Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tony Steward Draft.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 3,247

Tony Steward Draft.

Jan 26, 2015, 1:00 PM

anyone know anything or have any opinions on where Tony Steward will be drafted. He has huge potential and heart, he's going to be a steal for someone.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tony Steward Draft.

Jan 26, 2015, 1:02 PM

He's the kind of guy that a good organization will do their homework and take late.

I don't see a former 5* recruit who had a solid senior campaign being left on the board, but stranger things have happened.

I see him going 5th or 6th round to a team like Baltimore, New England, Pittsburgh, San Fran...teams who are known to take good athletes and train them up fro their system.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2015, 1:03 PM

5 or 6th is what I was thinking. You have to think GMs are also considering past injuries in their risk/benefit analysis.

Jan 26, 2015, 1:09 PM

Hate to say but will be a free agent. No one will risk a pick because of his knees, he will have to prove himself......he may be on practice squad after next season......but hope for better!!

Jan 26, 2015, 2:01 PM

no one really cares what a chicken fan thinks

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

YOU THINK NFL TEAMS LOOK AT THE PLAYER'S STAR

Jan 26, 2015, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Tony Steward Draft. ]

RATING FROM HIGH SCHOOL?

Moran.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: YOU THINK NFL TEAMS LOOK AT THE PLAYER'S STAR

Jan 26, 2015, 1:09 PM

Well they probably know the middle name of every prospect's grade school teacher.

Jan 26, 2015, 1:10 PM [ in reply to YOU THINK NFL TEAMS LOOK AT THE PLAYER'S STAR ]

Nope, not anymore than they do production.

For example, the SEC's leading tackler for 2 years in a row and a Phil Steele All-American wasn't taken until the 6th round because he was about 1.5 inches too short. Danny Trevathan is his name and a borderline Pro Bowl player 2 years later.

It's all a crapshoot. I think 5* is accurate to describe Tony's level of athletic ability, though.

He'll have to work and get better to make it, imo.***

Jan 26, 2015, 2:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2015, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: YOU THINK NFL TEAMS LOOK AT THE PLAYER'S STAR ]

Good post, and don't forget "heart", "determination", "team player", "committed" in any evaluation of Tony Steward. IMHO he is the real deal and will be a great player for some observant team.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bob, it's best if we let him post a lot early in the week

Jan 26, 2015, 1:15 PM [ in reply to YOU THINK NFL TEAMS LOOK AT THE PLAYER'S STAR ]

so he's worn out for big people talk come thursday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: bob, it's best if we let him post a lot early in the week

Jan 26, 2015, 1:19 PM

This bored is boring me to tears lately given the time of year so let me go on my Monday ramble and I'll leave yall be.

Jan 26, 2015, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Tony Steward Draft. ]

Would a free agent contract be better than a 6 round draft spot?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2015, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Tony Steward Draft. ]

Baltimore as a priority UDFA wouldn't surprise me at all. They've been known to target guys who were highly rated recruits and were either limited in opportunities during college or due to injuries. Guys like James Hurst and Marlon Brown (both top 50 type recruits) come to mind from the past few years.

Jan 26, 2015, 1:05 PM

I would be kind of surprised if he gets drafted to be honest with you. While I like him a lot he has major injury concerns for potential teams to take into consideration and he wasn't so good to overlook those concerns. He could over pursue a lot of the time when I watched him closely. I hope he goes late in the draft but will not be shocked if he makes a team as an undrafted free agent.

if you try to draft tony stewart, he will run you over.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here is a vid where he talks about the draft

Jan 26, 2015, 1:24 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7VaWtTahl0

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

7-FA

Why didn't he ever Redshirt?

Jan 26, 2015, 1:38 PM

Seems like he could have used a season to heal, then have used this past year and next year to prove himself to the NFL.

Nonetheless, I can definitely see him being a later round, or possibly even un-drafted (but invited to camps for workouts). I'd love to see him go to a team where they can develop him, and maybe ever put him on the PS for like a year.

I have a feeling something like this can happen for him, where he goes from PS to working his way onto the 53 man roster for a solid NFL career.

Re: Why didn't he ever Redshirt?

Jan 26, 2015, 2:09 PM

They tried to get him a medical redshirt but it was denied by the NC Double A-hole.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he'll end up like Byron Maxwell--apparently

Jan 26, 2015, 2:04 PM

a lot of teams shied away from him because he wasn't a starter until his Sr year and they saw that as some kind of red flag.

I think he'll go late in the draft or sign as a FA to a team that does their legwork on him and end up being a solid starter for someone by his 3rd or 4th year (maybe not Maxwell good but he'll be good).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll guess hat he goes undrafted and signs as a free agent.***

Jan 26, 2015, 2:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will be red flagged with all the ACL injuries, but

Jan 26, 2015, 2:15 PM

His combine numbers and how good he is on special teams will ensure that makes an NFL roster IMO.

Replies: 22
| visibility 3,247
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic