Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trenton Simpson.... Wow
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Trenton Simpson.... Wow

Dec 17, 2019, 8:45 AM

Just got done reading his quotes by Anna Hickey. This kid belongs here....

Clemson landed a commitment from five-star linebacker Trenton Simpson of Charlotte (N.C.) Mallard Creek on Saturday.

Simpson traveled to campus on Friday for an official visit. Clemson offered a day later, and Simpson committed to Dabo Swinney on the spot. On his way back home to Charlotte on Sunday afternoon, he gave Clemson247 an interview.

— On when he knew receiving a Clemson offer might come to fruition...

"Last week, Clemson was playing in the ACC Championship in Charlotte and it was only 20 minutes away from me, and I didn't want to miss that opportunity to see Clemson play and show them how interested I really was. You never know how they would view that, and it's something I think really helped me with them. My mom got me tickets for an early Christmas present. We were in the third row and it was amazing.

"And then after that, I found out Clemson was really interested and coach Venables was going to do an in-home visit with me last Thursday. During the in-home is when he invited me on an official visit. I still didn't know for sure I was going to be offered after that, but he invited me on an official visit so I knew they were really interested."

— On receiving the Clemson offer and committing thereafter....

"I didn't want to get my hopes up and then be crushed. So I just enjoyed the visit and decided to let it play out how it was supposed to.

"I was offered by coach Swinney on Saturday afternoon and it was the greatest feeling ever. He invited me out to the 50-yard line and he talked to me about my process and how I've been coming to camps and how much I believed and loved Clemson. He said he loves guys that are all-in and he wanted to offer me. I was shocked because my dreams were coming true and for a lot of people, dreams don't always come true. I just kept working hard and being myself and how my parents raised me to be, and God really let it happen. I committed as soon as he told me I was getting offered.

"My mom started crying when I was offered because she's been taking me to all this stuff since I was 10-years old. She knew how badly I wanted this. My dad was really happy too."

COMMENTS
— On how he projects in Clemson's defense...

"I'm 6-foot-3, 225 pounds right now. 235 is the highest I want to get. I don't really want to add more weight, I just want to get faster. My mom is 5-foot-10, so I've been blessed with good size. I'm enrolling in Clemson in January and we'll figure out then how I'll fit into the defense, whether it's Sam or Will. That'll take care of itself. I'll play wherever I'm needed. Right now I'm still living in the moment. I'm all Clemson right now."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trenton Simpson.... Wow

Dec 17, 2019, 8:45 AM

He's a beast. I don't think many realize just how good he is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Dec 17, 2019, 8:58 AM

I'm mainly impressed by his passion to wasnt to come and be a Tiger... He's a 5 star, but stayed as humble as a walk-on.
I believe that will play out in his time here at Clemson. He will be a great one.

Dec 17, 2019, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Trenton Simpson.... Wow ]

I'm mainly impressed by his passion to wasnt to come and be a Tiger... He's a 5 star, but stayed as humble as a walk-on.
I believe that will play out in his time here at Clemson. He will be a great one.

Dec 17, 2019, 8:59 AM

*want to be not wasnt *

Dec 17, 2019, 8:57 AM

Even though I had no clue who he was until he committed, I'm thrilled he stuck it out and waited on an offer. He sounds exactly like the kind of person you want playing at Clemson.

This is the kind of player that has a special career.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saying..Flowe WHO?!

Dec 17, 2019, 9:02 AM

Ha..not to put down highly talented Mr Flow of Calif but always want a local player who loves himself some Clemson & confesses it!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2019, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Trenton Simpson.... Wow ]

Ditto this 96!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Dec 17, 2019, 9:16 AM

If you go back and watch the full game you can actually see him in the stands wearing a Clemson hoodie when they were coming back to game action. I'm pretty sure it was during the 1st quarter.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2019, 9:18 AM

To the parents of Jordan Burch & Justin Flowe,
Read what Trenton Simpson wrote & the type of person he is......this will be what your kids are around!
Go Tigers!
We Are family!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic