Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Texas A&M, UGA, and LSU in playoffs?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Texas A&M, UGA, and LSU in playoffs?

Sep 5, 2014, 7:37 PM

This Dave guy calling the BC/Pitt game seems to think so.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dumbest thing I've ever heard

Sep 5, 2014, 7:42 PM

LSU won't sniff the playoffs if they don't improve, and I'm not convinced that ATM is somehow elite just because they thumped a way overrated SCU team.

I could see UGa getting in, but I'm not convinced they can throw the ball or defend the pass well enough to beat everybody on their schedule. I think they beat us because we didn't have enough experienced playmakers on the offensive side of the ball, but what will they do when they face a team like Auburn that can really score? The only thing is that their schedule is really easy outside of that game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA won't make it past the SECCG

Sep 6, 2014, 12:11 PM

They're eventually going to face an OL and a running attack with a pulse and it's going to wear them out.

Re: Texas A&M, UGA, and LSU in playoffs?

Sep 5, 2014, 7:42 PM

Might as well add Bama to, make it all SEC

Sep 5, 2014, 7:43 PM

Saw that. Either the guy is the biggest sec homer out there or the biggest moron. Come to think of it, he could be both.

think it was Danny Kanell, former FSU player***

Sep 5, 2014, 7:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: think it was Danny Kanell, former FSU player***

Sep 5, 2014, 7:52 PM

No. Kanell only had 1 sec team in his list and that was UGA. "Dave" had 3 sec teams.

Apparently those 2 in the booth

Sep 5, 2014, 7:47 PM

Have been smoking something....

Find out where he buys his pot.***

Sep 5, 2014, 7:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's why he calls games for a living

Sep 5, 2014, 8:51 PM

The committee will select 4 conference champions it's that simple. What comes out of the mouths of ESPN experts is just noise.

It's early. A lot of hurdles and road games to get by yet.***

Sep 5, 2014, 8:53 PM

Re: It's early. A lot of hurdles and road games to get by yet.***

Sep 5, 2014, 9:38 PM

LSU needs to find a Legit QB, A&M beat an over rated Scar te and UGAy won't be able to rely on the run all season, Mason will have win games through the air... No chance that happens

Yeah, Mason doesn't look too strong in the passing game***

Sep 5, 2014, 10:40 PM

Re: It's early. A lot of hurdles and road games to get by yet.***

Sep 6, 2014, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: It's early. A lot of hurdles and road games to get by yet.*** ]

> LSU needs to find a Legit QB, A&M beat an over rated
> Scar te and UGAy won't be able to rely on the run all
> season, Mason will have win games through the air...
> No chance that happens

UGA needs to get our 2 best receivers healthy and on the field, which should happen by USEe. Then I see our passing game opening up more. But I'm happy with a run-oriented, ball/clock control O. I'm pretty sure our game plan on Sat was to wear your D down (Gurley's limited carries). If we can do that vs CU, one of the best D fronts in CFB, I'm not sure I want to change that up too much thinking long ball on 3rd down. Get the 1st early or put yourself in short yardage situations on 3rds. Wears a D down.

Sep 5, 2014, 9:13 PM

There will be one rep from four of the five conferences, period.

Sep 5, 2014, 9:39 PM

Bama or Auburn will be there. Maybe both.

Sep 5, 2014, 9:50 PM

No chance, listen, the new committee will put the winners of four of the five major conferences in the show, period.

Sep 5, 2014, 9:53 PM

We have no idea what the Committee will do. If Bama and Auburn were both un-defeated with the exception of one of them losing to the other by 1 point, I think they would both go.

Sep 5, 2014, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Texas A&M, UGA, and LSU in playoffs? ]

People have a hard time understanding this thing, but the reason the new system is in place was seeded the year that the SEC sent two teams against each other for the NC. You think the other majors were not frothing at the bit over that stuff? Enter change, which I agree with btw. Send the four best major conference champions into the pit to decide the best. No way any conference should ever have two reps, ever.

Sep 5, 2014, 9:55 PM

If you cannot win your conference you have no business in the final four championship. None.

Sep 5, 2014, 11:34 PM

Why?

Because you obviously aren't the best...

Sep 6, 2014, 3:47 AM

?

Sep 5, 2014, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Texas A&M, UGA, and LSU in playoffs? ]

You obviously have not been keeping up with the selection rules. The committee has said they want the 4 best teams.

Sep 6, 2014, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Texas A&M, UGA, and LSU in playoffs? ]

I agree but think they should take the power 5 champs + the highest ranked non power 5 team.

Two highest ranked teams get a bye, 3 plays 6, 4 plays 5. 1 and 2 play winners and then you have a national title game.

Sep 6, 2014, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Texas A&M, UGA, and LSU in playoffs? ]

So I guess we didn't get rid of the BCS if the logic is automatically putting a conference champion in! SMH

Sep 6, 2014, 12:37 PM

The problem with the BCS was letting a computer decide who plays for the national championship.

Unless all the major conferences excepting the SEC crap

Sep 6, 2014, 6:08 AM

their pants this season I don't believe for one moment collegiate fandom across the nation would sit still for three SEC teams in the playoffs despite the committee composition.

I have been suspect of the four-team playoffs from the get-go, because I believe an eight-team method would lend more toward equitable opportunities for all the major conferences. Thus, I believe the current system will be of short duration, and we'll see eight teams in a three week playoff sooner rather than later.

Hence, these prognosticators are blowing smoke up their own behinds...in my opinion, of course.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally agree about the 8-team... I think it's coming.***

Sep 6, 2014, 6:35 AM

Re: Totally agree about the 8-team... I think it's coming.***

Sep 6, 2014, 6:55 AM

5 major conference winners get in. Maybe the AAC winner depending on record. Other 2-3 spots are at large bids picked by commitee.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Totally agree about the 8-team... I think it's coming.***

Sep 6, 2014, 8:30 AM

8 team wont happen. It would then become advantageous to not win you conference. As a at large selection you would have played one less game and had more rest from you last game. It is 4 teams, 5 conferences for a reason.

You may very well be correct. However, I doubt many

Sep 6, 2014, 8:41 AM

coaches would consider losing a conference title to be advantageous.

Most importantly, I like to hedge my bets, meaning I'm not willing to make bodacious statements of purported fact unless I know the facts are supportable. Hence, why I wouldn't say "won't happen." Yet, if you choose to do so, then that's your option, my Friend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You may very well be correct. However, I doubt many

Sep 6, 2014, 8:52 AM

I am just going off what they university presidents have said: which is a fact, also, fan bases cant travel in 3 consecutive weeks. Playoff games in an empty Rose Bowl,or Super Dome? Not gonna happen. Unless, they do away with conference championships(not happening)

More room for SEC teams in an 8-team playoff

Sep 6, 2014, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Unless all the major conferences excepting the SEC crap ]

Right now with the 4-team, people would flip their #### if more than two got in from any one conference. I think this year they're only going to get one, with how things are looking out west.

I would be more than surprised ...

Sep 6, 2014, 12:33 PM

If more than 1 from any conference makes the 4 team play-off. I would take a very strange season with most every team having two or more losses.

NO WAY. I don't want 2 teams from same conf

Sep 6, 2014, 11:45 AM

in the playoffs. If you are not the best team in your conference, you CANNOT be the best team in the country.

Message was edited by: Tiger_Fan_007®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic