»
Topic: Heard Clemson AD attended the Div I NCAA Men's Wrestling Touney in Ok City w/ group of alums.
Replies: 15   Last Post: Mar 31, 2014 3:26 AM by: exyankee
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 15  

Heard Clemson AD attended the Div I NCAA Men's Wrestling Touney in Ok City w/ group of alums.

[1]
Posted: Mar 28, 2014 2:18 PM

Also, heard that AD is seriously considering adding Men's Wrestling after the Basketball team gets their facility upgrade. Can't do it sooner until commitment is made to Men's Basketball.

We need a softball program too

[1]
Posted: Mar 28, 2014 2:46 PM

No jokes about Jack.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: we certainly need to upgrade the baseball program.***

Posted: Mar 28, 2014 3:28 PM

I think a Women's Beach Volleyball Team would be good ...

[3]
Posted: Mar 28, 2014 3:36 PM

https://www.google.com/search?q=womens+beach+volleyball+pretty&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Ps41U5ijCJbesASwp4C4BQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=870

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Heard Clemson AD attended the Div I NCAA Men's Wrestling Touney in Ok City w/ group of alums.

Posted: Mar 28, 2014 5:35 PM

We DO NOT need to bring back wrestling.

I would like to see us add softball.***

Posted: Mar 28, 2014 5:46 PM

and potentially lacrosse (fun sport + it's inexpensive)***

Posted: Mar 28, 2014 5:46 PM

lacrosse is fun to watch***

Posted: Mar 28, 2014 7:08 PM

nm

Too expensive

Posted: Mar 28, 2014 6:11 PM

the facility alone would cost millions.

Here is a link to what Elon was proposing. $1.2 million for a SoCon level facility, so imagine what an ACC level facility would cost.

http://www.elon.edu/e-web/advancement/facilities/hunt-softball-park.xhtml

Division III Concordia University is raising $2.6 million to build a softball facility. That's Division III.

http://impactnews.com/austin-metro/lake-travis-westlake/concordia-university-texas-to-build-softball-field/

That doesn't begin to cover the fact that we simply do not have a large talent pool readily available here in SC to act as a core. We would have to recruit primarily out of state players which costs more money.

I love softball as much as anyone on here but I see no need to add a sport if we aren't going to fund it well enough to be competitive in short order.

Re: Too expensive

Posted: Mar 30, 2014 11:08 PM

Softball would cost Clemson. When there is a comparable men's sport, facilities have to be in line... not exact same but there is some measure like you can't have the nicest baseball in your conference and the worst softball. When SC built their new baseball stadium, they had to spend $5 m upgrading the softball stadium to be in compliance.

What's your beef w/ bringing back Wrestling?

Posted: Mar 30, 2014 9:31 PM

For a school Clemson's size to only have one male Winter sport is just silly. It's inexpensive to field, exciting to watch, and it's a sport we used to have success with.

I agree. I'm talking about Wrestling though, not Softball.***

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 3:20 AM

Sorry about that...iPhone "fat thumb" syndrome***

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 3:26 AM

Replies: 15  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Boston College
FOR SALE: 8 seats together for Boston College in lower level section P rows QQ and RR (4+4 back to back). ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1310 people have read this post