Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Traitor or Enemy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Traitor or Enemy

Jun 29, 2013, 2:19 PM

I have posted my feelings about The Rock crime many times and suggested we have some patience until we find out all the facts. However, I will ignore my own advice and ask the question: If it is true that the deed was done by one of "ours," arn't you angrier than if it was a pup or a coot? You can despise an enemy but a traitor makes you go ballistic. A traitor gives aid and comfort to the enemy. At least an enemy is faithful to his own, regardless of their failings.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I, for one, would be much more angry at a coot or a pup.

Jun 29, 2013, 2:21 PM

I am much more forgiving of our own if that is the case.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Traitor or Enemy

Jun 29, 2013, 2:22 PM

I'm so mad about the deed the origins of the perp dont matter. it annoys a CU fan could be that big a self absorbed flaming behind but it unfortunately surprise me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

doesnt surprise to be clear

Jun 29, 2013, 2:23 PM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Take them out back and shoot them.***

Jun 29, 2013, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Traitor or Enemy ]

I'm not sold on the notion he's "one of own." I understand

Jun 29, 2013, 2:26 PM

his family has shown some fan allegiance to Clemson. Not so sure about the kid. Nevertheless, it doesn't make it any better if it turns out he's a huge fan who just wanted a rare souvenir. He did what he did and needs to suffer the consequences.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I agree.***

Jun 29, 2013, 2:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is NOT a Clemson fan!!!

Jun 29, 2013, 2:41 PM

There is more to this story. A Clemson fan would not do this, it just wouldn't cross your mind if you were a Clemson fan. Something must have happened

In my book, neither. He can't be a traitor unless he was

Jun 29, 2013, 2:50 PM

part of the Clemson family. Unless and until someone shows me that one of his parents (or even grandparents) is an alumni or that he was raised up spending five or six Saturdays a fall in Clemson, he is just some dumb kid from the mountains (less than 30 minutes from my house) with a decal on his truck.

A lot of people up here in WNC don't have much connection to a university (at least not compared to the Palmetto State) and they tend to be bandwagon fans (a lot of bandwagon UT and UGA football fans and a lot of bandwagon UNCheat and Wuffpack hoops fans). Unless proven otherwise, this kid was a bandwagon fan and we can always do with less of them...

I have mixed feelings.....I don't want coots having the

Jun 29, 2013, 3:14 PM

satisfaction that they broke Howard's Rock that is so special to all Tigers. On the other hand to have a reason to hate them even more would be satisfying to me. I do not consider Micah Rogers a Clemson fan.

Jun 29, 2013, 3:47 PM

That fish faced hillbilly poop nugget isn't "one of our own" any more than John Hinkley is one of Jodi Foster's "own".

He could have a tiger paw tattooed on his schlong. So the F what? That doesn't make him part of the family any more than buying a Kiss album makes you subject to the favor of Gene Simmons.

We're not desperate for "fans". In fact, I think we could afford to distance the University from a lot of the inbred monster truck driving, Bojangles eating, bible thumping, rock breaking buckets of illiterate trash and be better for it.

this articulated my thoughts better than i can. thumbs up

Jun 29, 2013, 5:47 PM

i will post it again with a minor tweaks

That hillbilly poop nugget isn't "one of our own" any more than John Hinkley is one of Jodi Foster's "own".

He could have a tiger paw tattooed on his schlong. So the F what? That doesn't make him part of the family any more than buying a Kiss album makes you subject to the favor of Gene Simmons.

We're not desperate for "fans". In fact, I think we could afford to distance the University from a lot of the inbred monster truck driving, Bojangles eating, bible thumping, rock breaking buckets of illiterate trash and be better for it.

BOOM !!!

maybe remove mention of

Jun 29, 2013, 5:48 PM

Bojanlges.

i do love me some Bojangles.
chicken and bisuits.

Jun 29, 2013, 5:21 PM

Could this guy have been denied admission to Clemson causing him to seek revenge?

Jun 29, 2013, 5:36 PM

no they looked into it, he had not applied to cu.either way if you want memorabillia you go buy the
little small replica like I did

Jun 29, 2013, 5:50 PM

yeah my daughter gave me one of those. it is pretty nice

Jun 29, 2013, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Traitor or Enemy ]

just another all about me kid that wants what he wants while disregarding the how it impacts others......im just sick.....feel a bit like i did after the orange bowl embarrassment.......had thoughts that if we didnt find the guy, we could use the rock as a rally cry during the season to give our team that extra edge that they sometimes lack......now i got this loud duh echoing in my ears.....like we really need the embarrassment of it being a so called clemson fan....definitely takes a bit of the luster off a very proud tradition

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic