jan 4, 2018, 8:12 AM

Listen guys I’m not saying KB wasn’t the best option this year he was, but what I am saying is there is nothing that anyone can say to make me he’s a qb he isn’t he can’t throw a dang ball 20 yards that doesn’t look like a lollipop. I’m talking about the future not the past as well. As much as it hurts no pun intended to lose to bama who had extra time to get healthy that is over. All I’m saying is the best pocket passer keyword “passer” is now on campus and if KB wants to be a productive part of this team he will learn how to play a different position period.

Jan 4, 2018, 7:55 AM

KB has his limitations tendency to over throw, hesitancy, etc) but I think the skill guys (wr & te) we're not that good this year. They have potential but didn't live up to it. They had no fight, we're unreliable, wouldn't jump for the ball. I would have been nervous putting it in tight windows or throwing a 50-50 ball to this group. Last year we felt the majority of Mike Williams catches were amazing bc they were, Deshaun wasn't always accurate, he just put it in the vicinity and Mike would perform acrobatic acts to make sure he got the ball, Jordan Leggett would stretch till he got a hernia to catch it, Hunter Renfrow would dig a tunnel to scoop the ball before it hit the turf. Didn't have that effort this year so it makes it hard as a QB to take risk. Deshaun's skilled crew covered his inaccurracy if they could. KB's crew magnified his inaccurracy. I say this with exception to the end of the season Hunter Renfrow and Tee Higgins. I wouldn't have much faith in them to risk an INT.

Jan 4, 2018, 10:37 AM

I think he is the first coming of TL16. He will establish his own legacy, and I personally believe it will be a great one. The future is more than solid with him diving the Orange Express!

Exactly!

Jan 4, 2018, 10:39 AM

Kind of like how Steve Young wasn't the 2nd coming of Joe Montana. Aaron Rodgers isn't the 2nd coming of Brett Favre. etc etc

Replies: 19
| visibility 4,181
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic