Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Transfer Portal brings out the worst in fans...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,310

Transfer Portal brings out the worst in fans...

May 15, 2019, 12:04 PM

Grow up. Kids are making hard decisions for their future and people immediately want to bash them. Drives me insane.

Get over yourself. Or, go yell at an inanimate object or something.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is about that idjit

May 15, 2019, 12:09 PM

cutigerbob® ,isn't it?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: This is about that idjit

May 15, 2019, 12:11 PM

Yep. He’s always somewhere without ride height requirements causing trouble.

Re: Transfer Portal brings out the worst in fans..

May 15, 2019, 12:34 PM

This crap..transfer portal, flies against everything “All In” stands for! In this Clemson culture of family, love and brotherhood there is a disconnect with this transfer thingy. That’s why some of us are frustrated because are they “All In” or is that just a laughable after thought?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Transfer Portal brings out the worst in fans..

May 15, 2019, 12:39 PM

That’s not what Dabo, who built the culture, thinks...

Not a fan of TCI, but the quote from Dabo was posted there regarding Feaster potentially going to SCar...

Swinney says if Feaster ultimately decides to go to South Carolina then he will wish him the best.

“It does not make me love him any less. It does not make me appreciate him any less,” the Clemson coach said. “He is one of the best young men that I have had. He is going to graduate this summer. If that is what is on his heart and he feels like that is what he needs to do, then all you can do is support him.

“Again, I am disappointed (he is leaving), but it does not make me love him any less and it should not make anyone else love him any less regardless of where he goes. He has done a phenomenal job in his time here. He has been a model guy and I wish him nothing but the best wherever he might go.”

Get your degree, and you’ve paid what you owed. That’s the vibe I’m getting from the man in charge.

^^^^Perfect example of Transferportalmania

May 15, 2019, 1:01 PM

Bashing basher.

Re: ^^^^Perfect example of Transferportalmania

May 15, 2019, 1:17 PM

So, I’m a hypocrite because I’m taking up for our players who have done their best to do things right?

Should I sit silently while folks go after kids who’ve done the right things and are just trying to make the best decisions for their future?

May 15, 2019, 5:26 PM

The RIGHT thing is for these kids to be Tigers! That, in my opinion is to stay and fight for their team’s success. This whole “Bless their hearts, thank you good and faithful servant” mantra is probably the rational thought process but nothing about this entire situation seems rational. In my world, warped as you may think it is, either you’re a Clemson Tiger or you’re against the Clemson Tigers. This transfer portal crap is just the beginning of the end of the concept of team and loyalty! Let them go, good bye!

May 15, 2019, 6:22 PM

I’m so glad I don’t have your mentality or I’d still be the “head busboy” at an Italian restaurant and not a business professional.

These are people, with a future to consider man. They have Clemson degrees and have generally spoken well of Clemson even after their decision.

Blind loyalty is what you want, even if it’s at the expense of their future? Yeah, that sounds all fine and good if you’re thinking of it from a selfish perspective.

This is the real world.

Thank you for posting this. I agree 100%.

May 15, 2019, 5:35 PM

It’s sad that some people here don’t support these student-athletes more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Thank you for posting this. I agree 100%.

May 15, 2019, 6:33 PM

It’s just a warped perspective and most don’t take the time to think it through.

College athletics, especially at places like Clemson, are a #### near religious experience. Which, makes people put on blinders.

Like I said. These are actually people, living in a free country, with every right to make any decision they want regarding their future.

Getting upset when the do so is incredibly short sighted.

Re: Transfer Portal brings out the worst in fans...

May 15, 2019, 6:23 PM

Your post is a joke

Transfer portal is a very bad NCAA intervention

May 15, 2019, 6:27 PM

I never said I liked the transfer portal.

I said I disliked people going after a young person who is making very complicated decisions about their future, using the system in place to do so. Especially when those young people are graduates and speak well of Clemson.

May 15, 2019, 10:54 PM

The identity loosing the most with a transfer like this is the University. For all the money and time invested in a student, for them to be able to jump so easily . . . it sucks. This needs to change. If for no other reason than it can leave a team under manned in an area, that they had not predicted they would be. How about if a player is involve d in spring football . . they cannot transfer until after the next season?

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,310
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic