Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tony Elliott: is responsible for play calls, RB's & game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Tony Elliott: is responsible for play calls, RB's & game

Nov 12, 2016, 11:58 PM

Our playing has really been in question lately. Last week the defenses were calling out our plays. This week we have several questionable plays in critical situations, get the ball at midfield in 4Q a couple of times for 0 pints, 2nd and 3 at goal line and we pass for interception?, never went for 2 pts, etc.

Tony Elliott and or Jeff Scott are becoming problematic as offensive coordinators and it showed up tonight.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tony Elliott: is responsible for play calls, RB's & game

Nov 12, 2016, 11:59 PM

That's crazy execution is our problem

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's both

Nov 13, 2016, 12:11 AM

Yep..last year fresh thinking but now thinking

Nov 12, 2016, 11:59 PM

Too Much!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree....it's a pattern....hate kiffin but we need

Nov 13, 2016, 12:05 AM

1 person not 2

playcalling isn't a problem

Nov 13, 2016, 12:10 AM

Turnovers and just mindless plays from the qb position at times (solid most of time though).

That int at the goal line was terrible decision making by Watson and Watson only....leggett was not open at any time there.

I hate that we threw it 70 times but our offensive line was unable to get a push all game (and not the first time all year).

That athlon anonymous coach was right...our oline isn't anything special....they have got to get better

Re: playcalling isn't a problem

Nov 13, 2016, 12:58 AM

I would have agreed until I read another post about stragetic play calling which I never thought about previously. After reading it and thinking about it a lot, Why were they even calling pass plays when the last INT was thrown? 5 minutes left in the game 1st and goal wit an 8 point lead. 3 run plays eats up at least 2.5 minutes or causes Pitt to burn all their timeouts. even if the Tigers don't gain a single yard on the plays, a Chip shot FG makes it a 2 score game with somewhere around 2.5 minutes left. That likely would have secured the game right there regardless of anything else.

Re: playcalling isn't a problem

Nov 13, 2016, 1:06 AM

Exactly. The refs sucked. The 3rd and 1 followed by the 4th and 1 sucked as well but this is where we screwed ourselves. Run the ball with the jumbo package all 3 downs. Kills clock. We possibly get into the end zone or most likely come away with an 11 point lead. DW4 should have ran/thrown it away in that situation BUT our coaches should have never put him in the position to do so.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1st down. Time to run up the gut with Gallman.***

Nov 13, 2016, 1:47 AM [ in reply to playcalling isn't a problem ]

Nov 13, 2016, 12:13 AM

We scored plenty of points. We just gave up too many. We break 40 and you gripe about offensive coordinators.
Every team loses a game every now and again, it happens. The sun will come up tomorrow and we will all be fine.

Nov 13, 2016, 10:16 AM

First down play calling is atrocious! Waisted play! Someone needs to get Elliot's address and credentials and post it on tnet so we can go explain it to him!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2016, 10:16 AM

First down play calling is atrocious! Waisted play! Someone needs to get Elliot's address and credentials and post it on tnet so we can go explain it to him!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic