Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Travis Blanks comment...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,497

Travis Blanks comment...

May 16, 2012, 1:56 PM

I said yesterday that I hope Bellamy wakes up for his sake. I really do wish the kid well. With that said, I can see how some Clemson fans are feeling frustrated about the situation and arent all sunshine and rainbows about it. Go through my post history to yesterday and youll see my comments about being a former athlete. I walked on, got hurt, finished my time at Clemson as a regular student with no assistance that is provided to athletes. Ive seen student and academic life at Clemson from both sides. Having both perspectives, I can fully understand why someone who worked and graduated from Clemson would be irritated that a talented young man who was given chances to work hard didnt do it. I said it yesterday, I dont believe he put his best foot foward. If thats bashing him then so be it. I just hope he works hard to get back here and siezes the opportunity he had (and may have again).

On to Blanks' comment: One thing I dont like that comes out of players mouths', and Dabo's, is this "true fan". What is a "true fan"? I coach at a school where we arent blessed with the funding Clemson gets. So maybe Dabo and players can afford to alienate a particular group of fans bc it doesnt really hurt them financially, but my players and I cant where I coach. If you pay your dues then youre okay to say whatever youd like. Im on board with Clemosn athletics. Do they #### me off, sure. But I still believe that we can achieve greatness. I still attend when I can but college coaching is insanely busy. I coach at a level lower than D1 so our season just wrapped up. I finally have some downtime! Im not offended by Blanks' or Dabo's comments bc I consider myself a "true fan". I just dont like the idea that they think its okay to come out and say that type of stuff towards fans who financially support this program. I always hear coaches say "...well fans need to understand..." Well maybe coaches and players need to try to understand the fans a little too and stop trying to alienate particular parts of our fanbase. I find that to be just as classless on their part as I do SOME of the crazy negative things Ive seen said towards Bellamy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you can TD, then atleast post why did***

May 16, 2012, 2:08 PM

Re: Travis Blanks comment...

May 16, 2012, 2:31 PM

This is just my personal opinion, but I think a "true fan" means that you support your team through and through, 100% of the time. I am currently a student at Clemson, and there are many students as well as fans in general who only support the team when they are playing well. However, as soon as they lose a couple of games, the same fans start complaining and stop supporting the team. I just feel like you should support your Tigers all the time, whether they win, lose, or draw.

For example, after the Wofford game this season I overheard a fan talking about how much Dabo sucks and how we'd be lucky to win 5 games, etc. Then, after we beat UNC to improve to 8-0, I saw the same fan again at Death Valley and he was saying how Dabo should be coach of the year and how he has never been happier to be a Clemson fan.

I know that people will criticize and give out their opinions of different things they feel should be done better, but I just feel like fans should support the team in winning and in defeat. That's where the "true fan" comes in at.

That is just my two cents though.

That's right! Is that why the student section is so full ALL

May 16, 2012, 2:37 PM

the time?

Re: That's right! Is that why the student section is so full ALL

May 16, 2012, 2:48 PM

Huh?? I just answered a question about the term "true fan." Why are you talking about the student section?

I've been at every single home game ever since I've been a student at Clemson, and I've even traveled to a few away games. I absolutely love Clemson football and basketball, so I try to go to as many games as I can. However, some people don't go for different reasons. I personally hate that some games, like Wofford and Troy, aren't as packed as other games (Auburn, Florida State). But you can't really do anything about it. Some people just don't get into football I guess.

We are glad to have students like you. It is a shame when

May 16, 2012, 2:59 PM

the student section is not full or everyone leaves at halftime. That should be THE loudest section the entire game.

So the fans who were saying we'd be lucky to win 5 games

May 16, 2012, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Travis Blanks comment... ]

werent true fans? They were at the game and paid their dues. What more do people want from them? If you could walk away from Wofford and feel good about what you saw then you dont watch much FB. I said it myself, if we play like this we wont make a bowl. Key words "if we play like this". We obviously improved. I didnt think we could beat VT. According to Dabo I wasnt "All In". What I think gets me the most about Blanks' comments is that youve got graduates/fans who've been giving for years who arent happy with Bellamy, and now some 18yr old who's been on campus for 4 months is gonna tell you you arent a "true fan".

BTW, I just graduated from Clemson. Good luck to you!***

May 16, 2012, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Travis Blanks comment... ]

Be careful--logical reasoning is frowned upon around here!***

May 16, 2012, 3:07 PM

Supporting the team and supporting the actions of

May 16, 2012, 3:13 PM

specific players on the team are absolutely not the same thing. You can be a "true fan" and support the team "100% of the time" and still be critical of Mike Bellamy.

The guy was afforded every opportunity in the world to succeed at Clemson and he repeatedly squandered them. It's not like he was some hard working, team player that everyone loved and he just couldn't the grades.

I wish Bellamy the best and i hope he gets things turned around, but we fans have every right to be critical of his actions while at Clemson.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,497
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic