Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Toughest games ranked in order
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,611

Toughest games ranked in order

Jul 31, 2018, 4:58 PM

1) At BC

They WILL be either 8-1 or 7-2 and ranked somewhere 12-15ish, I'd bet my lucky Clemson socks on it. This should be the best team they've fielded in years and they're gonna give us all we can handle. Fortunately I think their success will go through Dillon and we're great at shutting down opposing backs. BC will go a long way in showing our schedule isn't as weak as it seems on paper. If they beat us there's a chance they go to Charlotte instead of us.

2) At FSU

This is more out of respect for their former greatness than me actually being worried. If we call a conservative offense the game might go late in the third. They've got talented dudes like usual but it will take a season or five for Taggart to get them back to 10 wins. Like BC, their success goes through a featured back and think we can take Akers away, despite the fact their O-line (5 guys back with starts) should be marginally better than the last two years' factory of sadness. I could watch Lamar's sack & fumble recovery from last year ALL. DAY. LONG. They lost all three linebackers so look for Etienne to only get tackled by DBs 30 yards down the field, if they catch him at all.

3) At A&M

Thought about the coots here but they're just hopelessly outclassed against our talent this year; just watch last year's game. Not that A&M isn't, but Lil' Jimbo is 10 times the coach Chump will ever be. That being said, no amount of coaching can fix a terrible O-line, and a terrible O-line spells disaster against our D. They've got a good back in Williams but the bad line should make him easy to bottle up. They also may not have decided on a QB, and how does the saying go? If you have two QBs you don't have one? Their defense shouldn't be as big a train wreck as last year but their corners aren't great and bad DE's means TNT should gash them outside.

Honorable mention: NC State

Their offense will be really good, but our defense is better. A really good defense is how you stop Clemson, and theirs will be hot garbage. We might drop more points on them than any of our other Power 5 opponents, especially since it's at home.

I'M BOARD, SPOT THE DAGGUM BALL.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Toughest games ranked in order

Jul 31, 2018, 5:33 PM

At FSU

Ncst

At A and M

At BC

Louis

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2018, 5:38 PM

Agree with you, but I might switch NC St and A&M heck Wake beat A&M last year so Wake and Duke will be close behind.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2018, 9:09 PM

Not bad takes but to comment on what you said, we don’t always do a good job of shutting down good backs. Dalvin cook ran over us 3 years in a row I believe. But if they focus on just the run Venables will have the boys ready to stomp that

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cook had a big run, aided by a hold, to open the game in DV in 2015.

Jul 31, 2018, 10:49 PM

Then, if memory serves me well, we shut him down. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what i remember.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 31, 2018, 9:21 PM

Of all the away games, Wake makes me the most nervous. They gave us fits last year in our house. Their coach definitely has my respect. I expect Wake to be the surprise team in the ACC this year. We will probably beat them, but I expect a battle from them.

That said:
At BC
At TAM (cuz 12 men vs our 11)
Tie At Wake/At FSU :) I have to laugh at FSU at this point. We might curb-stomp the Noles in their house.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2018, 10:54 PM

@Texas A&M
@FSU
NCS

BC will be good but won't be able to run on us

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2018, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Toughest games ranked in order ]

@Texas A&M
@FSU