Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Took a trip over to Rocky Bottom aka Vol Nation,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 4,856

Took a trip over to Rocky Bottom aka Vol Nation,

Jan 24, 2021, 7:59 PM

Half of them think Coach Elliott will be their next coach and they’re not happy. Some idiots think they have a chance at Kiffin, Gruden, or even Freeze. They say they want a “proven” coach. I hope and pray these are just rumors. TE is too good for those ignorant #####.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Took a trip over to Rocky Bottom aka Vol Nation,

Jan 24, 2021, 8:10 PM

The average Vol fan is nothing more than a glorified coot fan

Jan 24, 2021, 8:10 PM

The average Vol fan is nothing more than a glorified coot fan

Jan 24, 2021, 8:34 PM

I'm one that would hate to see Tony go even though his play calling sometimes get really stale, but we have 2 NC with Tony calling the plays. But if he does leave, he will get what he alone ask for bc, I don't know of anybody asking him to leave. Also IMO, the grass surely isn't greener at Rocky Top!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2021, 10:46 PM

the grass may not be,but unfortunately the $$$$$ will most likely be.the one thing keeping te close to home is that he's got his eye on hc,if and when dabo decides to step down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Kiffin?

Jan 24, 2021, 8:39 PM

Do they have amnesia?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2021, 8:45 PM

If TE do leave for Rocky Top, do he take any of his assistant coaches with him, and do we lose any recruits bc he left?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2021, 9:03 PM

would be tough to convince a recruit to leave Clemson and go to Tennessee, assuming they are about to have 3 to 4 more years of irrelevancy

Might get a transfer portal guy or 2 from Clemson though

Jan 25, 2021, 9:21 AM

I was thinking on those same lines, but thought I would ask that question bc anything is possible. But to be totally honest, I've never believed the rumors BC, Tony has had much better offers than that dumpster fire in Rocky Top. The coot job would have been better than 10 a c IMO, and Tony wouldn't be caught near that dumpster fire!!!

Jan 24, 2021, 8:49 PM

Don't even mention our Rocky Bottom in same breath with those vols .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boosters having too much influence over coaching hires

Jan 25, 2021, 10:35 AM

is one of the reasons Tenn is such a dumpster fire right now. Not to say that he would have been a savior, but they had a solid coach hired in Greg Schiano, and the boosters put the kibosh on it. That should never have been allowed to happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boosters having too much influence over coaching hires

Jan 25, 2021, 12:42 PM

It wasn't just the boosters that stopped Schiano. A lot of fans believe he was tied to Sandusky and that is the reason they didn't want him. The kids at school were actually marching against it. Most reasonable people don't believe that Freeze or Kiffin will be the next coach and the ones that comment about Gruden are bringing up a 10 year old joke, which you wouldn't know if you weren't a vol fan. With potential sanctions, most fans know that we aren't expecting a name brand coach. There is a lot of hope that they can throw Jimbo Fisher type money and lure someone in, but I expect that us vol fans will be going through another training session with another coordinator to get stability back in the program. I don't think wins will matter the next two years. What I am understanding from talking to most of my fellow Vol fans is that we don't know if TE can coach kids that don't have 5 stars next to their name coming in and we don't know who he would bring in for assistants.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you would

Jan 25, 2021, 12:47 PM

know who ANY Head Coaching hire is going to bring in as assistants ahead of time? IF you think you do, that may be part of the problem at Tennessee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you would

Jan 25, 2021, 12:50 PM

Its never certain on who they will bring, but you are normally aware of who coaches have ties with and most coaches that take a head coach position don't like to hire someone they aren't familiar with. Look at your situation in Clemson. If TE leaves, your posters are saying that they will probably promote internally instead of going out to find a new coordinator. That is the way I'm reading it anyway.

Re: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you would

Jan 25, 2021, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you would ]

I think it's a pretty standard part of the interview process to discuss who will be on the coaching staff. You wouldn't be a very good job candidate if you didn't have that planned out.

Replies: 14
| visibility 4,856
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic