Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Total Authority"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 70
| visibility 1

"Total Authority"

Apr 14, 2020, 10:20 AM

Well, there it finally is. For those who have defended the president for years, claiming he wasn't an authoritarian who didn't understand the Constitution, he finally proved it wrong in a fit of rage. Anger usually brings out people's true feelings.

And he repeated it multiple times to drive the point home. He didn't misspeak. He meant it.

There's no question it's indefensible and not what America has ever stood for. It goes against the Constitution, our history, and the very idea of a republic. Now, I'm sure some folks will throw in some other presidents and claim they did the same thing, but those claims will be easily dashed with historical evidence.

But finally, Trump admitted what he is and what he's believed all along.

So at this point, you pretty much boil down to two camps. You either realize how absurd and wrong his statement is (again, one he repeated multiple times), and that Trump views himself as autocrat, or you defend and agree with his statement, and admit that you've wanted a ruler/dictator for America all along so long as he supports what you believe.

I'm glad the governors are standing up to him. The executive branch has needed weakening for many administrations now, and Trump certainly didn't create that problem. But no president is better fit to be knocked down a few levels in his idea of what authority he has, and the governors pushing back against him will highlight the weakness of this administration.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

you love talking about Trump

Apr 14, 2020, 10:23 AM

you have any other interests?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Are you one of those people...

Apr 14, 2020, 10:30 AM

Who doesn't understand why people discuss the president on a political forum?

Also, that's a pretty lame attempt to deflect from the fact that you know I'm right. You know he ###### up. People who posted deflecting responses are just admitting the OP is spot-on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

honestly

Apr 14, 2020, 10:54 AM

didn't even read your post, just wondering if you had other interests

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Booze. Dogs. Movies. More booze.***

Apr 14, 2020, 12:22 PM

Re: Booze. Dogs. Movies. More booze.***

Apr 14, 2020, 12:49 PM

Living the dream......

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's cool

Apr 14, 2020, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Booze. Dogs. Movies. More booze.*** ]

hang in there

The MSM got pawned during that presser.

Apr 14, 2020, 10:25 AM

Fauci exposed their lies, and yours, during that press conference and this is what you came away with? lutz

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What else is there to come away with?

Apr 14, 2020, 10:31 AM

Our president finally admitted he thinks he's a dictator. That's the lead, bruh.

Can't wait to see the governors collectively own him.

Re: What else is there to come away with?

Apr 14, 2020, 10:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why am I not surprised...

Apr 14, 2020, 10:35 AM

That you probably agree with his "total authority" claim?

I don't, he's wrong.

Apr 14, 2020, 10:44 AM

I wonder if it was Obama we'd still have the same position on presidential authority. I would.

He still killed the MSM. Fauci devoured the bodies.

We already do share that opinion.

Apr 14, 2020, 12:21 PM

I've stated repeatedly (and you've read it and are choosing to pretend you haven't) that executive authority has been too strong and abused over the last four administrations. Obama's hallmark of this was his abuse of executive orders.

And if you had a problem with it, then you shouldn't have deflected.

Re: We already do share that opinion.

Apr 14, 2020, 6:09 PM

Too bad you didn't state it during those adminlistrations as it happened, except of course during GWB's I assume.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Son...

Apr 14, 2020, 10:42 PM

The kid's table is over there. Let the adults talk.

Re: Why am I not surprised...

Apr 14, 2020, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Why am I not surprised... ]

How do you feel about what Honest Abe did?

That's what I thought.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You think that fat ### would take off his shirt in public?***

Apr 14, 2020, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Re: What else is there to come away with? ]

There's a lot of latent homoeroticism in pro-Trump political

Apr 14, 2020, 1:47 PM

cartoons.

Just so we don't have to see the T-Rump...***

Apr 14, 2020, 2:35 PM [ in reply to You think that fat ### would take off his shirt in public?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just so we don't have to see the T-Rump...***

Apr 14, 2020, 2:41 PM

Which governors? The two in the most important and affected

Apr 14, 2020, 4:03 PM [ in reply to What else is there to come away with? ]

states, NY and CA, the two governors who call into left wing talk shows to say how great Trump has been for them?
"The President has delivered for NY"
"He has done everything I have asked him to do."
"If I asked him for something, he did it if it was in his power to do so."
"If I call, he calls me back in 10 minutes, every time."
"He always asks about my family, hoping we are doing well."

Those governors? I think they'll get along fine, don't you?

Re: Which governors? The two in the most important and affected

Apr 14, 2020, 10:41 PM

The governors who will keep their states closed as long as they #### please regardless of Trump.

Those governors.

The POTUS not having a very basic understanding of his...

Apr 14, 2020, 4:25 PM [ in reply to The MSM got pawned during that presser. ]

role and constitutional power is pretty big news...especially at this point in the coronavirus discussion.

And it wasn't a passing comment...it was thought out and said purposefully.

That's pretty dang scary.

I have yet to hear any respectable person agree with him on that statement.

It doesn't scare the sheet out of you that the POTUS thinks he has the power to, for instance, open up schools?

And...if he thinks he has the power to open things up, he must think he has the power to close things...and if so, why didn't he close anything?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Total Authority"

Apr 14, 2020, 10:25 AM

This is why he has been quietly stacking the federal courts as fast as he can. The only thing the Senate has been diligent in has been approving his judgeship nominations.

If he has enough judges in his pocket, it won't matter what the governors try to do.

If he gets one more supreme court justice, it won't matter what the electorate does either.

That sticky little 10th amendment thing though.....

Apr 14, 2020, 10:42 AM

Or will he try to pull the Supremacy Clause as his "Trump" card?

I like your funny words magic man

LOLutz

Apr 14, 2020, 10:44 AM

"57 States" referencing the United States, not the 57 Islamic States.

"my Muslim faith" when he had to be corrected by Stephanolopous that he meant Christian.

If you think Trump saying "Total Authority" means what you typed, then surely you thought Obama was a Muslim when he said those things, correct?

You and the people who take snippets and apply them wholesale are two peas in the same pod, just on opposite political ends.

What's wrong with Muslims?***

Apr 14, 2020, 10:47 AM

they like to kill people. like the terrorist attack last

Apr 14, 2020, 11:28 AM

week in tennessee....that's juss for starters

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Ah. All Muslims like to kill people?***

Apr 14, 2020, 12:58 PM

Christians don't kill people?***

Apr 14, 2020, 2:20 PM [ in reply to they like to kill people. like the terrorist attack last ]

It’s always funny to see the Trumpies pull out the 57 states quote.

Apr 14, 2020, 10:58 AM [ in reply to LOLutz ]

8 years, and that’s pretty much the only slip up they can reference. We get at least one a day from Trump.

Interesting.

Apr 14, 2020, 12:19 PM [ in reply to LOLutz ]

The 57 states comment is irrelevant. Obama didn't admit to being Muslim. You took the quote out of context.

It doesn't matter. I think Obama also abused his authority as a president.

Trump didn't misspeak and correct himself. He stated it repeatedly. He meant it.

And you don't have a problem with it?

Trump restated the claim multiple times. It was not a slip***

Apr 14, 2020, 1:44 PM [ in reply to LOLutz ]

does all the federal money come without stipulations

Apr 14, 2020, 11:03 AM

i dunno,states rights believer but sometime you might be giving up those rights by demanding stuff

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The states are asking for half a trillion dollars...

Apr 14, 2020, 11:17 AM

for bailouts and the MSM is threatening the state might not go along with what the President wants? Does the MSM know that he is the last one needed to sign the bailout package?

Trump-

"Tell the Democrat Governors that “Mutiny On The Bounty” was one of my all time favorite movies. A good old fashioned mutiny every now and then is an exciting and invigorating thing to watch, especially when the mutineers need so much from the Captain. Too easy!"

It is true. The POTUS can't tell the state when to open on presidental authority alone but state might know that choking the chicken is no way to increase egg production.

Don't think the Constitution says that.***

Apr 14, 2020, 12:23 PM [ in reply to does all the federal money come without stipulations ]

LOL you all were crying like little b’s

Apr 14, 2020, 11:30 AM

you were doing so well then bam, flat on your face

Apr 14, 2020, 12:02 PM

https://history.house.gov/institution/origins-development/power-of-the-purse/

Re: you were doing so well then bam, flat on your face

Apr 14, 2020, 12:06 PM

Man, figured you'd be in here a lot sooner than this on this

Apr 14, 2020, 11:45 AM

one.....hammered the topic pretty hard yesterday.

(for the record, it was an idiotic and incorrect comment)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. He will lose his base with that comment.

Apr 14, 2020, 11:59 AM

That may be one he wants to walk back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. I hammer people in here a lot for ascribing bad

Apr 14, 2020, 12:12 PM

intentions to Trump when the only way to validate their opinion would be having the power of mind riding. For consistency's sake, when a glaringly bad comment liked this is made, it's probably fair to similarly criticize people who defend it when the only way to validate his good intentions behind it would similarly be through mental telepathy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whew. Got cross-eyed reading that last sentence.

Apr 14, 2020, 12:17 PM

But I got it after the fourth read. :)

ooof, yeah that was pretty horrible.***

Apr 14, 2020, 12:23 PM

I watched his presser when governors were ordering

Apr 14, 2020, 12:28 PM

shutdowns. At that time he said only governors have the authority to do that. Said he didn't have that power, but could only recommend shutting down. He was right, and I was fine with that. NOW, he's done a 180 and says he has total authority to force states to open back up? Ummm....nope. Doesn't work that way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The easy inferral to make from this

Apr 14, 2020, 12:42 PM

Is that he doesn't want the blame for doing something negative, but does want the credit for doing something positive.

I hope he modifies his comments to make clear that is not his mindset.

Sorry, this should be inference, not inferral.***

Apr 14, 2020, 1:22 PM

He won’t lose his base with comments like that. He could shoot

Apr 14, 2020, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Yep. He will lose his base with that comment. ]

someone in the middle of Fifth Ave and wouldn’t lose a vote (hyperbole, but not far from the truth). His base will follow him blindly no matter what he says or does.

With alternatives like Biden, can you blame em?

Apr 14, 2020, 11:14 PM

You're gobsmacked that people might be happy driving a Yugo, without caring that the alternative is a Trabant.

I know, man I wanted to...

Apr 14, 2020, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Man, figured you'd be in here a lot sooner than this on this ]

Had to put in quality wife time last night and been dealing with some development issues on my street today.

Apparently some developers think they have absolute authority as well.

Cata, in case you need a summary of people's responses...

Apr 14, 2020, 12:23 PM

You make a lot of good points, so I'm going to attack you personally, make up some bad things about Barack Obama, and oh the MSM got totally PWNED!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Sounds like the standard playbook.

Apr 14, 2020, 12:24 PM

More predictable than Paul Johnson.

left me out***

Apr 14, 2020, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Cata, in case you need a summary of people's responses... ]

Fine, here you go.

Apr 14, 2020, 12:37 PM

Blah blah blah, look at me I'm henry, blah blah blah.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: Fine, here you go.

Apr 14, 2020, 1:53 PM

Re: Fine, here you go.

Apr 14, 2020, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Fine, here you go. ]

leave Henry Alone

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thank you

Apr 14, 2020, 3:40 PM

Re: Cata, in case you need a summary of people's responses...

Apr 14, 2020, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Cata, in case you need a summary of people's responses... ]

Be more careful please. We don't need images in our minds of you and Cata acting as "consenting adults"

All that sounds good, and we all agree that the three

Apr 14, 2020, 2:05 PM

branches have to maintain the roles given to them, but so far all you refer to is what he said in response to a question, and you even had to explain that by saying, "In anger the truth comes out". Actually, that is not true: the opposite often happens.

When he actually does something that infringes on the roles of the other two, and in a manner beyond which other presidents - both D and R - have tried, get back to us.

When he acts cautiously, letting govs determine what to do, he is called, literally, a mass murderer. He then gets goaded into anger over that, and says, "Hell with it, I'll say when we're done", and now he's an authoritarian.

So now you have your talking points, but no, none of that makes him authoritarian. He might well be, but not due to anything you have said so far.

Re: All that sounds good, and we all agree that the three

Apr 14, 2020, 10:47 PM

It's indefensible. Stop trying to spin it.

Look, he's going to be releasing "papers" on it soon.

Apr 14, 2020, 3:25 PM

"Enough."

Are we clear that he was speaking specifically to the topic

Apr 14, 2020, 6:04 PM

of restarting the US economy?

Don’t get me wrong. It’s still a moronic and wrong comment. But there is Trump thinking that the POTUS has full authority on one topic and then there is Trump thinking he is a dictator. He clearly said “on the topic we are discussing, the President has full authority.”

In that regard, I reject your false dichotomy. I never wanted a dictator and I don’t believe Trump thinks he’s a dictator. But I also agree he was wrong and the statement is foolish. (Of course, some Constitutional scholar may come Out with an explanation of why he’s right.,.i hardly understand much these days)

null

Oh Jesus Christ

Apr 14, 2020, 10:46 PM

Here:

Donald Trump: (01:02:03)
No, not at all. Let me just tell you very simple. I’m going to put it very simply. The president of the United States has the authority to do what the president has the authority to do, which is very powerful. The president of the United States calls the shots. If we weren’t here for the states, you would have had a problem in this country like you’ve never seen before. We were here to back them up, and we’ve more than backed them up. We did a job that nobody ever thought was possible. It’s a decision for the president of the United States.

Donald Trump: (01:02:31)
Now, with that being said, we’re going to work with the states, because it’s very important. You have local governments. They’re pinpointed. It’s really, you talk about… It’s like a microchip. They’re pinpointed. We have local government that hopefully will do a good job. If they don’t do a good job, I’d step in so fast. But no, they can’t do anything without the approval of the president of the United States.

Speaker 33: (01:14:21)
So if some States refused to reopen and you ordered them to, the 10th amendment of the constitution says all powers that don’t reside in the president of the Congress reside in the states, how do you overcome that?

Donald Trump: (01:14:30)
Well if some states refuse to open, I would like to see that person run for election. They’re going to open. They’re going to all open.

Speaker 33: (01:14:37)
[crosstalk 01:14:37] the ballot box, I think that –

Donald Trump: (01:14:38)
That’s something that’s not going to happen. They want to open. They have to open. They have to get open. Every one of those states, the people want to go and they want to … Now, some will be, are in a different situation. You have, I won’t name states now, but I will over the next two or three days. I’m going to be very specific, but you have some states where this is not the kind of a problem than it is in New York or Louisiana or Michigan or other places that got hit very hard. Illinois got hit very hard, but all states want to open and they want to open as soon as possible, but they want to open safely and so do I. Yeah please.

Speaker 34: (01:15:15)
Thank you, Mr. President. Today, the French president, Emmanuel Macron , said that he will keep the shutdown down in France till the middle of May. Does that mean that the US will keep the ban of flights from New York?

Donald Trump: (01:15:26)
No, France got hit very hard. France got hit very hard and again, he has to do what he has to do. He’s a friend of mine, but France, Spain has just been decimated. You look at what’s happened in Italy, it’s a very well known fact what happened in Italy. No, they were hit very hard.

Speaker 35: (01:15:43)
Question for secretary Mnuchin. Has everybody that you would like to have, the 100 business people on the economic council, have they all been invited already? Have they all agreed to [crosstalk 01:15:51]?

Steven Mnuchin: (01:15:52)
They haven’t been invited yet. We just reviewed the names with the President today [crosstalk 01:15:55].

Speaker 35: (01:15:56)
And are they from all sectors? Energy-

Steven Mnuchin: (01:15:57)
Yes. Basically there’s vertical, so every single area of the economy, we want it to be represented.

Speaker 35: (01:16:03)
Great. One other thing. Is there anything else needs to be done to work on industry, oil industry jobs to save oil industry jobs after the deal this past weekend?

Steven Mnuchin: (01:16:12)
Well, I think there’s always things. So we’re working with Larry Kudlow. We have-

Speaker 35: (01:16:15)
Anything specifically that needs to be done?

Steven Mnuchin: (01:16:16)
We have economic plans for every single part of the economy. Obviously in the case of the oil industry, they’ve been hit especially hard because you’ve had both the supply issue and you’ve had the demand issue.

Speaker 28: (01:16:30)
Have you figured out the bail-out money for the airlines, the allocations for the airlines?

Steven Mnuchin: (01:16:33)
So I’m pleased to say we’ve worked very hard. I think as you probably have seen, we put out a press release that we have now had discussions with almost all the airlines. I’ve personally had discussions with all the major airline CEOs. We specifically created an exception for small airlines that we could process very quickly and I think you’ll see, very quickly, decisions coming out. I’m very pleased with the discussion we’ve had.

Donald Trump: (01:16:59)
We’ve had very good [inaudible 00:13: 00].

Speaker 36: (01:17:01)
Mr. Secretary?

Steven Mnuchin: (01:17:02)
Yes.

Speaker 36: (01:17:02)
Do you still see a need for a Phase Four stimulus or is it just [crosstalk 01:17:04]-

Donald Trump: (01:17:04)
Steve I just want to say we have had discussion-

Speaker 36: (01:17:06)
[crosstalk 01:17:06] with that?

Donald Trump: (01:17:06)
Excuse me one second. We’ve had very good discussions with the airlines. Very good discussions.

Speaker 28: (01:17:12)
Is it possible to reopen the economy on May the 1st?

Donald Trump: (01:17:15)
I don’t want to say that. You’ll be hearing over the next few days.

Speaker 36: (01:17:18)
[crosstalk 01:17:18] do you still see a need for a Phase Four this push in lieu of another stimulus?

Steven Mnuchin: (01:17:25)
Okay. So again, let me just comment. Congress, on a bipartisan basis, approved an unprecedented amount of money to help American workers and American business because it was no fault of their own that business was closed down. We have been very diligently executing on that. Everybody said it was going to take months to get people money. We are executing very quickly. We created a whole new SBA program in a week. Our job right now is to execute the 2.3 billion, which we can add several trillion dollars with the Fed.

Steven Mnuchin: (01:17:59)
The one area we are particularly concerned about is the small business program. Quite frankly, it’s even more incredibly popular and successful than we anticipated. So the President wants to be very clear. We have money for that and once we get done with that, we will review with the President. If there is more money that needs to be to support this economy, to support hardworking Americans, we will work with Congress to get that in time.

Donald Trump: (01:18:22)
And Steve, do you want to talk about Phase Four?

Steven Mnuchin: (01:18:25)
So Phase Four, the President has talked about infrastructure for a long period of time. We’ve talked about to the extent that the hospitals need more money because of the medical issues, we’ll monitor that. We want to make sure there are incentives for restaurants, entertainment, people to get back to those types of things. So we’ll be looking at very specifically provisions to stimulate parts of the economy. Some of them may be money issues, some of them may be regulatory issues.

Speaker 37: (01:18:55)
[crosstalk 01:18:55] just to clarify your understanding of your authority vis a vis governors. Just to be very specific. For instance, if a governor issued a stay at home order-

Donald Trump: (01:19:06)
When you say my authority, the president’s authority, not mine, because it’s not me. This is when somebody is the President of the United States, the authority is total and that’s the way it’s got to be.

Speaker 37: (01:19:17)
It’s total. Your authority is total?

Donald Trump: (01:19:19)
It’s total. It’s total-

Speaker 37: (01:19:19)
What part of the [crosstalk 01:19:19].

Donald Trump: (01:19:20)
And the governors know that.

Speaker 37: (01:19:21)
So if a governor-

Donald Trump: (01:19:22)
The governors know that. Now you have a couple of bands of-

Speaker 37: (01:19:24)
[crosstalk 00:15:24]-

Donald Trump: (01:19:24)
Excuse me, excuse me.

Speaker 37: (01:19:25)
Could you rescind that order?

Donald Trump: (01:19:26)
You have a couple of bands of Democrat governors, but they will agree to it. They will agree it.

Speaker 37: (01:19:34)
What does the authority cover?

Donald Trump: (01:19:35)
The authority of the President of the United States having to do with the subject we’re talking about is total. [crosstalk 01:19:41]. Yeah please go ahead.

I’m confused. Do you post all that to prove I was right?

Apr 14, 2020, 11:12 PM

He literally said he was referring to the subject matter they were discussing. His previous reference to total authority didn’t say that outright because he wasn’t giving a lecture on the Constitution, he was talking about the Coronavirus Pandemic and reopening the economy.

Naturally, he needs to account for intellectually dishonest opposition who will try to tell us all that he thinks he is a king, so that was certainly a blunder on his part. And as I said, I think he’s wrong that he can tell states to reopen their economy. But that’s clearly what he meant, as he states specifically, as your post shows.

null

Re: I’m confused. Do you post all that to prove I was right?

Apr 14, 2020, 11:17 PM

"No, not at all. Let me just tell you very simple. I’m going to put it very simply. The president of the United States has the authority to do what the president has the authority to do, which is very powerful. The president of the United States calls the shots."

Yes, a comment made in the context of his authority over

Apr 14, 2020, 11:33 PM

opening the economy.

I’m still confused. It’s like you’re trying to show how right I am...which of course I know you are not. But like I said, the President shouldn’t have made those comments without qualifying them each and every time, because then intellectually dishonest opponents will try to say that he thinks he’s a king. He probably failed to qualify it because he was in a press conference on the Pandemic, answering questions about reopening the economy. He qualifies it at the end, probably realizing that intellectually dishonest opponents will use the shorthand comments against him.

But of course, I could be wrong. You highlighted the first comment in your C&P transcript. Perhaps he was responding to a question like “Mr. Trump, what would you say about the POTUS’s authority on everything?” Do you have the transcript from before Trump’s comment?

null

Re: Yes, a comment made in the context of his authority over

Apr 14, 2020, 11:36 PM

If you recognize the president was out line with his comments, what's the debate? My point is to highlight how he thinks he is the final authority, and I chose this as an example.

If you think he was out of line, what's the debate?

Oh. Maybe nothing.

Apr 14, 2020, 11:48 PM

I thought you were saying that he thinks he’s a dictator...that the POTUS has absolute authority over everything. I know you said that we either have to disagree with his comment or admit that we’ve always wanted a dictator, and that I certainly don’t agree with. But if you’re saying that you think his comment was wrong, then yes...I think you are right.

null

I kind of feel like we're sort of violently agreeing.***

Apr 14, 2020, 11:52 PM

Apr 14, 2020, 11:19 PM

You actually think that the democrat blue state governors that claiming they can’t open their states up until a vaccine is available is actually going to fly with the people? You can’t possibly be that stupid. These a$$hats are going to defy the presidents request and deny the needs of their citizens. I hope trump rolls tanks and MRAPS through their capital and these corrupt snakes get arrested for sedition. I’ll sit back and laugh while his approval rating gets another bump.

Apr 14, 2020, 11:30 PM

Yes, Memphis, we all know you want and welcome Trump as a dictator. You don't have to chime in.

Replies: 70
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic